Find Out Who’s Talking About ‘IoT Domination in Next Five Years’ And Why You Should Be Concerned
Recommended by 0 users
In a world of exponential technology, things move faster than we imagine.
The so-called hype around the internet of things is definitely getting real by each passing day. Over the next five years, global industry will experience a significant impact from IoT network. It is expected to gain immense traction in the coming generation.
How will IoT be in the Future?
Humans crave connection; that is where the Internet of Things will bring advantages that are useful to the people’s desire. A decade ago, only 4 percent of the world was on the internet. Today, about half of the global population is religiously using Internet – including the health sector, home appliances, security systems, educational devices, and what not! IoT is integrating into every aspect of a common man’s life, and here comes a real opportunity for enterprises to reap these rewards.
A recently conducted Cisco’s annual Visual Networking Index (VNI) report says that IoT will dominate the network connections more than 50% by 2021.
To sum up the report briefly in numbers:
IoT to represent more than half of the 27 billion globally connected devices by 2021.
- Of the 27 billion connected devices, nearly 16 billion will be IoT connected devices.
- The number of IoT connected devices is predicted to grow exponentially at a rate of 23 percent, of which smartphones are set to experience the highest share.
- The biggest drivers for this growth are efforts in connected cars, connected homes, smart workplace and health care.
- Connected homes account for 46% of total M2M connections.
- Connected healthcare to 30%.
- Connected cars somewhere close to 29%.
- Global IP traffic is anticipated to increase 3-fold in the mean time.
- VR/AR traffic is predicted to rise 20-fold.
- In 2016, roughly 5.8 billion devices were IoT connected, which means that the market will see a 2.4x increase to meet the prediction of 13.7 billion devices in the coming five years.
- Faster broadband speeds will make users consume more videos. This will make up to total 82% of the IP traffic by 2021, seeing a rise of 73% from now.
- Live Video, especially will attract massive users experiencing growth 15 times more as compared to present arena. This reaches 13% of the total video traffic by 2021.
- Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) will experience a 20x growth, as the demand for internet continues.
- Additionally, Wi-Fi and global devices make up 73% of traffic.
- As commercial deployment of 5G networks is intensely expanding, this comes with exclusive abilities for IoT, to connect more devices.
However, as the traffic grows, attacks persuade. Network security must be ensured to support the future of the Internet. All the above-mentioned projections, we spoke are not related to a single place, or city, it is a complete global phenomenon.
All the statistics discussed are just touch IP networks and not something connected with Bluetooth or other field communications.
IoT is definitely taking human-to-machine and machine-to-machine interaction to a whole new level, prior to achieving technology solutions at a macro level.