TIBCO Hawk Interview Questions
TIBCO Hawk Interview Questions :
1. What is TIBCO Hawk Rulebase ?
- A Rulebase is a collection of rules that contain management logic.
- Rulebases consists of rules that are made up of data sources, tests and actions.
- A Rulebase must have atleast one rule, a rule must have atleast one test and a test must have atleast one action.
- Datasources are microagent methods that collect data synchronously or asynchronously and return it to an agent.
- Datasource is the source of input data and it is always a method of microagent.
- After the information is received, one or more tests are applied to evaluate the information to compute a true/false value which is used to trigger the actions
2. What are the different ways of creating TIBCO Hawk RuleBases ?
There are multiple ways for creating the rulebases.
1. Hawk Display
2. Hawk Accelrator
Using TIBCO Hawk Display, you can create rulebases with specialized rules. (TIBCO Hawk Display is not included in TIBCO Runtime Agent). Hawk allows you to specify a very large number of alert conditions and alert results.
Using Hawk Accelerator, you can edit the templates according to your need and generate the rulebases using scripts, this is very easy.
For both the options, you must have purchase the full TIBCO Hawk product and Hawk Accelerator to create TIBCO Hawk rulebases.
The same rulebase can be loaded on a single service, or multiple services.
Multiple rules defined in the same rulebase can monitor a particular application or system function.
For example, an application rulebase could include one rule for issuing a medium-level alert if disk space or CPU usage exceeds certain thresholds. Another rule could issue a high-level alert and send a pager message to the system administrator if the application process terminates.