Introduction To IBM Maximo
A business includes a wide range of assets, and that is divided into fixed and liquid assets. Managing the assets of an organization are essential for the development of an organization and save a lot of time and money. To handle the asset management task, we do have some popular asset management tools, and IBM Maximo is one of them. Now let's move on to the IBM Maximo Tutorial topic.
What is IBM Maximo?
IBM Maximo is an asset management tool that allows the users to manage the assets from a single system. Using this single system company can have a glance over the full life cycle of their organizational assets, which includes production, communication, infrastructure, transportation, and a lot more.
Maximo is a cloud-based or on-premise technology and can be easily accessed from any device. In this IBM Maximo tutorial, we are going to discuss the major concepts that are associated with Maximo. Without wasting much time, let’s get into the tutorial part.
Are you interested in taking up for Certification Training? Enroll Now for Free Demo on IBM Maximo Training
Documented maintenance plans through knowledge-based solution lead to timely problem identification and resolution
- Increase wrench time through the use of advanced scheduling tools
- Clear tracking of responsibilities and asset maintenance strategy leading to reduced asset downtime
- Decreased capital investment through Improved asset useful life by identification of manufacturer related issues and accurate warranty tracking
- Manage contractors/vendors and service providers increase the quality of services rendered
- Stock management for critical spares, linking to maintenance schedules, leading to reduced carrying costs
- Mobile devices support real-time access to assigned work and asset details for improved resolution times
- Facilities service desk to publish available services and provide increased customer satisfaction
IBM Maximo Tutorial for Beginners
IBM Maximo Asset Management is an enterprise asset management (EAM) software solution product produced by IBM. It is a solution that is used to operate, maintain, and dispose of enterprise assets. It focuses on the following types of assets:
- Plant and production (for example oil, gas, chemicals, mining, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food, electronics, and power generation)
- Infrastructure (including railways, highways, telecommunications, water and wastewater, and electric and gas distribution networks)
- Transportation (for military, airlines, trucking, shipping, rail, and other use)
- Real estate and facilities (for example, in offices, schools, and hospitals)
EAM is globally known to be critical in asset-intensive industries, i.e., utilities, oil & gas, pharma., rail & transit, heavy manufacturing, and facilities including hospitals, campuses, and hotels.
Maximo Asset Management includes six management modules in an enhanced service-oriented architecture.
- Asset management: Achieve the control you need to more efficiently track and manage asset and location data throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Work management: Manage both planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals.
- Service management: Define service offerings, establish service level agreements (SLAs), more proactively monitor service level delivery, and implement escalation procedures.
- Contract management: Gain complete support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, software, master, blanket, and user-defined contracts.
- Inventory management: Know the details of asset-related inventory and its usage including what, when, where, how many, and how valuable.
- Procurement management: Support all the phases of enterprise-wide procurement such as direct purchasing and inventory replenishment.
Maximo and Worklight form a mobile application platform that integrates with the Maximo Asset Management enterprise system. Maximo provides content that is required to build mobile apps for Maximo Asset Management. The Worklight components function as middleware by enabling integration with the enterprise system and by supporting the deployment of apps to mobile users.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
OSLC, which is included in the Maximo Integration Framework, is installed on the Maximo Asset Management administrative workstation as part of the Maximo package.
The following figure shows the system architecture of Maximo and highlights the relationship between key components in Maximo Asset Management and Worklight.
The following required components are deployed in the Maximo Asset Management enterprise environment:
Maximo Integration Framework
The required components package contains this framework that is used by Tivoli®’s process automation engine to enable the integration between Maximo Asset Management and external applications. The required version of the Integration Framework includes the OSLC capabilities and service providers that are used by the Maximo apps to retrieve and process enterprise data.
Maximo Anywhere Enablement
Content that must be deployed to the Maximo Asset Management environment to support the Maximo Anywhere Work Manager apps. The required components package includes OSLC object structures, license enablement, and cron task automation.
The following components are deployed when you implement Maximo Anywhere:
IBM Maximo Anywhere platform
A collection of resources that are required for integration and deployment on the Worklight platform. These resources include a Worklight-compatible project and an OSLC adapter. The OSLCadapter manages communications between Worklight Server and the provider application, Maximo Asset Management. Before runtime, the Maximo Anywhere project WAR, the applications, and the OSLC adapter must be deployed to Worklight Server.
Maximo Anywhere Work Manager mobile apps
The Maximo Anywhere Work Execution app and the Maximo Anywhere Work Approval app must be installed on the same computer as the Maximo Anywhere platform. The mobile apps can be configured, tested, and deployed to an emulator or a mobile device.
IBM Worklight Server for Worklight Consumer Edition
A runtime container for the OSLC adapter and server-based application components. Worklight Server includes an administrative console and an app store for publishing mobile apps within the organization. Worklight Server must be deployed to an application server. In a test environment, the same application server can be used to deploy both Maximo Asset Management and Worklight Server.
IBM Worklight Studio for Worklight Consumer Edition (Optional)
An Eclipse-based integrated development environment that can be deployed with Maximo Anywhere. In the context of Maximo Anywhere, Worklight Studio is used to configure and test the Maximo Anywhere apps, and to manage the build and deployment process.
The following items are not included in the Maximo Anywhere product license. However, you can deploy these items to the Maximo Anywhere environment to extend and complement the capabilities that are available in the product itself.
The map view in the Maximo Anywhere Work Execution app uses positioning data that is provided by Maximo Asset Management. Maximo Asset Management can be configured to obtain this positioning data from ArcGIS, an external geographic information system. To support this configuration, you must be entitled to use the appropriate service from the map service provider, Esri. You can also configure the map view to show a route and directions between work order locations. These options are also dependent on Esri's services.
Explore IBM Maximo Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!
You can deploy IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices with Maximo Anywhere to complement the mobile app management capabilities that Worklight provides. IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices provides mobile device management capabilities, including security management, for your mobile organization.