In this era of technology, customer experience is becoming the deciding factor for any business. The term “experience” not only consists of customer service but also a full customer lifecycle with that brand.
We have two cloud customer service engines available in the market to cater to these needs: Salesforce and ServiceNow. They both provide various levels of services – some are similar and some are different.
Let us walk you through both softwares separately and then, we will be comparing them to see which outshines the other one. In this article, we have enlightened the essential aspects of Salesforce vs ServiceNow which will help you understand both Salesforce and ServiceNow.
Salesforce vs Servicenow - Learn the Major Differences
The following topics will be covered in this Salesforce vs ServiceNow:
So let us get started with this Servicenow vs Salesforce article,
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a cloud-based CRM app. CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. Its job is managing and handling all the aspects of the relationship between an enterprise and its own customers, for instance, customer contact details, customer deals, customers’ support requests, etc.
Moreover, Salesforce also handles the storage of people’s details and details about the seller organization. This makes the day to day activities much easier for customer-related businesses. It also helps to enhance the relationship with a customer, which in turn is good for the organization’s growth.
[Related Article - Salesforce Tutorial for Beginners]
It supports 4 platforms - web-based, iPhone, Android, and Windows. Due to his multi-platform support, it is used by any enterprise, irrespective of its size. From a call centre to a tech giant like Google, all are using Salesforce products to enhance their customer experience.
Now, let us explore Salesforce services which make it a great choice for CRM software. Below are the types of services Salesforce offers to an enterprise.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
[Related Article: Real-Time Trigger Scenarios in salesforce]
Salesforce Sales Services enables your company’s sales teams to close deals and handle them like never before.
It increases productivity and the pipeline will be filled with solid leads. This all will result in more wins without any software, hardware, or speed limits.
- Sales Cloud – helps to manage contacts and trace the opportunities from any mode of a device, be it desktop or mobile, at any time.
- Salesforce CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) – Salesforce CPQ automates quoting, billing, contracting, and ordering process. Through CPQ, you can build accurate and easy quotes,
- faster and cleaner proposals.
You can enhance your customer support from the self-service portal to a customer help desk portal by using Salesforce Service Solutions.
- Service Cloud – It’s a service platform for customer service and support team. It enables you to provide faster and smarter support to your customers.
- Field Service Lightning – It delivers faster, productive, and intelligent onsite support by connecting the entire workforce.
- Marketing Cloud – The marketing cloud makes the most use of every customer interaction through personalized and cross-channel customer journeys. This makes the customer experiences exceptionally across web, mobile, email, social, and advertising.
- Salesforce DMP – Salesforce Data Management Platform (DMP) stores and activates your data to provide valuable customer experience and to construct healthy consumer relationships across every touchpoint.
- Pardot – It is a market automation feature that supports email marketing, lead scoring, nurturing, and more.
[Related Page: What is Cloud Computing]
- Commerce Cloud Digital – It engages shoppers with personalized, innovative, and AI-powered commerce solutions for marketing, promotions, merchandising across the web, mobile, social, and more.
- Commerce Cloud Order Management – Through real-time inventory visibility, allocation logic, and order lifecycle management across all channels, it gives a “buy, service, and fulfill anywhere” type of experience to customers.
It allows users to generate documents, checklists, and spreadsheets which you can share with your whole team through Quip, and they can edit those documents as well. 6. Platform
- Salesforce Platform - Salesforce Platform is the one-stop solution for constructing, managing, running and optimizing apps by using the same technology. This is a major factor in the success of Salesforce.
- Lightning – Lightning helps you to build social and mobile apps using either click or code.
- Heroku Enterprise – Heroku is an open-source language cloud application that is integrated with Salesforce data. It supports various languages like Ruby, Python, Java, Scala, Node.js, and more.
- Sales Analytics – Sales Analytics in Salesforce has the ability to gain pipeline visibility quickly which uncovers opportunities to grow the enterprise. It uses Einstein Discovery to discover hidden insights and get a smart recommendation which makes selling faster and smarter.
- Service Analytics – It gains deep insights from the team’s performances and these insights can then be converted into actions to enhance the customer experience.
These are only a few handpicked products described above. But the list is long. These services altogether make Salesforce one of the top CRM platforms across the world.
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is an IT Service Management tool that consolidates fragmented tools and legacy systems and automates the service management process.
ServiceNow creates a better experience for employees, users, and customers by providing different services for IT, HR, customer service, security, software development, and more. It follows the term “easy configuration, fast deployment”.
