The default icon of a VI contains a number that indicates how many new VIs you have opened since launching LabVIEW. You can create custom icons to replace the default icon by completing the following steps:
1. Right-clicking the icon in the upper-right corner of the front panel or block diagram and select Edit Icon from the shortcut menu to display the Icon Editor dialog box as shown in Figure 3.6.
1. Double-click the hatched box which will select the entire icon. Delete the selected portion.
2. Double-click the rectangular box which will create a border for the icon.
3. Use the line/pencil tool to draw.
4. Double-click the Edit Text tool ‘A’ to edit the required text.
5. Choose the Text Tool Font to edit font, font size, color and alignment of the text.
6. Use the Select Color tool to choose the background color of the icon.
7. Use the Fill With Color tool to change the background color of the icon.
8. Click OK to save the icon.
Using the tools on the icon editor, Figure 3.7 shows the custom Icon created for the slope VI. Use the Edit menu to cut, copy and paste images from and to the icon. When you select a portion of the icon and paste an image, LabVIEW resizes the image to fit into the selection area. You also can drag a graphic from anywhere in the file system and place it in the upper-right corner of the front panel. LabVIEW converts the graphic to a 32×32 pixel icon. Depending on the type of monitor you use, you can design a separate icon for monochrome, 16-color and 256-color mode. Use the Copy from option on the right side of the Icon Editor dialog box to copy from a color icon to a black-and-white icon and vice versa. After you select a Copy from option, click the OK button to complete the change. Figure 3.7 shows the custom icon created for the VI which finds the slope of a line.
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules