SAP SRM Interview Questions
SAP SRM Interview Questions
Q. With reference to Master Data in SRM 7.0, which of the following are true?
1. Master data such as products, business partners etc, is available locally in the SRM system_
2. In SRM, both materials and services are stored as products. These are differentiated by ‘Product Types’
3. Product categories correspond to material hierarchies in the SAP back end system.
4. If the product ID needs to be the same in SRM, as in the backend system, then this can be no longer than 21 characters.
A: 1, 2
All master data is available locally in the SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system. This data includes, for example, product master records, business partner master records, and product categories. You copy the master data from the back-end system to SAP SRM.
In SAP SRM, both materials and services are stored as products. However, yOu can distinguish materials from services by the product type.
Product categories correspond to material groups in the SAP back-end system
If the SAP SRM system communicates with an SAP back-end system, the length of the product ID is restricted to a maximum of 18 characters. This should be the case even if the products are created locally, and not replicated from the back-end system. If you assign a product 10 with more than 18 characters, a different number (with a maximum of 18 characters) has to be assigned in the back-end system.
Q. SRM offers various types of multilevel hierarchies. You can use hierarchies to group together related product categories and suppliers, making them easier to find and report on. Which of the following multilevel hierarchies come as part of standard delivery?
1. Supplier Hierarchies
2. Price Hierarchies
3. Base Hierarchies
4. Central Contract Hierarchies
A: 1, 4
The following multilevel hierarchies come as part of standard delivery:
- Product category hierarchies
- Supplier hierarchies
- Central contract hierarchies
Product category hierarchies provide the following:
- Extended search of product categories
- Import of product category hierarchies into the SAP SRM system, for example:
- Back-end material categories from SAP ERP
- Standard product category hierarchies (such as UNSPC, eClass)
- Customer-defined product categories
Supplier hierarchies provide the Structure and model of supplier relationships
Central Contract Hierarchies Group together similar contracts, making them easier to find and process.
Q. In SR31, you can selectively implement new functions or enhance existing ones by activating business functions. In this context, which of the following are true?
1. SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM) provides a Single-step activation process.
2. Busincss functions arc activated using the BLW switches
3. Business function once activated can be deactivated under certain conditions
SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM) provides a two-step activation process for the implementation of new functions and the enhancement of existing functions.
This approach uses business functions and Customizing switches. You use business functions to display Customizing activities and Customizing switches. Once the Customizing switches are visible, you use them to activate new fields or execute new code.
Activation of Business Functions
When you activate business functions, you activate Switch Framework switches (SFW switches). SFW switches directly control whether new Customizing activities and Customizing switches are visible.
You can activate SAP SRM business functions in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server -> Activate Business Functions .
Deactivation of Business Functions
In SAP SRM, you can deactivate a business function if the following applies:
- The business function only activates Customizing switches and does not directly activate any code or fields.
- The Customizing switches corresponding to the business functions can be deactivated.
To deactivate a business function, perform the following steps need to be performed.
- Check whether there are limitations at Customizing switch level. You can find this information in the business function description and in the documentation of the Customizing switch in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management. If there are no limitations, deactivate the Customizing switch or switches in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management.
- Run transaction Switch Framework Customizing (SFWS), select the business function, and deselect the Revertible checkbox. To do this, you need special authorizations.
- Save and activate your changes.
Q. Which of the following is the sequence of events for the ‘Inbound Processing and Receipt Confirmation Without WM’ process?
1. Receive advanced shipping notification .> Create inbound delivery -> Post goods receipt .> Send proof of delivery .> Track and evaluate procurement process with SCEM
2. Receive advanced shipping notification -> Create inbound delivery -> Send proof of delivery -> Track and evaluate procurement process with SCEM
3. Create inbound delivery -> Post goods receipt -> Track and evaluate procurement process with SCEM
You can use this business process for your inbound processing and receipt confirmation. Whenever a company requires a product to be procured from an external source of supply, whether for use in production (raw materials) or for direct consumption (C-materials), the product will be delivered according to the official procurement document (a P0) agreed between two business partners.
The arrival of the goods could be announced by an advanced shipping notification (MN) from the supplier. This states that the goods are to be delivered in a certain quantity at a defined date and time at a defined company location.
For the delivered product, an inbound delivery is selected and processed for put away.
Once the goods are taken into stock, a goods receipt must be posted.
The actual physical receipt of materials at the warehouse or the receiving locations can be controlled in different levels of detail. For example, you can control the process only at a document level using purchase orders and stock transports orders for inbound deliveries and shipments, or you can go up to the pallet and material level.
Q. What is SRM ?
SRM stands for Supplier Relationship Management. It is an extended form of ERP where data gets transferred between SAP R/3 and the SRM screen (vice versa) so that every Vendor’s coordination will be better and which will fully avoid the paper work and unwanted confusions. It is very effective for the companies which have large number of users who can directly purchase the material using the Shopping Cart in which the materials can be selected from the available Catalogs.
Q. Discuss about the benefits that SAP SRM brings to a business
- SAP SRM enables the organization to achieve the following business benefits: Sustainable cost savings- which enables the companies to achieve a closed loop from source-to-pay.
- Contract compliance – provides visibility into enterprise expenditures and enables the procurement organization to effectively demonstrate according to corporate guidelines.
- Competitive advantage – gives the tools to partner with key suppliers, define supplier management approach, and determine the key metrics.
