This tutorial helps you to understand basic concepts of Salesforce. Now Salesforce.com is a number one on demand CRM in the market. It runs on the force.com platform, it reduces development cost and we can deliver application in very short time.
A number of vendors are making claims to offer “cloud” solutions. In most development communities and the enterprise computing space, in general, Salesforce.com, Google and Amazon.com are leading the march towards enterprise adoption of cloud computing services.
The three commonly accepted levels of cloud computing offerings include
1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
2. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
3. Software as a Service (Saas)
- Each has its own unique space, but they sometimes overlap place in the cloud computing space with their own unique features and benefits of the space itself.
- The key characteristic of a cloud computing offering is that, above all it should be a multitenant. The opposite of multitenancy, single tenancy, is how most systems are currently designed today. Each customer gets their own server, database, application layer and user interface to do with what they please. With a multitenant application architecture, there is a single instance of the server, database, application layer and user interface that is shared by all the users but partitioned for each client’s data programmatically. All IaaS, PaaS and SaaS share this same core multitenant trait.
- At the lowest level, IaaS offers a physical or virtualized infrastructure to tenants on a subscription basis, allowing them to pay for what they need in terms of computing power. Instead of purchasing servers, software, and physical location, a tenant of an IaaS offering can pay for these components as per requirement.
- For example, Consider B2C companies who do most of their business during Christmas. Gone are the days when they would have to purchase the servers and software to handle their peak Christmas demand and then let them stand idle when not needed. With leading IaaS vendors like Amazon.com offering “pay per CPU hour” pricing for Linux and Windows platforms, these companies can simply spin up new server instances to handle anticipated demand.
- On the other end of the ladder, SaaS, much like IaaS, offers solutions to the customer on a per-usage model. The major difference is that SaaS offerings completely abstract the physical and application layers from the end user. One of the major benefits of SaaS offerings is that when Salesforce.com releases a new feature, fixes a bug or applies a patch, it is immediately made available to all the customers. One fine morning, customers may log into Salesforce.com and find out that they have bright, shiny new features that dramatically impact their business with no effort or extra money spent to develop them.
- PaaS lies between IaaS and SaaS and abstracts a bit more of the lower level architecture, but still without providing an actual end user product. PaaS typically provide solutions stacks or building blocks that you can use to build your own solutions. Google App Engine is a prime example of a PaaS offering, currently supporting both Java and Python runtime, it allows you to build scalable web applications without the need for complex underlying hardware and software layers. Google abstracts those layers and lets you concentrate fully on business functionality. The Force.com platform is also considered as a PaaS offering, however, it’s positioned a bit higher in the cloud quadrant than App Engine for a number of reasons. Like some other platform vendors, Force.com encapsulates the runtime environment using its own proprietary language. Apex, the language for Force.com development, looks and feels like Java in many ways, but it doesn’t support the full implementations of any JRE.
- Building solutions on a PaaS platform is quick and somewhat easy but does come with its own set of challenges. With PaaS offerings like force.com and App Engine, a governor process, application limits or application quotas restricts you. PaaS governors and limits protect the shared layers of the multitenant platform from being monopolized by one heavy application or runaway code. Application quotas define the daily-allotted amount of computing power, space, or bandwidth thereby allowing any one application to utilize. This becomes a challenge as developers must develop solutions to operate both efficiently and within an application and/or platform restrictions. All the above said things about Cloud Computing will be discussed in salesforce training classes.
Salesforce began with the vision of reinventing Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Salesforce Inc. is a global cloud computing company headquartered in San Francisco,California.
>> Salesforce As Social -The Salesforce Platform brings together Salesforce.com, Force.com, Heroku, and ExactTarget into one family of cloud services.
>> Salesforce Cloud Services -The Salesforce Platform brings together Salesforce.com, Force.com, Heroku, and ExactTarget into one family of cloud services.
>> Salesforce Ideas -Salesforce Ideas is a suggestion management system, based on Dell IdeaStorm, that enables registered users to add, promote, demote and comment on ideas. Each idea is represented as an article, and such articles are updated by Salesforce to indicate when an idea is implemented. Learn much more in our SalesForce online trainings.
