CREATING a CUBE WITHOUT DATA SOURCES in SSAS
This is possible in ways a) Without Template b) With the template
- On the fly, we need to create measures, measure groups, attributes, and dimensions.
- The on the fly created objects we can store in a database so that we can process data later.
Solution Explorer → cube → new cube → next → o Generate tables in the data source template(None) Next → Add new measures Measure name measure group data type Aggregation Actual cost Text_Fact_new Single Sum Estimated cost Text_Fact_new Single AVG —- —– Next → Select dimensions from template Time———- Run new dimensions Name SCD Attributes Product 1 – – – – – – Location 1 – – – – – – – Next → next → Regular calendar
If you would like to become an SSAS Certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “ SSAS Certification Training Course ".This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Dimension Measure Group1 Time1 Product1 Location1 Next → cube name: CB-Test Generate schema now → Finish → Next → Create a new data source view name: DSV_CB_TEST Data source: CB_TEST_DS [if required click new & specify —–] Next → next → next → finish → close Now (a) The time 1, product 1, location 1, text fact new tables created in a data source (CB-TEST-DS) (b) cube opens in BIDS Deploy cube, process cube by adding data in source tables (timel, product 1—–).
- Here there “templates” and select / Create dimensions, facts on the fly (dynamically).
Cubes → RC new cube → Next → Generate tables in the data source template Select template (Adventure works enter pries edition) Next → Select measures, Measure group (or) Create Measures, Measure group Next → select dimensions (or) Create dimensions Next ———-
- Understanding analysis services documents and business needs.
- Creating calculations, actions, KPIs
- Adding, manipulating measures
- Adding, removing dimensions and relationships
- Processing dimensions and facts
- Working on named queries, calculations
- Writing MDX queries, expressions
- Calculated measures, members etc—-
- Creating partitions (if required)
- Creating data source data source views
- Manipulating structures
- Managing Partitions
- Creating cube (optional)
- Designing a model (star schema, snowflake, etc—) for the project
- Creating cubes, partitions, etc.
- Defining relationships etc.
List of Related Microsoft Certification Courses:
|SCCM||SQL Server DBA|
|Team Foundation Server||BizTalk Server Administrator|