Q. What number ranges must be configured in SRM ?
Entries should be created in the EBP system to link the EBP purchase orders, requisition and reservation to the backend R/3 system. The logical system ID should reflect that of the EBP application server and client in which the number ranges are being configured. PO, RQ, RS were used to easily distinguish each number range.
Q. Why do we configure number ranges in SRM ?
Number ranges must be established for EBP shopping carts as well as any potential purchasing document so that unique numbers can be generated in the backend R/3 system from EBP. The EBP system needs a number range established that automatically takes the next available number and assigns it to the document which will be created in R/3.configuration must also be established in R/3 to correlate with the ranges in EBP so that conflict never arise when purchasing document.
Q. How do we define ITS URL?
Before the Internet Transaction Server (ITS) can process EBP requests, entries in table must be maintained to initiate a connection to a physical URL, which controls the menu on the left hand side of the screen that shows all of the transactions users have access to. The URL varies depending on which the EBP client the configuration is performed in and it also consists of base address for the integrated ITS instance. To enable EBP purchasing for each client, this configuration needs to be performed once.
Q. What purpose does the SRM org structure serve?
Organizational attributes serve many purposes in EBP system. The primary purpose is to set attributes that define the users` shopping experience. Examples of such attributes are company code, plant and cost centers that the user can order against, etc.
Q. Is there anything in particular that needs to be done to a user or a vendor to make them a valid part of SRM ?
A user or supplier record cannot be assigned to an organizational unit it has a business partner recorded. This means, if Business Partner relationships are not established, users cannot be imported into the organizational structure from the User_Gen Transaction. Then the following error occurs: ‘Business partner of organizational unit does not exist’.
Q. Why do we create the internal number range for local bid invitation ?
An internal number range must be defined to build numerically local bid invitation for RFQ`s and Auction in the Bidding Engine and Live Auction application. These bids does not have a link to any R/3 purchasing document, they are completely local to the ERP system.
Q. If we are replicating from the backend and something is stuck in the queue of R/3 then what can we do then ?
We use transaction SMQ1 in this case. The first thing that should be checked when downloading customizing objects is a possible stuck queue. The R/3 system uses the outbound queue (SMQ1) which is less likely to get stuck initially.
Q. What is the difference between a business partner and a partner function ?
- Generally in SRM business, partner means the entire stake Holders. Example: suppliers, customers, vendors, employee, etc. The function of partner is to make the vendors as reference, and then there will be invoicing party, supplying party, etc.
- Business partner means those who supply the raw material to the customer i.e. buyer.
Q. Give a brief idea what supply management deals with.
Supply management deals with the oversight and management of materials and services inputs, management of the suppliers, which provides vital inputs. The performance of supply management departments and professionals is measured in terms of amount of money saved for the organization. However, managing risk is one of the aspects of supply management; especially the risk of non-availability of quality goods and services important for an organization’s survival and growth.
Q. What is the function of supply management in an organization ?
The supply management function of an organization is responsible for various aspects such as managing supplier performance, implementing technologies, processes, policies, and procedures to support the purchasing process. Also provide supplier relationship management process for providing the structure for how relationships with suppliers will be developed and maintained.
Q. What are the key business process in SAP SRM ?
The key business process in SAP SRM includes:
- Procure to pay- we can integrate catalogue based requisition and gain the benefits of e-procurement.
- Catalogue management- manages catalogue data as master data that is deeply integrated.
- Centralize sourcing- gain visibility into the demand for goods and services.
- Centralized contract management- consolidates contract information.
- Supplier collaboration- links supplier to our purchasing processes through the supplier portal.
Q. What is a Purchasing Organization ?
A Purchasing Organization is the organizational unit within a business responsible for the procurement of goods and services for plants belonging to a particular region. It also negotiates terms and conditions of contracts and purchases from vendors and also assumes legal responsibility for those purchases for the Plants that PO is responsible for. Those Plants are dependant on its assignment.
Q. How SAP SRM is Linked with SAP MM ?
You can replicate Purch Org,purch group, material master, vendor master from backend. you can create PO in SRM and replicate Po in the R/3. All the procurement done in SRM related to MM only.
Q. What is the difference between a partner and a customer ?
If Stake reference of SRM then, In SRM all the stake holders are partners. eg vendor, employees etc.
Q. Why Client implemented EC but not Classic when they have strong ECC?
The reason is to save time and reduce dependency on purchasing department that usually focuses on core purchasing tasks.
For example in classic scenario, purchase order is generated in ECC. For any changes to PO, we need to contact purchasing department. So still we have a dependency.
But in ECS, we can edit the PO in SRM system itself and changes will be replicated to ECC. So we need not contact purchasing team and burden on purchasing team for such requests will totally be eliminated.
So for low spend purchase we need depend on purchasing department at all
Q. What is the different procurement process involved in sap srm?? please reply me as soon as possible . am a beginner in sap ,but i had trained in sap mm in my training period
In SRM depending on the type of bussiness there are different procuremtn process,Some of the them are listed below
- Self-Service Procurement
- Plan-Driven Procurement
- Service Procurement
- Strategic Sourcing
- Operational Contract Management
- Supplier Qualification
- Catalog Content Management
Q. If we replicated a vendor from R/3 to SRM and assigned to wrong Account grp/purcase organisation. How can we Correct it(assign to correct Account grp/purcase organisation), please prove answer in detail.
You can do the changes in vendor master in R/3 and then replicate the vendor changes to SRM system using transaction BBUPDVD(update vendor).