Named Query & Named Calculation in SSAS
Recommended by 0 users
These queries are helpful to construct a table with customized query. Here advantages are
a) Restriction of rows and columns
b) Multiple columns form multiple tables
- The name of the query result a cls like a tablenc
- This option available in data source view.
Data source: DS_textfiles1 (primary)
Query : SELECT E.EID, E. E NAME, E. DLD,
INNER JOIN DEPT D ON D.DID=D.D
Now connect this resulted table to the cube
- Like named queries, named calculations will also improve performance [be cause both run at source level]
- It is recommended in real time that if we are using a calculated value on permaneul calculations
- Instead of doing calculations at cube level, if the calculations are at source level, always better performance the query gives.
Ex:- Creating Actual cost increment field, by increasing 12% of actual cost
Enroll for Instructor Led Live Online MSBI Training