According to force.com, An overview of salesforce development environment or organization is the work area for a specific login. In general explanation - If you sign up for a Gmail account, you will have a unique username and password. In the same way, if you subscribe to force.com cloud computing, you will be provided with a unique username and password to work in your specified cloud computing area or the environment or Org.
Salesforce Environment Types
Below mentioned are few basic features every user has by default:
- The environment specified for you can be used to develop, test, and can be used for production also.
- The environment is customized according to our requirement, i.e. (Apex code, Workflow, Custom DB Attributes & Objects).
- The environment has some basic features. Advanced features for the environment are not by default such as multi-currency / Dev preview tech.
- It is easy to access the environment or org or area in the web browser.
- Few of the environments can be accessed through Metadata API, SOAP API, and Force IDE’s.
We have different types of environments. They are broadly classified into three categories and they are:
- Production Environment.
- Testing Environment.
- Development Environment.
After Getting Salesforce Environment:
Perform the initial check-in Salesforce Environment:
- Check the count of user licenses (Number of users).
- Check the count of the sandbox(daily working area).
Let us discuss in detail:
- How to login to Salesforce Environment.
- Salesforce Org Overview - (logo, search, switch to Salesforce lightning, help, etc) in detail.
- How to check for user license in Salesforce Work Area.
- How to check for Sandbox in Salesforce Work Area.
Log in to Salesforce Environment with provided credentials.
Let us have a look at the home page and Salesforce Work-area.
To the top left corner, you can see the “logo” which, is used for branding purposes. Let me explain it, if your customer is naukri.com you can upload the logo of naukri.com.
Next, to the “Logo“, you can see the “Global Search” bar for search purposes which gives the total information related to reports(which is used already with the projects).
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Next, to the “Global Search” you can see “Switch To Lightning Experience” If you click on this you will change the view from “Salesforce Classic View to Salesforce Lightning View”.
Next to the “Switch To Lightning Experience” you can see the “User Profile”. In this, you can customize your email notification, time-zone, language etc.
Next to the “User Profile”, you can see the “Setup”. In this you can perform ‘n’ number of activities, depending on your profile as Salesforce developer, Salesforce admin, Senior admin, Senior developer. It is the importance of all, say for example in your entire tenure in salesforce 80% of the time you will be spending on these and the remaining 20% in remaining works related to Salesforce.
Next, to the “Setup”, you can see “Help & Training”, It is used to find the required help docs and support to resolve if any issue occurs.
How to check for user license in Salesforce Work Area:
Steps To Follow: Open the SF screen→ Click On “Setup”→ Scroll down→ To the Bottom Left corner you can find “Monitor”→ (under that)” System Overview”→ Click on it.
The screen will be displayed as shown below.
Look at the data storage section highlighted. It is the storage assigned to this particular user.
Look at the highlighted area, and this specifies that all the user license
If you want to check for all the user licenses, then click on “Show All”→ In the figure as shown below.
The list of all user licenses will be displayed as shown in the below figure.
How to check for Sandboxes in Salesforce Work Area:
Steps To Follow: Open the Salesforce screen→ Click On “Setup”→ Scroll down→ To the Bottom Left corner you can find “Deploy”→ (under that)” Sandboxes”→ Click on it.
The below figure describes the available sandboxes for this specific user.
In the next topics, we will discuss in detail, The Salesforce App Development. Keep following us for more info on salesforce administration.
Mindmajix offers different Salesforce certification training according to your desire with hands-on experience on Salesforce concepts