If you're looking for ArcSight Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research, ArcSight has a market share of about 0.7%. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in ArcSight Analytics. Mindmajix offers Advanced ArcSight Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as ArcSight Analyst.
Ans: So ArcSight ESM stands for Enterprise Security Manager.
As the name itself implies the usage of this tool is that it adds value to your organization security policies. Using this tool, it will help the organizations to focus on the threat detection, analysis on the triages, compliance management. All of these are done on the SIEM platform where it actually reduces the time taken to resolve a cybersecurity threat.
Ans: SIEM stands for Security Information and Event management.
So this is a platform where a holistic view of the security process implemented within the organization. The letter e is silent and it is addressed as “SIM” platform. Basically, in this process, the data is all gathered into one secure repository where the logs are used for future security analysis. This process is widely used in the Payment Card Industry. It is actually classified as a data security standard in the Payment Card industry.
Ans: The key features of the ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager are as follows:
1. Enriched Security Event data
2. Powerful real-time data visualization and correlation
3. Automated workflows
4. Security process optimized
5. ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager tool is compatible with ArcSight Data Platform and ArcSight Investigate
Ans: The following are the different ways that the business is actually protected by using ArcSight ESM tool, as follows:
1. It is capable of collecting data or information from any type of log source
2. It tremendously reduces the response time and also helps in reducing the damage as well
3. It can efficiently store information where the information can be retrieved as we generally do in enterprise-level databases.
4. It provides role relevant reports that are available within the enterprise
5. The architecture is scalable
6. Easily customizable and maintains the high-performance system
Ans: Well, ArcSight ESM provides powerful real-time data correlation by processing the number of events per second. Based on this analysis a more accurate outcome is proposed. So based on this analysis, the threats that violate the internal rules are escalated within the platform. ESM actually processes 75,000 events per second basis.
Ans: ArcSight ESM actually helps the organizations and the individuals as below:
All the event data is collected centrally and stored and monitor
User-friendly compliance reporting in a single touch provides necessary data in an appropriate format.
Has an ability to monitor and mitigate the risk.
Eliminates manual process as much as possible
Saves valuable hours of security analyst where they spend on false alarms
Brings awareness to the team about the security process in place and the countermeasures implemented.
Ans: Well, most of the small companies don't have enough manpower to make sure that their security process is intact. But they won't be able to be proactive and warn the team that there might be a possible threat attack, this is because they don't have any automatic mechanism which triggers a threat attack. So to solve the real-time issue and also make sure the security checks are monitored and analyzed, we have a Security Information and Event Management system. Out of this system is ArcSight SEM. So basically all the machine log data is analyzed and understands the patterns of normal behavior vs abnormal behavior. Thus making it a perfect tool where it can understand the security logs so far and based on the analysis can trigger some information which might prevent a bigger threat to the entire organization.
Ans: Well, ArcSight ESM can help the organizations building more enhanced use cases to improve the APT’s ( Advanced Persistent Threats)which will allow a faster and targeted response in a timely fashion.
Ans: So, ArcSight Logger is nothing but a log management solution that can be used widely in security practices. So using solution, the users will be able to capture and analyze different type of log data and provide necessary inputs to all the individual's teams so their questions are answered. Eventually, this can be expanded into an enterprise level log management solution if needed.
So using this solution, topics like compliance and risk management are taken into due consideration. Also, the data can be used for searching, indexing, reporting, analysis purposes, and retention as well.
In the field of Information technology and computer security, products which provide or offer services like real-time security generated alerts analysis can be categorized as SIEM tool.
Ans: The term SOC stands for “Security Operations Center”.
So basically this is a center for all the websites, applications, databases, data centers and servers, networks are duly monitored and analyzed and well defended.
Ans: The core offering of ArcSight ESM is:
1. Analyzes different threats to a database
2. Checks with the logs that were captured
3. Provide possible solutions or advice based on the risk level
Ans: Basically, ArcSight Express provides the same functionalities that they do at ArcSight ESM but at a very much smaller scale. ArcSight Express analyzes threats within a database and provides possible action item.
Ans: The main use of ArcSight Logger is to capture or stream real-time data and categorize them into different buckets of specific logs.
Ans: The key capabilities of ArcSight Logger are:
1. It collects logs from any sort of log generating source
2. After collecting the data, it categorizes and registers as Common Event Format (CEF)
3. These events can be searched with the use of a simple interface
4. It can handle and store years worth of logs information
5. It is perfect for automation analysis which can be later used for reporting, the intelligence of logs or events for IT Security purposes and logs analytics.
Ans: The main use of ArcSight Connectors is listed below:
** With the use of ArcSight connectors, the user can actually automate the process of collecting and managing the logs irrespective of the device. All the data can be normalized into a CEF, i.e. Common Event Format
** ArcSight connectors provide a bunch of universal data collections from different unique devices.
Ans: The use of ArcSight manager is to simply put in place robust security parameters within the organization. So it is one of the high-performance service engines which actually filters, manages, correlates all security-related events that are collected by the IT system.
The main parts that are essential for the ArcSight manager to work appropriately are:
** ArcSight Console
** CORR Engine
** ArcSight SmartConnectors
The operational environment for ArcSight Manager is nothing but the underlying OS and the file system that are in place.
Ans: IDS stands for “Intrusion Detection System”. This is the main component when it comes to ArcSight ESM.
Ans: The following are the important points about the ArcSight ESM tool:
1. With this tool, administrators and analyst can actually detect more incidents
2. Operate more efficiently
3. The same data set can be used for real-time correlation of the data and log management application can use the same dataset.
Ans: Supported Operating systems are:
1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 6.2, 64 bit CPU
2. Memory 16-36GB
3. Disk space for 2-4 TB
4. Average Compression of 10:1 SAS 15K RPM
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.