Eg:- VINAY/DWTH ——– user/Group
Tester ——- Role
Functional testing writing test ——- Responsibilities
Eg:- Creating two roles (developer_SSAS, Tester –SSA with different objects and different privilege and observing the result.
1. Solution Explore → Roles → Roles → RC → New Role →
Role name: Developer _Role_SSAS
Role Description: Developers has full privileges
Add → CLICK → Enter the object names to select → VINAY → CHECK NAMES → OK
In ss 2005, even we select full control, we can edit objects and its security. That means the tabs (data sources, cubes ___) enabled for operations.
IN 2008, full control option disables remaining tabs.
2. Role → New Role → General
Role Name: Tester __ Role__ SSAS
Role Description: No privileges to Lester (or)
Process database limited privileges membership
Add → Madhu → check names → Data sources
DS_Text tiles 1 Read
DS_Texttiles 2 None
Textiles –Cube Read Drill through
3. DEPLOY, GO TO CUBE BROWSER, Reconnect
4. Click Change user icon → roles → Developer—role—SSAS & See the result
5. Roles → select → tester_role_SSAS and observe
|SCCM||SQL Server DBA|
|Team Foundation Server||BizTalk Server Administrator|