What is CRM in SalesForce
What is CRM in SalesForce
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is an information industry term for methodologies, software and usually internet capabilities that helps on “enterprise manages customer relationships” in an organized way. It is a kind of business tool that allows you to manage all your customers, partners and prospect information all in one place.
It includes helping an enterprise to enable its marketing departments to identify and target their best customers, manage marketing campaigns and generate quality loads for the sales team.
CRM technology is offered on-premise and on-demand or through software as a service.
→ ORACLE on – demand -> SAP – CRM
→ Sales force CRM -> SIEBEL – CRM
→ Microsoft Dynamics
CLIENT – SERVER ARCHITECTURE:
The following is an architectural overview of client-server. In this architecture, the end user acts as a client to the service provider, whereas the service provider has its own centralized system known as the server. Once the user connects to the server, they get full rights to access their data.
SALESFORCE CRM (SAAS):
- Cost is reduced
- Complexity is also reduced
- Time is saved
- Resources are also reduced.
CRM in Salesforce and cloud-computing model (SAAS) provide many benefits to enterprises involving only moderate operating expense and offering a “pay-as-you-go”, elastic model that can scale with your changing needs. CRM in salesforce solutions offer the fastest path to customer success in the cloud.
Salesforce is one of the CRM-ERP applications.
Salesforce.com is a subsidiary of force.com
The slogan of the sales force is no h/w, no s/w, no o/s, no DB, no IT overhead, no headache.
SALESFORCE LOADING PROCESS:
- Salesforce will charge from the customers, based on their user base and duration base.
Force.com } platforms in cloud computing
Apex → programming language
Visual force → markup language
Salesforce.com is a cloud computing platform where we have inbuilt or predefined application
Force.com is a cloud computing platform where we can create and customize a new application.
Developer force log in URL:
Salesforce.com is hosted on force.com.
Salesforce.com is driven through 6 clouds:
- chatter.com → people have the possibility of visiting here and exchanging thier ideas.
- Sales. Cloud → marketing and sales
- Service. cloud → support/call center
- force.com cloud → It provides a platform (PAAS)
- database.com cloud → provides DB to store information
- data.com cloud →contains business contact related information
Jigsaw (termed for ‘reentry’)
Search engine pertaining business information.
Keeping track of business partners and customers.
developerforce.com → Tells us how to use platform
sucessforce.com → contains success stories
appxchange.com → contains gels, packages, applications → free or cost
- Contact manager
- Professional → 20 objects are equal to 1 application
- Enterprise → 200 objects
- Unlimited → 2000 objects
- Developer free edition
- Enterprise with one application
- Enterprise with multiple applications
- Unlimited with one application
- Unlimited with multiple applications
We can’t delete anything in salesforce.com, but we can do overriding.
We can’t even edit the properties also.
There are three types of environments in salesforce.com,
- Developer environment
- Sandbox environment
- Production environment
The sandbox is an exact replica of PRD, which is used for developement and testing purpose.
Sandbox environment login URL:
PRD environment login URL:
How data is stored?
Objects ↔ tables
Fields ↔ columns
Record ↔ rows
Present version of salesforce.com is winter 12
Tabs → selection zone
Objects → table in DB
Fields → columns
—>migration (static) → files
–>integration (Dynamic) → .net, Java, SAP, oracle.
Integration is done through web services
Standard components or applications in saleforce.com are:
1) Marketing → companies → mechanism to create awareness
→ loads → entries who are interested in our business.
2) Sales → sale the product and the organization, get revenue
→ account → company/organization/individual
→ contact → people to contact to that ACC
→ opportunity: who are providing more revenue/sales.
3) Call center → cases:-enquires or problems
→ solution: sequence of steps.
→ answers: get back for our questions
Marketing → business promotions of the product
Sales → sale the product
Call center → customer care service against the product
- Customer portal → CRM activates
- Partner portal → PRM activates
This section provides a list of standard objects;
- loads → opportunities → dashboards
- accounts → cases → workflows → products
- contacts → solutions → ideas
- documents → reports → users.
Setup → start working
System log → run line information
Logout → stop workingIDE: Integrated develop environment
The navigational sidebar includes expandable lists of all the tools that are available in the setup area.
→ there are three types of setups in sales force:
1) Personal setup: These tools control individual preferences and all are available to users.
2) Application setup: These tool configure the standard objects, custom objects, and custom applications that are deployed and are typically used only by administrations.
3) Administration setup: These tools configure the platform as a whole and are typically used only by administrators.
CRUD is the table level permission.
C : Create
R : Read
U : Update
D : Delete
User → 1 profile
User → 1 role
The Default profile is a system administrator → privilege to create users, roles, profiles and page layouts.
Enroll For instructor Led Live SalesForce Training @ Mindmajix