We see the business spread over several verticals in our current day, using various channels to get the data from organizations. Pega has paved the way for leading case management for encompassing all the business use cases.
Pega partnered with several companies such as Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Infosys, TCS, etc. We can see that there is a tremendous demand for Pega developers. So, I came up with this tutorial that includes exciting details of Pega.
Pega Tutorial Table Of Content
- What is Pega?
- Why Pega?
- Pega Architecture
- Pega PRPC
- Uses of Pega PRPC
- Advantages of Pega BPM
- Disadvantages of using Pega
- Pega developer skills and responsibilities
- Scope of Pega technology
What is Pega?
PEGA is a popular Business Process Management (BPM) tool created by Java concepts that allow users to execute changes faster than the Java-based applications. The primary use of PEGA is to reduce costs and improve business reasons. PEGA is created in Java and uses OOP and Java ideas.
According to Gartner recognition, Pega is named a Leader in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center and named as a Leader in the 2016 Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites.
Pega is one of the excellent BPM tools that provides process automation and helps the organization to accomplish profitability and potency. It offers a Designer Studio that works as an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to develop applications. Designer Studio is a web-based that helps developers to design and collaborate applications.
Pega Business Process Management (BPM) technology helps you to build business applications that deliver the outcomes and end-to-end customer experience as per the customer demands. It provides steady functions, and versatile help, and adaptabilities.
Pega Customer Relationship Management (CRM) helps you accelerate handling times, reduce errors, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. It automates contact centre solutions and service processes that reduce the manual work.
Pega Robotic Process Automation (RPA) that implements automation and delivers outcomes much faster. It enables employees to deliver customer outcomes faster and with great accuracy. Pega Robotic Studio helps to accelerate manual assignments through robotizing events.
The following are the reasons to use Pega.
- Pega has a unified Visual Designer Studio for designing capabilities without coding.
- Pega BPM is portable across the enterprise and can be used in managed cloud and private cloud to build abilities required for the application.
- It eliminates coding and automates the process of building complex systems at the enterprise level.
- Pega is designed to reduce the time of changes in the software.
- Pega product is built on Java and provides Java code that is executed at runtime.
Related Article: Pega Technical Interview questions
Pegasystems provides a unified architecture that stores all the requirements, policies, process artifacts, and user interface in a single place. Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) is a Development platform that includes Java-based architecture used to build extendable and scalable applications. The following are the core services provided by Pega systems.
Case Management Services: The case is used to define a set of structured and unstructured techniques. For example, when we want to open a bank account, a case will generate and process several functions such as documents, validation of back-end operations like credit checks, Legal checks, KYC, etc. When all the procedures get cleared, then the case gets disclosed.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Business Rule Services: PegaRules is the Business Rule Engine (BRE) that allows users to create specialized rules for process integration, execution, and monitoring. It allows users to create an application where the User Interface is built on several technologies, but PegaRules write the logic.
Business Process Management Services: Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) can be used for process modeling, process simulation, manage SLAs, executing workflows and policies, etc.
Management Services: These services are related to Business Process Analysis (BPA) and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM).
Object Persistence Services: Object Persistence services hold the persistence of data by serialization.
Presentation Services: These services can display User Interface on the browser, send PDF, email, connects with an existing client’s intranet gateway as a device.
Pega can connect with any external authentication and authorization that PRPC triggers processes by schedule events, declarative events, external events, supports automated unit testing.
Pegasystems Inc developed, created, and marketed a licensed product called Pega PRPC. The full form of PRPC is Pega Rules Process Commander. It is a core element of Pega systems, which is entirely a model-driven software. PRPC facilitates the growth of strong and scalable applications that do not require any code such as Java, CSS, HTML, SQL, etc.
Pega PRPC consists of two entities that are as follows:
- Pega Rules: The Rules include the core Object-oriented or Java-based Rule Engine.
- Process Commander: Process Commander is the layers of pre-determined tenets that provide a development on which to perform customization and advancement.
Combining both entities, PRPC delivers from easy to complex business tasks.
Uses of PRPC
PRPC allows businesses to change all the distinct, complicated, and different business practices into a single platform. It provides a way of documenting, streamlining, and automating the business techniques to combine the multi-stream processing into one system.
The following are the uses of PRPC:
- PRPC offers an ability to computerize, record, and streamline the business forms.
- It combines the multi-stream forms into one framework.
- It empowers the business opportunity to migrate all the distinct, diverse, and multiple business techniques and rules into one platform.
- It progresses data over frameworks and has that data is resolved, separated, and converted.
- It aims is to reduce the cost required during any change in the system.
- It can automate, streamline, and document the business processes.
Pega BPM is a technique to achieve workflows and methods of an organization. BPM aims to enhance the production and ability in day-to-day business operations. According to Gartner, An administration method executes the organization process environment to develop service performance.
BPM is a structural approach to defining policies, metrics, methods, and software tools to continuously manage and optimize organization processes and activities.
Advantages of Pega BPM
The following are the advantages of Pega BPM:
- Pega BPM adapts to change business applications quickly.
- It reduces duplications, errors, and business risks.
- It offers more security.
- Pega BPM is a faster, better, and cost-effective tool.
- It reduces overall IT costs and enhances productivity.
- It processes critical business tasks with quality.
Disadvantages of using Pega
Pega's basic disadvantages are that it could not work for small scale companies because of development, maintenance cost, and license. Pega software is an expensive tool as it provides all solutions in one single platform.
Pega developer skills and responsibilities
A Pega developer must be able to generate several methodologies that help to create and design applications. The following are the skills required for a Pega developer to work like a professional.
- Able to develop various enterprise-level applications.
- Keen knowledge of SQL, SOAP, etc. as an added advantage is required.
- Able to write code using programming languages such as CSS, JS, HTML, Angular, Java, Jquery, etc.
- He must be a graduate in Computer Science.
- Understand the concept of PRPC.
- A developer should have a keen knowledge of JAVA and OOPS concepts.
- Must have expert knowledge of Scrum and Agile techniques.
- Knowledge of tools such as Excel, Visio, etc. is required.
The primary responsibilities of the Pega developer are as follows.
Developers should be able to integrate various processes such as web services, databases, etc.
He/she should be responsible for designing and developing BPM applications in Pega.
He/she must resolve application problems such as bugs, malware, etc. entering into the system.
A developer is responsible for developing solution architecture in the Pega PRPC environment.
Scope of Pega technology
Pega has a unique rule of Design Once, Deploy Anywhere. Once the design is completed, a developer can implement several devices such as tablets, mobiles, desktops, etc. It helps to make a shortcode and reduces the time of generating long codes.
With Pega's help, developers can easily build an application along with workflows deployed as a developing UI, web services, CRM solutions, etc.
This technology offers easy-to-use tools having agile methodology and allows us to work closely with several business analysts. Because of its reusability, it has more accurate and reliable.
The future of Pega developers is wide and has more number of job opportunities in the current situation. A skilled developer has a great demand over the globe. Pega is required for every business need to maintain a business process management tool that helps developers.
Apart from these benefits, a developer can earn a high income on an average of $80,000 as predicted online data. A beginner Pega developer can earn around $50,000. A senior Pega developer can earn much more.
On winding up, Pega has been a great tool in today’s software ecosystem. Pega RPA version will pave the way for emerging technology in the process of automation. It is based on Software Robots or AI, which is an excellent fit in today’s organizations.
I hope this tutorial has made you understand the concept of Pega and its tool. To get practical knowledge of Pega, go through our online Pega Training that helps you gain knowledge from experts, and enhance existing skills that add value to your career.
Related Blog: Pega Online Certification