A business Intelligence applied on a software product for creating data analytics on applications running in an enterprise. They can have the dashboards tailored as per the business challenges. It enables a proper decision making for better business results by covering data and their relationships across various data sources.
1. Access relevant data from different data sources in a single application.
2. Explore the relationships between different data sets prepared department wise, organisation wise and data center wise.
3. Enable decision making by visualizing the data with attractive images, graphs and charts.
4. Interactive and dynamic dashboards which is mobile accessible.
5. Automate and Accelerate your manpower by focusing on aspects of data security, storage management, IT surveillance instead of collecting the data, creating the modules and collaborating.
6. Multiple data models are built easily to transform the data.
7. Data can be transformed through different locations, departments and personals.
8. The In-memory technology of QlikView take scare of maintenance of data relationship automatically..
9. Data is compressed to 10% of the original size, making the data optimization much faster.
10. Multiple edits on a single data will not affect the original data.
11. Every single edit is stored in the history.
Related Page: OLE DB/ ODBC Connection To Data Sources In Qlikview
QlikView BI is a data analytic tool. QlikView BI tool works on Transformational Data Analysis pattern. The Transformational Data Analysis is a way data is analyzed during multiple stages of data transformations and effortlessly perform manipulations on ad hoc data.
|Other BI||QlikView BI|
Does not support Offline
|Works on Offline Mode also|
|Data is stored in Server, Reports does not holds Data||Data is stored in files. So reports holds the data|
|It maintains a central database called server||It maintains column-centric database|
|Data is not stored in RAM, whenever you refresh a Report.||Data from Hard Disk is stored in RAM. So, refreshing the data does not affect reports|
|Other BI tools are used for Performance.||QlikView is mainly used for Optimizing the data|
|Professional required some training on usage and technology.||No training required|
|Do not offer containers||They offer containers|
|Offers Counter- Intuitive UI inherited with SQL.||Offers Customizable UI to create applications.|
Any BI tools basic functionality is to provide data analysis feature, it does not mean that all BI tools work in same pattern. QlikView provides data discovery feature by using logical relationships in data. Tableau has visualization feature on data providing meaningful and attractive insights on data. Spotfire BI offers scientific analysis with predictive models and there are many other tools developed by big software giants that has their own specific and unique features for data analytics.
There are three main types of BI users: regular users who wants to see specialized reports, advanced users who want to analyse the data interactive and research data and finally, management users who wants multiple dashboards to monitor high-level KPIs and take decisions.
Data analysis is a so agile that it is developing in many directions with click through methods and techniques,interactive visualizations, quick processing algorithms, metadata storage and governance, structured and unstructured data processing, etc.
QlikView is one such environment that adopts the agile developments of the without any limits and restriction on storage and data transfers. The decision makers can look into the data in different ways as per their business needs. The tool accumulates the technical resources expertise, thereby reducing cost effectively spend in hiring teams. One such tool that takes care of creating, evaluating and testing the applications automatically. All this unique features allows QlikView an excellent tool as a Service for big enterprises.
The Architecture of QlikView is designed in such a way that the data from different data sources are easily consolidated, searched, and visually analysed to multiple users in an organisation.
There are 3 main components that take care of entire process: QlikView Server, Desktop and Publisher.
1. The QlikView Server has BI reports created by the Business users through an internet. The reports are further created as user documents, which are in the format .qvw.
2. The QlikView desktop loads and transforms the data from its data source and the process is visible in the frontend to the end user.
3. The QlikView publisher distribute the .qvw documents between QlikView servers and users by verifying the user authorization and data access privileges .
Related Page: QlikView Binary Load
QlikView has self-owned BI Tool that have many features used for Data Analytics. The advanced reporting on data retrieved from multiple data sources quickly and accurately is the one of the unique feature of QlikView.
1. It automatically recognizes the relationship between each piece of data so that the users need not configure the logic to create a relationship
2. Data is automatically stored in the memory.
3. Drag and drop GUI enables a super-fast user experience that the use can structure the data and obtain complex calculations to prepare a desired business report .
4. The resulted reports are stored in the memory (RAM) of the server so that the data can recover quickly and is not erased easily.
5. Aggregation functions where pre-calculated values of aggregate need not be stored, are readymade to calculate complex function on the fly
6. By using the data dictionary, the data is compressed making the size of the report very small.
7. Visual relationship between the data is defined by colors making the report very attractive.
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.