Different Types of Reports in SSRS with Example - MSBI
Taking Sub Reports
Sub Report displays the content in the main report or It is the report in the main report.
It can take parameters
Generally sub reports are taken in real time to display particular information for every row (or) set of rows in the main report
Eg:- Display every branch and its report in the main report
- Create a report (report2) and take a parameter to the report
- Take a new column in the main Report and Drag and Drop sub report from tool box to the column and specify the below sub report properties:
Learn how to use MSBI, from beginner basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry experts. Enroll for Free MSBI Training Demo!
Name: Location _ SUB_Reprt
Use this report as sub report : party2
Visibility: Select SHOW
Parameters: Click ADD
Border: Style : Solid
Width : 2pt
Working with Chart Report
To display the data in more analytical way chart reports are useful
These display data in required chart type the chart report contains 3 sections.
a) Data Section → Have actual data presented
b) Category sections → here group wise in-formation displayed
c) Series section → It displays the information related to series of data presented in the report.
Types of Charts:
1) Display locations and their total incomes.
Sol:- Take income on data section and location in the category section
2) Display party code wise income in very location
Sol:- Take income on data section and location in category section & code in series section
Frequently Asked MSBI Interview Questions & Answers
Changing Chart Type:
Chart → rt click → shape → select shape.
Taking Labels on chart:
On the chart → rt click → click show data labels
1) Chart properties
2) Chart Area properties
→ 3D options, visibility, fill, border, shadow
3) Series properties
→ Series Data:
[Sum [Party Income]]
- Visibility, Axes & chart Area, Fill …..etc.Series properties
4) Legend properties
Name: Location –Code
Layout: auto table
→ Visibility, font, fill, Border, shadow ……..etc
Note:- Chart report takes parameters and it supports action implementation.
→ For changing the default dataset values go to series properties and change the value field
This is useful to display cross tab reports. Generally it displays data in the form of matrix like rows against columns. It contains 3 sections.
- Row Section → Row wise information displays.
- Column section → It displays column wise information
- Data section → It many have summarized (or) aggregated (or) Normal data against row and column section. It also supports parameters, actions etc..
→ Take (drag & Drop) Matrix on the layout
→ Take location in the row section, code in column section, Income in data section
LOC*Code Party code
Party Loc [sum[prtyinc]]
→ To change color, font ..etc press F4 (or) go to generic method & change it
- we can add groups in the row wise (or) column wise report → rt click → Insert row
- Matrix report supports tablix properties.
- Taking subtotal with in the matrix report
a) Go to row section → rt click → click insert row → Out side group below
b) Go to column section → rt Click → click insert row → out side group right.
It displays list of contents
- It uses tablix properties
- This is used to display columnar reports (or) table reports
List box properties are rectangle properties
- Drag and drop text boxes and design like below
To change the font, color … etc go to properties (or) press F4
- Take line from tool box of report items and take before (or) after (or) where ever you require in the list report.
- Displaying each row content in separate Go to rectangle properties à Generalà Name : Rectangle 1
- Page break options à select 1st & b2nd options.
Related Page: Different Parts Of Creating Drill Down Reports In SSRS
Rectangle properties:- Change name and page break option
General → Name: [Rectangle 1]
Page break Options:
Add a page break before
Add a page break after
 Omit border o the page break
Newly added in 2008.
→ It displays information like industrial meters, bike speedometers
→ 2 types of guages
- Radial Guage
- Linear Guage
- Take a guage in one of the column in the existing report
- Specify a radial pointer (or) linear pointer as party code
- To change the pointer values (or) work with pointers go to properties
Value: = fields! Party code. Value
Expression: =Fields! Partycode.value
Pointer type: Needle
Tapered with style
Placement and size options:
Placement (relative to scale) distance
- pointer fill
- pointer border.
- cap options
- cap fill
- shadow → click ok
Guage panel properties:
Tool tip: MSBI Guage
Data set Name:
Page break options:
Explore MSBI Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!
List of Related Microsoft Certification Courses:
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.