Cognos : Active Reports and Scheduling Reports
IBM Cognos Active Report
The IBM Cognos Active Report is a new type of report that was introduced in IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 that allows professional report authors to create interactive reporting applications as well as it combines data and layout into a single file. This file can be distributed and viewed offline, allowing reports to be reviewed “on the go”.
Active Reports also contain a great deal of animation and display functionality, making them ideal for dashboards and other high-level reports where style and graphical sophistication are important.
The basic components of an Active Report are the same as any other Report Studio report – lists, crosstabs, charts, etc. However, the way these components communicate and interact with each other is completely new. Designing an Active Report requires an understanding of these interactions, and of how Active Reports are generated by the Cognos report service.
The Active Report is an archived HTML (.MHT) file that can empower users in data exploration and analytics. The reports are similar to PDF files as they are static files with self-serving data.
For further learning please visit the following link http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/reporting/active_report
- A schedule specifies the date and time to run a report
- Purpose of scheduling
1) Refresh the report to view the latest data
2) Report getting large volumes of data to be scheduled to run in office
peak hours / no business hours (to improve the performance )
- After scheduling, reports can be viewed in the following file formats
- After scheduling, the reports can be delivered using the following methods
- Save the report
2) Send the report via e-mail
3) Print the report
- It allows you to set the frequency (Hourly/Daily/Weekly/Monthly) of runs
- From Cognos 10.1 home page,
- Select IBM Cognos Content
- From public folders,
- Select the folder Go Sales and Retailers
- Select a report
- From more actions menu
- Click on new schedule
- Select the Frequency by Day
- Select the start date and end date
- From options,
- Select the override the default values
- Uncheck HTML
- Select PDF
- Click on OK