Salesforce limits exposure of data to the users that act on it. It implements security controls that you think are appropriate for the sensitivity of your data. Your data is protected from unauthorized access that may happen from outside your company. Also safeguards it from inappropriate usage by your users.
Difference between security and protection :
- Security means an environment which is open to all
- Protection means a restricted environment
- SFDC works in multi – tenant architecture
- All responsibilities are provided by the system administrator
- The administrator has to provide the required level of security
→ The various levels of security are
- Application level
- Object / tab
- Field level
- Record level
All these above levels of securities are provided through “profile”
Which is narrow that security will be working
Means which is giving tight security
→ There are multiple means of providing the security for eg., a field level security can be achieved through profiles and page layouts.
→ Whichever provides tighter security, those settings will override the other.
→ For every organization a basic level of security is predetermined and is specified through “organization wide defaults” (owd)
→ Owd security settings
- There are various ways to override these settings, the most popular mechanism is “sharing rules”
- By using sharing rules we can specify which records can be accessed by which user and in which mode.
- A collection of users is known as “group”.
- A single group may custom multiple users as well as other groups.
- The sharing rule provides secure access to the group.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
→ Here are four permissions for sharing rules
1. Private: Only the owner of the record can access it.
2. Public read: Other members in the group can only read the data
3. Public read/ write: Other members can read and edit the data
4. Public read/ write & transfer: All users can view, edit, transfer, and report on all records. Only available for cases or leads. Means we can transfer permissions. Transfer means changing the ownership, through which further permissions can be generated for that user
→ We can override OWD with sharing rules
→ Own user can exist in one profile
→ One role can be accessed to only one user
→ IP address range ↓
We will restrict
→ Fiscal year → years financial year
Starting month & ending month, will form a year
The Translation Workbench lets you specify languages you want to translate, assign translators to languages, create translations for customizations you’ve made to your Salesforce organization, and override labels and translations from managed packages. Everything from custom picklist values for custom fields can be translated so that your global users can use all of Salesforce in their language.
- We can convert the app to any other languages.
- The app can be developed in one language and can be converted into another language
Various definitions of customization :
- Any feature or functions which are not available as a part of the application and the application need to extend refers to customization.
- Despite of configuring the things, there are few actions which are not achievable, thus it results in adding some custom code, which results in Customization.
- Adding triggers on the object to perform some action is called also termed as customization.
- Adding Apex Code, which will generate a vCard from a given Contact is called Customization.
It is used for :
- To map end user requirements
- SFDC provides the CRM, details that it has to customize
- Multi talent architecture is for system architecture
- Model view collector (mvc) is a development architecture
→ Sales force development architecture is designed by MVC
MVC → design pattern ↓
A view is a set of search conditions that display items that match the search conditions. By default, Salesforce.com includes a number of views for each category of items.
Every time we will get a different page view when we click on the pages.
For every click, the page will give us different page views.
A Visualforce controller is a set of instructions that specify what happens when a user interacts with the components specified in associated Visualforce markup, such as when a user clicks a button or link. Controllers also provide access to the data that should be displayed in a page, and can modify component behavior.
The Force.com platform provides a number of standard controllers that contain the same functionality and logic that are used for standard Salesforce pages as they include the same logic that is used for a standard page.
A standard controller exists for every Salesforce object that is queried using the Force.com API.
To control every event performed on the pages :
When we click on the page every (app, obj, field, tab) other action is going to perform
→ Buttons, tabs, links are controllers
→ Control fetches records from the DB and give it to view
Model : – movie length
View : – what ever we have viewd in the movie
Control: – knob, pause, rewind, forward, stop, play
→ Sales force has a force.com (PAAS) ↓
Provides an environment for us to develop our own requirements
(Apps, objects, fields, tabs)
→ PASS provides an API
API:– Salesforce provides programmatic access to your organization’s information using simple, powerful, and secure application programming interfaces.
The application program interface is nothing but a library.
Mindmajix offers different Salesforce certification training according to your desire with hands-on experience on Salesforce concepts