Deploy TIBCO Spotfire Server Distribution
Recommended by 0 users
Deploy TIBCO Spotfire Server Distribution
In the last tutorial we have learned about the installation and Configuration of TIBCO Spotfire Server. This tutorial talks about how to Deploy TIBCO Spotfire Server Distribution.
- Open your browser, and in the address box, type http://localhost:9090. Click Open Administration Console.
2. If prompted, for User Name and Password, type sfadmin.
3. In the Administration Console, select the Deployment tab.
4. In the Edit Deployment pane, click Add.
5. In the Add to Deployment dialog, click Browse.
6. Navigate to C:\Administrator Essentials\Installers\Spotfire Deployment Kit\Products\TIBCO Spotfire Distribution. Select Spotfire.Dxp.sdn and click Open.
- Click OK.
8. In the Deployment pane, review the results, and then click Save.
9. In the Save Deployment dialog, click OK.
10. Close your web browser.
Let’s validate all aspects of your TIBCO Spotfire Server installation that we did.
Validate the TIBCO Spotfire Server Installation
Let’s validate all aspects of your TIBCO Spotfire Server installation by completing the following tasks:
- Stage the Demo Data and install the Spotfire Professional client.
- Log in to the Spotfire Professional client.
- Import content to the library.
- Connect to a data source.
- Open content from the library.
- Stream data to Spotfire Professional from TIBCO Spotfire Server.
Part 1: Stage the Demo Data
Copy Administrator Essentials\Installers\Spotfire Server\demodata\mssql\demo.part0.zip to C:\tibco\tss\4.5\tomcat\application-data\library.
Part 2: Install the Spotfire Professional Client
1. Check the version of Spotfire Professional Client you are installing.
You must have Administrator rights to install Microsoft .NET.
If you do not have .NET installed, the Spotfire Professional installer will install it if you accept this option, and if you do not have an existing version of Spotfire on the machine. (To upgrade, you must install .NET separately.)
For the version of the .NET Framework required for your installation, see the Spotfire Server requirements Web page, http://support.spotfire.com/sr.asp
2. Browse to Administrator Essentials\Installers\Spotfire Deployment Kit\Products\TIBCO Spotfire Installer and double-click setup.exe.
3. When prompted for a Server URL, type http://localhost:9090.
4. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Part 3: Import the Demo Data
1. Open the Spotfire Professional client. Select Start > All Programs > TIBCO > TIBCO Spotfire (show login dialog). In the login dialog, for Username and Password, type sfadmin.
- In the Spotfire client, from the menu, click Tools > Library Administration.
- In the Library Administration window, click Import.
4. In the Import dialog, Click Browse.
5. Select demo.part0.zip and click OK.
6. In the Import dialog, click OK.
- In the Select Destination Folder dialog, click OK.
8. If the import is successful, you will see the following log. Click Close to complete the process.
9. You can now close the Library Administration window.
Part 4: Open a Demo Data Analysis File
In Spotfire Professional:
- From the menu, click Tools > Information Designer.
- In the Information Designer dialog, click the Data Sources tab.
- In the Data Sources pane, right-click Demo Data, and from the menu, select Edit
- In the Data Source properties dialog for Demo Data, set the Connection URL as follows:
- Change <host> to localhost (remember to remove the angle brackets).
- Change the port number to 1433.Your Connection URL should now read:
- Change both the Username and Password to spotfire_demodata.
- Save your changes and close the dialog.
- From the main menu, click File > Open From > Library.
- In the Open From Library dialog, browse to Library / Demo / Information Model / Baseball.
- Select Baseball.
- Click Open.
You have now validated the Spotfire Server installation by opening content from the library and streaming data to Spotfire Professional from the Spotfire Server.
In the next lesson, you can install the Web Player. We recommend you close all applications in the Virtual Lab environment before continuing.
Apply Patches to the Spotfire Server:
Apply patches to Spotfire Server and Spotfire Professional.
Note : When you need to apply patches, you will need to browse to the TIBCO Spotfire support web site:
http://support.spotfire.com/downloads.asp and click the appropriate link for product patches.