>> Salesforce AppExchange -Salesforce AppExchange is an online application marketplace for third-party applications that run on the Force.com platform.
>> Salesforce CRM -Salesforce users can configure their CRM application. In the system, there are tabs such as “Contacts,” “Reports,” and “Accounts.” Each tab contains associated information. Configuration can be done on each tab by adding user-defined custom fields
>> Salesforce Integration With Other Systems
>> Sales Performance Accelerator -Salesforce.com launched a new product called Sales Performance Accelerator. It combines the CRM with the Work.com performance management application as well as customer lead information from Data.com
Salesforce CRM is a set of business processes and integrated applications that help companies to manage customer information, activities, and conversations in one centralized location. By combining business processes, people, and technology, companies can drive sales and keep customers satisfied after the sale. Salesforce Architecture sites, portals communities native HTML5 chatter APIs / Integration sales cloud social custom apps customer service cloud profile.
Salesforce.com is a living platform that grows and innovates in parallel to your business. Flexible and dynamic, you build it once; deploy it often – and for years to come across Sales, Service, and Marketing.
Salesforce.com separates its offering into the four following “clouds”. The features and services that make up these clouds typically overlap, but provide specific functionality.
>> Sales Cloud - Sales force automation is the most popular of the sales tools, allowing companies to speed up the sales process and streamline lead to cash. The sales cloud consists of the following: 1. Accounts and Contacts 2. Marketing and Leads 3. Opportunities and Quotes 4. Approvals and Workflow 5. Email and Productivity 6. Content library 7. Analytics and Forecasting 8. Chatter 9. Partners 10. Mobile 11. Jigsaw Data Services 12. AppExchange
>> Service Cloud -Service and support, the service, are the premium customer service platform for providing faster, more personalized service delivered via virtual conceivable channel, whether it is a phone, email, instant messaging, Twitter, Facebook or other social platforms. The service cloud consists of the following: Case Management, Call Center, Contracts and Entitlements, Customer Portal, Knowledge, Analytics, Chatter, Email, Partners, Approvals and workflow, AppExchange,
>> Collaboration Cloud -Salesforce.com’s latest release is the collaboration cloud with chatter. With chatter, users can collaborate more effectively by following people, documents and data that is important to them with real-time update feeds. Users can set up groups and profiles to promote collaboration across multiple business applications while making sure people see only information that they have access to based on the Org-wide security and sharing model.
>> Force.Com Customcloud -The force.com custom cloud is a radical shift for salesforce.com. No longer can Salesforce.com be marginalized as “just a CRM”. You can build virtually any application with this PaaS service. Why would you want to build your next application on the force.com platform? Enterprise application development with traditional software has become too complex, too slow, and too expensive. Building application on the force.com platform is faster, less expensive, and produces higher quality applications than building on traditional on-premise platforms. Industry analysts state that building applications on the Force.com platform is 5X times faster at ½ the cost because of cloud computing: 1. Delivers faster time to value 2. Requires no up-front capital expenses 3. Minimizes operational costs 4. Requires fewer technical resources 5. Simplifies integration
Administration of salesforce solutions will be a part of salesforce admin training.
1.Apex is a proprietary programming language provided by the Force.com platform to develop similar to Java.
2.Due to the multitenant nature of the platform, the language strictly imposed governor limitations to guard against any code monopolizing shared resources.
3.Salesforce has provided a series of asynchronous processing methods for Apex to allow developers to produce a longer running and more complex apex code.
4.Visualforce is the view control technology on the Force.com platform. It is an open/close tag based library with structure and markup being very similar to HTML.
5.One of the key benefits of Visualforce is tight coupling to native features of the platform, such as controller methods and data access, that would not typically be available to other front end technologies.
6.Salesforce revealed a new tool known as the Salesforce Lightning App Builder for rapid application development of responsive web interfaces.
Mindmajix offers different Salesforce certification training according to your desire with hands-on experience on Salesforce concepts
|Salesforce Administration Training||Salesforce Lightning Training|
|Salesforce Advanced Developer Training||Salesforce Developer Training|
|Salesforce IoT Training||Salesforce App Builder Certification Training|
|Salesforce AppExchange Training||Salesforce Service Cloud Training|
|and many more..|
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules