If you're looking for Cyberoam Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are in right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research, Cyberoam has a market share of about 0.8%.
So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in Cyberoam Development. Mindmajix offers Advanced Cyberoam Interview Questions 2021 that help you in cracking your interview & acquire a dream career as Cyberoam Developer.
Cyberoam Interview Questions & Answers - Advanced
1. What do you mean by Cyberoam?
Ans: Cyberoam is an organization which is providing products and services related to IT security. Cyberoam has worldwide operations, with an extremely strong presence in India, Middle East Countries, Africa, and Latin America. Their client includes all industries and verticals with top private and government organizations in India.
If you want to enrich your career and become a professional in Cyberoam, then visit Mindmajix - a global online training platform: "" This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
2. What do you mean by a Cyberoam device?
Ans: Cyberoam’s Unified Threat Management hardware appliances provide complete security to any organization, ranging from large-cap enterprises to its branch offices. Multiple security features have been integrated over a single named as Layer 8 Identity-based platform which makes security look very simple but highly effective.
3. How do Cyberoam Functions?
Ans: While designing corporate policies regarding network security, many organizations often neglect the most critical and weak component in security, that is the human element. By and large, an organization’s overall security is only as strong as its weakest link, its users.
In order to deal with the concerns of gaining visibility and controls on the user's activities in the network, Cyberoam UTM’s Layer 8 technology with its network appliances of UTM appliances and Next-Generation Firewalls, has been derived out of the need for a more strong network security system which can include a user’s human identity as part of the firewall rule matching the criteria.
4. How does Cyberoam Layer Technology function?
Ans: By definition, Cyberoam Layer 8 Technology, functions over its network security appliances by treating every single user identity as the 8th layer or the "human layer" in the network protocol stack. This allows the system administrators to uniquely identify users, control the activity of these users in the internet network, and enable policy-setting and reporting by username.
5. What are the Benefits of Cyberoam’s 8 Layer Technology?
Ans: Following are the benefits rendered by Cyberoam’s 8 Layer Technology: -
1. Identification of attackers and victims with their usernames can be identified.
2. Instant visibility by system administrators into a source of the attacks.
3. Controlling who is doing what in the entire organizational network.
4. Allowing the creation of identity-based policies
5. Reporting to track identity-based usage, problems, intrusions, and so forth.
6. What do you mean by integrated security over single Cyberoam network security appliances?
Ans: The Layer 8 technology goes through each and every single security module of the Cyberoam security appliances. All security features are centrally configured and are managed from a single firewall page easily.
Layer 8 binds these securities features and creates a single, consolidated security unit which enables the system administrator to change security policies dynamically while accounting for user movement, like joiner, leaver, elevating hierarchy, etc.
7. How Cyberoam does adds speed to the security system?
Ans: IT professionals often waste much time in the knowledge source of attacks or attackers in any case of a security breach, due to the lack of granular identity features in other security systems.
Cyberoam’s Layer 8 provides instant visibility into the source of attacks while identifying victims and attackers by their username followed by a proactive remedy of security incidents. In this way, Cyberoam speeds up security.
8. How Cyberoam provides Security in Wi-Fi environments?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Ans: Cyberoam can effectively provide security to organizations in dynamic Wi-Fi environments where it’s not easy to trace users by IP addresses alone. It provides strong user authentication other than monitoring Internet access controls and reports with an identity-based approach. It also offers separate network access to Guests and Employees.
9. How does Cyberoam Boosts Organizational productivity?
Ans: Cyberoam’s content and application filtering mechanism manage the indiscriminate Internet surfing tendency of its users through customized policy settings for different users and groups, thereby marking limitations on access based on time duration and predefined blocked sites over 100 categories.
Cyberoam network security appliances also provide all users with a time and role-based bandwidth management system which prevents users from consuming huge amounts of bandwidth for nonproductive internet surfing and unnecessary downloads. Instant Messaging Controls allow administrators to control who can chat with whom over messengers, webcam, and can transfer files.
10. What is the Cyberoam iView logging and reporting system?
Ans: In Cyberoam’s Layer 8 identity-based reporting system known as Cyberoam iView, gives an in-depth analysis of the network activities for each and every single user. All network attacks are exhibited on a single screen on the dashboard with the third level of drilled down reports (approximately 1200+ reports) facilitating any investigation of attacks and users responsible for them.
11. Is Cyberoam Regulatory Compliance?
Ans: Equipped with Layer 8 identification and its controls, Cyberoam network security appliances enable the organization to comply with all stipulated regulatory compliance norms such as HIPAA, CIPA, PCI-DSS, GLBA, etc.
12. What is this Cyberoam captive portal and how can it be configured?
Ans: A Captive Portal is used to validate an existing user in the Cyberoam network through a web browser interface before granting access to the network. Cyberoam allows system administrators to modify URL redirection after any user logs in through the Captive Portal.
13. Why is Captive Portal not displayed to users trying to access the Internet when a default Drop Policy is applied?
Ans: This problem may be specific to some installations only and can spread to multiple locations. However, two common issues occur which are described as follow: -
1. An External DNS is configured in the specific System. If a ‘Drop’ firewall rule is applied, Cyberoam will block all traffic, including DNS requests. Hence, Captive Portal won’t be displayed. This can be resolved by either of the following solutions:
a.We should Configure the Cyberoam IP address as the DNS in the user machines.
b. We should create a firewall rule which accepts DNS traffic and places it above the ‘Drop’ rule.
2. Captive Portal is not displayed for Clientless Users. This happens because trusted users don’t need any authentication on Cyberoam to access the Internet. Hence, Captive Portal is not displayed to clientless users.
14. How to customize the Default SMS sent to Guest Users?
Ans: We can customize the Default SMS sent to Guest Users by executing the steps as following:
1. At first we need to login to Web Admin Console with a profile having read & write permission for the relevant features.
2. Then we need to go to System > Configuration > Messages and expand the tool SMS Customization.
3. At Last we need to click on to edit the Default SMS Text.
15. How can we set an authentication mechanism for L2TP or PPTP VPN users?
Ans: Cyberoam facilitates administrators to set the authentication protocol used by L2TP and PPTP VPN users.
Following are the steps described below to set authentication mechanisms for L2TP or PPTP VPN users.
We should logon to the console via Telnet or SSH, to access the CLI Console by clicking on the upper right corner of the Web Admin Console display. Then we must choose option 4. Cyberoam Console followed by executing the command to set authentication method for L2TP users:
console> set vpn L2tp authentication OR
We should execute the following command to set authentication method for PPTP users:
console> set vpn pptp authentication
16. What is the Maximum Session Timeout?
Ans: The Maximum Session Timeout is the time duration in minutes for which a user can be logged in to the Cyberoam network. Exceeding the duration as configured in the network, the user is automatically logged out and must re-authenticate to log in to the network again.
17. How to set up the Maximum Session Timeout globally for all users?
Ans: The system administrator can configure the maximum session timeout for all users by following the steps described below. We need to log on to the Web Admin Console as an administrator with reading & Write permission for relevant features.
Then we should go to Identity > Authentication > Firewall, under Global Settings against Maximum Session Timeout, and uncheck Unlimited and specify the timeout in minutes. Lastly, we need to click on apply to activate the changes.
18. What is Inactivity Timeout?
Ans: Cyberoam allows system administrators to set the inactivity timeout duration and data transfer threshold of all users.
- Inactivity Timeout is the inactive or idle time in minutes after which the user will be logged out automatically and has to authenticate again.
- Data Transfer Threshold is the threshold value specified in Bytes for transferring data. If the quantum of data is not transferred within the specified Inactivity Time, the user will be marked as inactive.
19. How to configure CTAS Settings to automatically logout inactive users?
Ans: We must be logged in to Web Admin Console with administrator privileges with reading & Write permission for the related task. Then we need to configure Cyberoam Transparent Authentication (CTAS) by setting the Inactivity Timeout and Data Transfer Threshold for users authenticating using CTAS from Identity > Authentication > Firewall > CTAS Settings.
20. How to configure CTAS Settings to automatically logout inactive users?
Ans: We must be logged in to Web Admin Console with administrator privileges with reading & Write permission for the related tasks. Then we need to configure NT LAN Manager (NTLM) by setting the Inactivity Timeout and Data Transfer Threshold for users authenticating using NTLM from Identity > Authentication > Firewall > NTLM Settings.
21. How to configure Web Clients Settings to automatically logout inactive users?
Ans: We must be logged in to Web Admin Console with administrator privileges before configuring Web Clients (iOS, Android and API) and set the Inactivity Timeout and Data Transfer Threshold for iOS, Android, and API users authenticating using Web Clients from Identity > Authentication > Firewall > Web Client Settings.
22. How can we disable Email notifications for virtual host failover?
Ans: We need to logon to CLI Console via Telnet or SSH or we can access the CLI Console by clicking Console Button on the upper right corner of the Web Admin Console screen display. Then we need to choose option 4, “Cyberoam Console”. After selecting Cyberoam Console we can execute the following command to disable mail notifications for virtual host failover,
console> set virtual host failover mail-notification to disable
23. Does Cyberoam protect the organizational network against IP Spoofing?
Ans: The power-packed feature of Cyberoam’s Unicast Reverse Packet Forwarding, also called Anti Spoofing, protects the organizational network against IP Spoofing, and all kinds of attacks that utilize IP Spoofing techniques, like DoS attacks, etc.
Cyberoam scrutinizes all incoming packets and rejects all such packets that do not carry a confirmable Source of IP Address. In other words, if the source IP address of a packet does not match with any entry on Cyberoam’s routing table, or if the packet is not from a direct subnet, then Cyberoam rejects the packet.
24. What is a Cyberoam client?
Ans: Cyberoam SSL VPN client helps the user to access the organizational network remotely from anywhere, anytime. It provides the user with the ability to create point-to-point encrypted channels between the remote user and the organization's internal network. A combination of SSL certificates with a username and password is needed to access the organizational network.
25. What are the different types of firewalls?
Ans: The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-10 categorize three types of firewalls:
1. Packet filters.
2. Stateful inspection.
26. What is a firewall on a network?
Ans: A firewall is a system designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from any private networks. Firewall can be implemented either in hardware or software form, or a combination of both. Firewalls prevent unauthorized Internet users from accessing private networks connected to the Internet, especially the intranets.
27. Do you know the default IP address for Cyberoam?
Ans: Cyberoam Appliances are shipped with the default configuration: Port A IP address (LAN zone):172.16.16.16/255.255.255.0. Port B IP address (WAN zone): 192.168.2.1/255.255.240.0.
28. What is DMZ port in Cyberoam?
Ans: Virtual Host maps the services of any public IP address to services of a host in any private network. This virtual host is used as the Destination address to access an internal or a DMZ server. A Virtual host might be a single IP address or a range of IP addresses or Cyberoam interface itself.
29. What is a DMZ in networking?
Ans: In network security, a DMZ or demilitarized zone (known as a perimeter network also) is a physical or logical sub-network that points their external services to a network not trusted, generally a large network like that of the Internet.
30. Why do we need a DMZ?
Ans: The second or internal firewall permits traffic only from the DMZ to the internal network. This is perceived to be more secure since two devices would need to be compromised before an attacker can access the internal LAN. As a DMZ segregates a network, security controls can be perfectly tuned for each and every single segment.