This tutorial walks you through installing, configuring, validating, and patching TIBCO Spotfire Server. In later of TIBCO Spotfire Tutorial, you can add the Spotfire Web Player, Spotfire Automation Services, Spotfire Application Data Services, and Spotfire Statistics Services
Install TIBCO Spotfire Server
1. Copy the directory Administrator Essentials Installers Spotfire Server scripts
mssql_install to the desktop.
2. On the desktop, double-click
3.Open the script for creating the database by right-clicking
create_databases.bat and clicking Edit.
4. Set the variables by modifying the file, as follows. (Be sure to double check each entry.)
5. Save the file. ;
6. Run the file at the Windows Command Prompt. To do this:
From the Windows task bar, select Start
Right click Command Prompt.
Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
In the Command Prompt window, change the directory as follows:
From this directory, at the command prompt, issue the following command:
7. The following image illustrates the successful creation of the Spotfire database.
Note : Before continuing, close any files you have open from the previous steps.
Accept the default to download and install third party components.
Accept Third Party Components License Agreement.
Accept the default (Typical) Install Set.
Accept the default Installation Folder.
4. In the Windows Service panel, accept the default Create Windows Service.
5. In the Spotfire Server Port panel, for the Spotfire Server port, type 9090. This prevents conflicts with IIS, which is already running on port 80.
Click Next, and then click Install.
6. At the Upgrade panel, leave clear the checkbox for Launch the upgrade tool after the installation. If you would like to review the log, select the checkbox Show the Windows Installer log.
Creating a default configuration for the Spotfire Server requires the following five steps:
You can perform these five steps individually using the command-line interface, or you can perform them by using sample script provided in your Spotfire installation. In this exercise, we will use the script.
Related Page: Deploy TIBCO Spotfire Server Distribution
Note: If your organization uses Active Directory, and you need to set up an LDAP configuration, you can start by using the script simple-config-ldap.txt.
3. First, save a copy to edit, named something like simple-config-copy.txt.
4. Set the variables required to configure the server. If you need a reminder, return to Page 4, and review the settings for create_databases.bat.
Note: Make sure to retain the straight quotation marks for your entries!
5.Save the file.
6.Run the file at the Windows Command Prompt. To do this:
Config run simple-config-copy.txt
8. To clean up the simple configuration, manually delete configuration.xml.
Note: Be sure you do not delete bootstrap.xml. You need it to run the server!
9. Check to make sure that the service is started.
a. From the Windows task bar, select Start
b. Click Administrative Tools > Services.
c. From the list, locate TIBCO Spotfire Server 4.5. d. If it is not running, click Start.
10. Open a browser, and in the address bar, type the URL for your Spotfire Server:
We have installed and configured TIBCO Spotfire Server. Now we are ready to Deploy The Spotfire Server distribution. We recommend you close all applications in environment before continuing.
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.