MSBI Advantages and Its Data Evaluation Stages
MSBI Competitive Advantages
1) It is a single suite for end-to-end business solution.
2) It has extended capability for extraction, transformation and loading.
3) Low cost TCO [Total cost of ownership]
- Easy to Install
- Easy to use
- Easy to maintain
- Cheaper price
4) Highly scalable – It supports multiple instances to connect o the server without sacrificing its performances.
Before 2008 2008 onwards
– The BMI is said to be “linear scalable application” due to having CMS (central management server) and PBM (policy Based Management) servers. (“2008R2”).
Full compatibility between the components of MSBI
– All components runs in the single runtime called ‘CLR’ [common language runtime].
i.e., it is having similar coding, Notation (naming).
– Full support to .Net, XML. and webservices (universal language)
– MSBI provides very good support to the semiware house application (if we are reusing OLTP functionality in ware house.
Data Evaluation Stages
|System Type||Time Taken||No.of rows it operates|
|OLTP(Online Transaction Processing)Ex: Immediate operations booking tickets, movie tickets etc…||Seconds||Less|
|DSS(Decision Support System)Ex: The no.of saving account opened in year 2009 and 2010||Minutes/ hours||More|
|OLCP(Online Complex Processing)Ex: Loan Application||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
|OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)||Minutes/hrs/days||More|
OLTP and DSS are Traditional systems
OLCP and OLAP are Modern system
Ex: The no of saving accounts opened for the year 2009 & 2010 every month wise and every location of INDIA & SINGAPORE.
Enroll for Live Instructor Led Online MSBI Training