VMware Installation and Configuration
Recommended by 0 users
VMware is a virtualization program. With this program you can introduce various operating systems basically on our PCs. You can test or test diverse operating systems without transforming anything in our system.
Usually we need to upgrade system to Linux for instance, however we set out not and we don’t know whether we will be equipped for running that OS. VMware-workstation can assist you for this issue since we can attempt the same number of OS’s we need on our machine. VMware-workstation is compatible with all versions of Windows and can be installed on 64-bit systems; there is also a version for Linux.
Once you open the program you will see the screen where we need to acknowledge the legal agreement as appeared in the accompanying figure.
When we acknowledge the license agreement, we demonstrate the primary program window, which indicate us three principle alternatives as appeared in the accompanying image, which are:
New Virtual Machine: This will be the alternative we use in this manual since it is in charge of making virtual machines.
New Team: With this choice we include our virtual private system territory machines.
Open or Existing VM Team: open existing virtual machines.
Create a Virtual Machine:
1. Before installing first we will create a new virtual machine, it will press for the NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE option and then a wizard will open.Press Next to continue.
2. In this step, we need to make our machine with a preset options (Typical) or if rather we who’s set those choices (Custom). The (typical) alternative to be VMware who set the design/configuration and will Press Next to proceed. The following stage is to demonstrate from which medium that will install the operating system.
3. In this stage, the operating system will load in our virtual machine, as I chose Windows Ubuntu, once selected click on Next to continue.
4. Here we choose the virtual machine name and location to save the virtual machine.
Clicking on the NEXT tab that says Browse will open a window that navigates you to the hard disk to find the system folder which will save our virtual machine after selecting/ clicking on Next to continue.
Then we have to select the capacity / disk space of our virtual machine. It shows 2 options are:
- Allocate all disk space now – It allocates all disk space now
- Disk split into 2GB files – Disk will be divided into 2 GB
I’ve left unchecked the option, once done click finish. If everything goes fine, will get a display of a window indicating that the virtual machine was created as shown below.
Install an online System:
This is the main window of VMware Workstation,