It can easily integrate with other tools.
ServiceNow automates all enterprise IT operations by creating a single system of record for all IT processes within an organization. This system consolidates IT strategy, design, transition, and operation on a powerfully simple cloud platform.
Let us explore what types of solutions are offered by ServiceNow for an enterprise.
[Related Article: Difference between ITSM vs ITIL]
1. IT Service Management
IT Service Management solutions are simple to configure and fast to deploy. They are also scalable with business needs. Solutions of ITSM are:
- Problem Management
- Change and Release Management
- Incident Management
- Performance Analytics
- Asset and Cost Management
- Survey and Assessment
- Configuration Management
- Agent Intelligence
- Reports and Dashboards
- Request Management (includes portal and catalog)
- Knowledge Management
- Service Level Management
2. IT Operations Management
ITOM solutions convert IT operations from a reactive response to a proactive partner in a business. It uncovers the visibility into end-end business services by understanding the relationship with the underlying IT resources.
It automates IT process and remediation actions which in turn increases agility. It keeps services healthy and engages in a multi-cloud strategy by providing enterprise-ready self-service capabilities to cloud users. Available solutions are:
- Event Management
- Cloud Management
- Service Mapping
- Operational Intelligence.
[Related Article: Salesforce Interview Questions & Answers]
3. IT Business Management
ITBM solutions provide visibility into project and application portfolios. They get financial insight thus help to decide where to invest to best support organizational goals. Available solutions are:
- Demand Management
- Financial Planning
- Application Portfolio Management
- Financial Charging
- Test Management
- Financial Modeling
- Agile Development
- Project Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
ServiceNow Security solutions are built on intelligent workflows. A security orchestration, automation, and response engine connect your security solutions to prioritize the incidents according to their potential impact. They are built on intelligent workflows. Available solutions are:
- Security Incident Response
- Performance Analytics for Security Operations
- Vulnerability Response
- Trusted Security Circles
- Configuration Compliance
- Security Orchestrations
- Security Event Management
- Threat Intelligence
[Related Page: Field-level security salesforce]
5. Customer Service
ServiceNow enables customer service to connect with other departments and to identify and resolve issues faster. It reduces costs and increases customer satisfaction. Available solutions are:
- Field Service Management
- Intelligent Routing
- Connection with Other Groups
- Case Management
- Issue Resolution
- Agent Intelligence
- Performance Analytics
- Visual Workflow and Automation
- Omni Channel
- Voice of the Customer
6. HR Service Delivery
ServiceNow has created an integrated space of applications to provide a consumer-like service experience. Employees can go to a single place for all types of services, whether it is simple information or any complex process like onboarding. Available solutions are:
- Employee Service Center
- Case and Knowledge Management
- Enterprise Onboarding and Transitions.
ServiceNow provides a single platform for automating all the business processes. The Now Platform supports all ServiceNow solutions using a single data model.
It is easy to use deployment environment. Business users can build low code solutions in it whereas developers can use its new and innovative rapid development capabilities to build apps on the Now platform.
[Related Page: Deploy process builder]
8. Application Deployment
All ServiceNow applications are built on the Now Platform. With the Now Platform, developers of all levels can significantly increase their productivity by reducing time-to-market and delivery.
9. Nonstop Cloud
ServiceNow cloud is a multi-instance infrastructure cloud that gives unique application design and database to each customer.
This segregates the data of one customer from other customer instances. All instances are always on. They are never offline or taken down for any XYZ reason. It is highly secure and scalable.
These are some of the many important solutions offered by ServiceNow.
Now let us compare these both and check which software outshines the other.
[Related Article: Servicenow Interview Questions]
Salesforce vs ServiceNow: What is the Difference?
|Software type||Standalone, Cloud, SaaS||Standalone, Cloud, SaaS|
|Available Languages||English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish||English, German, Japanese, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese|
|Pricing||Starting from $25.00/month
||Starting from $100.00/month
|Prominent Clients||Stanley Black & Decker, Sprouts, Coca-Cola, Activision, Spotify, Aldo||Flextronics, Informa PLC, Al Jazeera|
The choice between Salesforce vs ServiceNow is totally dependent on your business needs. They both are excellent in their support and services, but they are not the same.
They are the solutions fitted for different types of customers.
So, we would suggest you choose Salesforce or ServiceNow according to your business needs and situation.