Field dependencies are filters that allow us to change the contents of a pick list based on the value of another field.
For e.g.: rather than displaying every value for a country in a single pick list, we can limit the values that are displayed based on the value of another field like state. In this way users can find the appropriate country more quickly and easily.
A pick list field can be either controlling or dependent fields.
1) Controlling fields: controls the available values in one or more corresponding dependent field.
2) Dependent fields: displays values based on the value selected in its corresponding controlling field. In above e.g., the country is controlling field and state is dependent field.
Controlling field is a pick list or check box
Dependent field is a pick list
Include Values Exclude values
Click buttons to include or exclude selected values from the dependent pick list.
1. Auto Number: A system-dependence sequence number that uses a display format. When you define the number, it is automatically incremented for each new record.
2. Formula: A read-only field that derives its value perform a formula expression you define the formula field is updated when any of the source fields change. Formulas let you create custom summaries based on calculated values using report data. These formulas can then be used as columns in your report.
3. Roll-Up Summary: A read-only field that displays the sum, minimum, or maximum value of a field in a related list or the record count of all records listed in a related list.
4. Look Relationship: Creates a relationship that links this object to another object. The field relationship allows users to click on a lookup icon to select a value from a popup list. The other object is the source of the values in the list.
5. Master Details Relationship: Creates a specific type of the parent child relationship between this object (the child, or “detail”) and another object (the parent or “master”) where:
The relationship fields allows users to click on a lookup icon to select a value from a popup list, the master objects is the source of the values in the list.
6. Check Box: Allow users to select a true (checked) or false (unchecked) value.
7. Currency: Allow users to enter a dollar or other currency amount and automatically formats the field as a currency amount. This can be useful if you export data to excel or another spreadsheet.
8. Date: Allow users to enter a date or pick a date from a popup calendar.
9. Date / Time: Allow users to enter a date and time or pick a date from popup calendar when users click a date in the popup, that date and current time are entered into the date/time field.
10. Email: Allow users to enter an email address, which is validated to ensure the proper format, if this field is specified for a contact or lead, users can choose the address when clicking send on email note, that custom email address cannot be used for mass emails.
11. Number: Allow users to enter any number. Leading zeros are removed.
12. Percent: Allow users to enter a percentage number, for example, 10 and automatically adds the percent sign to the number.
13. Phone: Allow users to enter any phone number automatically and format it is as a phone number.
14. Pick List: Allows users to select a value from a list, you define.
15. Pick List (Multi Select): Allows users to select multiple values from a list, you define.
16. Text: Allow users to enter any combination of letters and numbers.
17. Text Area: Allow users to enter up to 255 characters on separate lines.
18. Text Area (Long): Allow users to enter up to 32,768 characters on separate lines.
19. Text Area (Rich): Allow users to enter formatted text, and images and links up to 32,768 characters on separate lines.
20. Text (Encrypted): Allow users to enter any combination of letters and numbers and store them in encrypted from.
21. Url: Allow users to enter any valid website address. When users click on the field, the URL will open in a separate browser windows.
Mindmajix offers different Salesforce certification training according to your desire with hands-on experience on Salesforce concepts
|Salesforce Administration Training||Salesforce Lightning Training|
|Salesforce Advanced Developer Training||Salesforce Developer Training|
|Salesforce IoT Training||Salesforce App Builder Certification Training|
|Salesforce AppExchange Training||Salesforce Service Cloud Training|
|and many more..|
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
|Salesforce Training||May 23 to Jun 07|
|Salesforce Training||May 28 to Jun 12|
|Salesforce Training||May 30 to Jun 14|
|Salesforce Training||Jun 04 to Jun 19|
Arogyalokesh is a Technical Content Writer and manages content creation on various IT platforms at Mindmajix. He is dedicated to creating useful and engaging content on Salesforce, Blockchain, Docker, SQL Server, Tangle, Jira, and few other technologies. Get in touch with him on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 - 2022 MindMajix Technologies