This tutorial walks you through installing, configuring, validating, and patching TIBCO Spotfire Server. In later of TIBCO Spotfire Tutorial, you can add the Spotfire Web Player, Spotfire Automation Services, Spotfire Application Data Services, and Spotfire Statistics Services
Install TIBCO Spotfire Server
Part 1: Prepare the Spotfire Server Database
1. Copy the directory Administrator Essentials Installers Spotfire Server scripts mssql_install to the desktop.
2. On the desktop, double-click mssql_install.
3.Open the script for creating the database by right-clicking create_databases.bat and clicking Edit.
4. Set the variables by modifying the file, as follows. (Be sure to double check each entry.)
5. Save the file. ;
6. Run the file at the Windows Command Prompt. To do this:
From the Windows task bar, select Start
Right click Command Prompt.
Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
In the Command Prompt window, change the directory as follows:
From this directory, at the command prompt, issue the following command:
7. The following image illustrates the successful creation of the Spotfire database.
Part 2: Install Spotfire Server
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Note : Before continuing, close any files you have open from the previous steps.
- Run the installer by double-clickingAdministrator EssentialsInstallersSpotfire Serversetup-win64.exe.exe. (If you see a standard Windows security warning, accept and continue.)
- Accept the TIBCO SPOTFIRE SERVER License Agreement
- In the next next four steps, accept the following options:
Accept the default to download and install third party components.
Accept Third Party Components License Agreement.
Accept the default (Typical) Install Set.
Accept the default Installation Folder.
4. In the Windows Service panel, accept the default Create Windows Service.
5. In the Spotfire Server Port panel, for the Spotfire Server port, type 9090. This prevents conflicts with IIS, which is already running on port 80.
Click Next, and then click Install.
6. At the Upgrade panel, leave clear the checkbox for Launch the upgrade tool after the installation. If you would like to review the log, select the checkbox Show the Windows Installer log.
Configure TIBCO Spotfire Server
Part 1: Configure Spotfire Server
Creating a default configuration for the Spotfire Server requires the following five steps:
You can perform these five steps individually using the command-line interface, or you can perform them by using sample script provided in your Spotfire installation. In this exercise, we will use the script.
- From Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory C:tibcotss4.5.0tomcatbin.
- In this directory, locate and open in the text editor the file simple-config.txt. This text file contains the script that you will run to configure Spotfire Server.
Related Page: Deploy TIBCO Spotfire Server Distribution
Note: If your organization uses Active Directory, and you need to set up an LDAP configuration, you can start by using the script simple-config-ldap.txt.
3. First, save a copy to edit, named something like simple-config-copy.txt.
4. Set the variables required to configure the server. If you need a reminder, return to Page 4, and review the settings for create_databases.bat.
- We used SQL Server for our database, so comment out the oracle DB Driver (a1), and removethe comment marks for SQL Server. (a2)
- For DB_URL, supply the server, port, and database name that you set in the database creationbatch file. (b)
- Supply the DB_USER and DB_PASSWORD you set in the database creation batch file. (c)
- For the CONFIG_TOOL_PASSWORD, type “spotfiredemo”. (d)
- For ADMIN_USER and ADMIN_PASSWORD, type “sfadmin” (e)
Note: Make sure to retain the straight quotation marks for your entries!
5.Save the file.
6.Run the file at the Windows Command Prompt. To do this:
- From the Windows task bar, select Start
- Right click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, change the directory as follows
- From this directory, at the command prompt, issue the following command:
Config run simple-config-copy.txt
8. To clean up the simple configuration, manually delete configuration.xml.
Note: Be sure you do not delete bootstrap.xml. You need it to run the server!
9. Check to make sure that the service is started.
a. From the Windows task bar, select Start
b. Click Administrative Tools > Services.
c. From the list, locate TIBCO Spotfire Server 4.5. d. If it is not running, click Start.
10. Open a browser, and in the address bar, type the URL for your Spotfire Server:
We have installed and configured TIBCO Spotfire Server. Now we are ready to Deploy The Spotfire Server distribution. We recommend you close all applications in environment before continuing.