If you're looking for Apigee Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Apigee has a market share of about 1.6%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in Apigee Engineering. Mindmajix offers Advanced Apigee Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as Apigee Engineer.
Q: What Baas stands for?
Baas stands for Backend-as-a-Service.
Q: What is the use of API Baas?
With the use of API Baas, a company or an organization can actually set up a cloud-based data platform in no time. Also, provides a platform where there is no need for server-side coding or any sort of back-end development needed. It actually helps the teams to focus on the productivity and also help them to visualize and build awesome features which aid in user experience and ultimately helps the organizations to build good products and services.
API Baas is one of the components of APigee Edge platform.
Q: Is API Baas platforms are flexible enough to store data?
Yes, API Baas platform is actually very flexible platform and it has a capability to store any type of data within the storage space. As this being simple, it helps the users to build simple queries to complex queries to pull a specific set of data if needed.
Q: Is API Baas has flexible data querying option?
Yes, API Baas has a flexible platform where the data queries can be executed the same manner as we do it in SQL style queries. With this, the user will be able to build or will be able to perform text-based searches in depth and the data can be retrieved as per the exact requirement. It is also helpful where the data can be retrieved based on multiple selection criteria.
Q: Briefly explain about API Baas data model?
With the use of API Baas data model, the data for the apps used are done at the application specific level where the collections of data entities are managed within a single organization.
Q: What is an organization?
The following points are about “organization”.
1. First of all, an organization is nothing but a collection of one or more applications
2. It actually has an administrative level of access.
3. Also, multiple accounts related administrator access is also provided to an organization.
4. In a nutshell, the username that you create while signup process the same will be used as your name for the organization, this is default process.
Q: What is an application and what is the significance of it?
Within the API Baas terminology, an organization can host one or more applications within it. Also, an application is nothing but a specific set of the environment which stores the application data which is associated with the app.
Q: What sort of infrastructure does an application provide?
Every application will provide the following infrastructure, they are listed as follows:
1. Storing information
2. Retrieving information
3. Updating information
4. Deleting information
All this is specific to an instance of the application.
Q: What can be done with the use of APIgee SDK’s?
With the use of APIgee SDK’s, the user will be able to develop certain API calls which will help the application to interact with the system and execute the need.
Q: What are the two types of calls that can be developed using APIgee SDK’s?
The two type of calls that can be developed using APIgee SDK’s is:
1. Synchronous Calls
2. Asynchronous calls
Q: What is Synchronous call?
If your API call is classified as Synchronous then:
1. It means that your application will respond only when there is a response back from the API call that was previously made. Until an, unless there is a response back from API call the system or the application will not function further.
2. The use of this API call is beneficial if you need any user specific decisions are pending. This will help the users to take appropriate decisions and based on the need the system will execute further and serve
3. It is also considered as a performance lag because always it has to wait for the response from the API call and based on the response the application will react. This is the reason why they call this method as performance lag.
Q: What is Asynchronous call?
If your API call is classified as Asynchronous call then:
1. It means that your application will not wait for the API call response and it will function as it is. Once the response is received it will include in the process and the system will continue to work as it is.
2. It doesn’t have any performance lag because the applications work continuously and it doesn’t have to stop for any specific response to be received from the API calls.
Q: What are the features for API Baas?
The features of using API Baas are as follows:
1. Flexible data storage
2. Social graph functionality
3. Geolocation functionality
4. User management
5. Push notifications
6. Client authentications
7. Performance monitoring
All of these features are actually available via RESTful API.
Q: What is Usergrid?
The Usergrid is also the same type of service that API Baas platform provides. It is nothing but an open source project which enables the user to utilize its highly scalable backend as a service platform. These type of services are mainly used on the mobile platforms.
Q: How different is API Baas vs Usergrid?
To be honest, API Baas and Usergrid both offer the same type of service or the platform. In real comparison, API Baas platform actually provides more options and services like Push notifications, app monitoring, and A/B testing etc. All these services are not available in Usergrid.
Q: Do you know if there is any limit on the number of API calls that can be executed with the help of API Baas?
No, there is no limit on a number of API calls that are executed with the help of API Baas.
Q: How much of data can be stored in the Apigee’s API Baas?
With the free account of APIgee Developer account, user will be able to store 25GB worth of data and all of this is provided for free of cost.
Q: How is the data store happen in API Baas?
The data is stored in the form of JSON- formatted objects.
Thus it makes it easy for the user and all different type of data can be stored easily in the API Baas.
Q: With the use of API Baas, is there is any limit on the number of push notifications that are sent out?
No, there is no such limit in terms of sending out push notifications by using API Baas, but it is always good to be under a certain limit. The limit that they have decided would be decent enough is 10,000 push notifications in a single request.
If the message or the push notification needs to be sent to more than 10,000 recipients then it is advised to send the push notifications to the targeted devices in batch formats.
Q: So is there any limit with the push notifications per month?
With the free APIgee Developer account, the user will be able to send out about 10 million push notifications at a free of cost. Further, if the user needs to send out more than 10 million push notifications per month then they have different pricing plans to cater the same.
Q: List out all the stages that are associated with a notification message?
The notification message actually goes through different states they are:
Q: What is the first and last stage of a notification message?
The first stage of a notification message is “Created”. The last stage of a notification message is “Failed”.
Q: With the use of APIgee SDK, it is possible to monitor the mobile apps?
Yes, the mobile app monitoring is possible and also the mobile analytics is also possible with the use of the APIgee SDK.
Q: Why can’t you see a crash report after experiencing a crash?
If the app is not restarted after the crash then the user will not be able to see any crash report. Usually, the crash reports are uploaded only after successful app restarts.
Q: When will the app usage data be uploaded to the server?
Usually, the app usage data is uploaded to the server whenever the app is started.
Q: What is the backend data store for the API Baas?
The API Baas is datastore is supported by Cassandra, it is one of the popular NoSQL types of database.
Q: What are the techniques to optimize your data store and its access?
The following are the two techniques that are used to optimize the data store access:
1. Denormalize and duplicate
2. Start creating direct paths to that data that you need
Q: Explain the process of creating a collection?
The following is one of the best and simplest way to create a new collection:
1. First of all Login to the Admin portal.
2. Within the left menu, click on Data
3. Click on Add Collection button
4. Name the Collection that needs be created.
5. Click on Create
6. The collection will be created and will appear in the list
Q: What are different types of queries that can be used while querying the data store?
They are different ways of querying the data store to get the required information, the following is the list:
Q: How is a request is constructed within the APIgee API?
The request is constructed with the two inputs they are listed as follows:
1. Define the path to the collection that you are planning to query
2. Obviously, the query language statement which actually has your query
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules