Selenium Training Overview
Selenium training will provide all the necessary skills to successfully create a Selenium test suite. Starting from the very beginning of the Selenium IDE, this selenium online training will show you how to transit into a real programming language such as Ruby or Java.
We will start off by familiarizing you with the Selenium IDE, RC, explaining you its functions, and using it to automate and debug a complex application. After this, we will cover a wide range of functions provided by the Selenium WebDriver API that can be used for effective web automation tests. Finally, you will learn how to perform Hudson / Jenkins integration and explore Live project.
Selenium Testing Training Curriculum
In this training session, we will go through Testing in brief and differences between Manual and Automated Testing.. What is automation testing
When it comes into the picture
What are the uses of automation testing
In this training session, we will go through Testing in brief and differences between Manual and Automated Testing..
What is automation testing
By the end of this training, you will get in depth understanding of Selenium Testing Tool.. What is Selenium
Use of Selenium
When selenium can be useful in testing
Features of Selenium
Differences between Selenium and QTP
By the end of this training, you will get in depth understanding of Selenium Testing Tool..
What is Selenium
At the end of this session, you will get hands on experience on Installation of Selenium IDE and other tools.. Selenium IDE
At the end of this session, you will get hands on experience on Installation of Selenium IDE and other tools..
Learn, How to record and run the script, Difference between Testcase, Testsuite and also about how to run the recorded script in other browers.. Recording the script in SELENIUM
Running the script in SELENIUM
Object Identification in SELENIUM
When to use Selenium IDE
Learn, How to record and run the script, Difference between Testcase, Testsuite and also about how to run the recorded script in other browers..
Recording the script in SELENIUM
Now, its time to learn how to Install Eclipse, Create a JUnit test using JUnit export from Selenium IDE, Differences between Assert and verify and using the IDE to add asserts and verifies. Install Eclipse
Create a new Java Project
Create a JUnit test using JUnit export from Selenium IDE
Run the exported (selenium) test in Eclipse
A look at SeleneseTestCase.java
Use the SeleneseTestCase Functionality
Using the IDE to add asserts and verifies
Difference between Assert and Verify
Creating screenshots on Failure with SeleneseTestCase
Now, its time to learn how to Install Eclipse, Create a JUnit test using JUnit export from Selenium IDE, Differences between Assert and verify and using the IDE to add asserts and verifies.
Learn, How to create a new test in Selenium and also about how to run selenium RC in DOS.. Create a new test in SELENIUM
First test with annotation
Default Selenium constructor explained
Run selenium RC in DOS
Learn, How to create a new test in Selenium and also about how to run selenium RC in DOS..
Create a new test in SELENIUM
Understand, What Xpath is? and also about Xpather Optimise Xpath with Xpather.. Firebug
XPather Optimise Xpath with XPather
Introduction to Xpath
Understand, What Xpath is? and also about Xpather Optimise Xpath with Xpather..
Learn different types of JUnit Annotations in this module. @Before
Learn different types of JUnit Annotations in this module.
By the end of this module, you’ll learn, how to start Selenium Programming, To run test outside Eclipse, and also about Different commands available.. Different commands available & its purposes
Start Selenium Programming
Running Tests outside Eclipse
By the end of this module, you’ll learn, how to start Selenium Programming, To run test outside Eclipse, and also about Different commands available..
Different commands available & its purposes
Get a detail description about Ant, How to install Ant, Java JDK and how to update Environmental varibles and path.. Install Ant
Install Java JDK
Update Environmental variables and path
Run Ant file
Get a detail description about Ant, How to install Ant, Java JDK and how to update Environmental varibles and path..
We can create data-driven Selenium Data Driver tests using the JUnit parameterization feature. This can be done by using the JUnit parameterized class runner. Basic Data Driven Testing
JUnit parameterized Class Runner And Constructor
Data supplied by an @Parameters annotated method
Running Data Driven Test
Reading Data from Delimited Files
Run tests on multiple browsers
We can create data-driven Selenium Data Driver tests using the JUnit parameterization feature. This can be done by using the JUnit parameterized class runner.
Basic Data Driven Testing
Topics- Selenium Grid
Hudson / Jenkins integration
Live Project Explanation
Topics- Selenium Grid
Our trainers have relevant experience in implementing real-time solutions on different queries related to different topics. Mindmajix verifies their technical background and expertise.
We record each LIVE class session you undergo through and we will share the recordings of each session/class.
Trainer will provide the Environment/Server Access to the students and we ensure practical real-time experience and training by providing all the utilities required for the in-depth understanding of the course.
If you are enrolled in classes and/or have paid fees, but want to cancel the registration for certain reason, it can be attained within 48 hours of initial registration. Please make a note that refunds will be processed within 30 days of prior request.
The Training itself is Real-time Project Oriented.
Yes. All the training sessions are LIVE Online Streaming using either through WebEx or GoToMeeting, thus promoting one-on-one trainer student Interaction.
There are some Group discounts available if the participants are more than 2.
As we are one of the leading providers of Online training, We have customers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Qatar, NZ, Singapore, Malaysia, India and other parts of the world. We are located in USA. Offering Online Training in Cities like
Minneapolis, Melbourne, Jacksonville, Davidson, Murfreesboro, Auckland, Carlsbad, San Marcos, Tacoma, Bellevue, Garland, Raleigh-Cary, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Toronto, Wellington, Gilbert, Tempe, Alexandria, Chandler, Scottsdale, Peoria, Honolulu, Raleigh, Nashville, Plano, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Saint John, Vancouver, Richmond, Mississauga, Saskatoon, Kingston, Kelowna, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Dubai, Doha, Brisbane, Perth etc…
- Selenium Training Washington, DC
- Selenium Training Virginia
- Selenium Training New Jersey
- Selenium Training Illinois
- Selenium Training North Carolina
- Selenium Training California
- Selenium Training Maryland
- Selenium Training Georgia
- Selenium Training Texas
- Selenium Training New York
- Selenium Training San Francisco
- Selenium Training Oregon
- Selenium Training Ohio
- Selenium Training Florida
- Selenium Training Seattle
- Selenium Training Chicago
- Selenium Training Dallas
- Selenium Training Los Angeles
- Selenium Training Baltimore
- Selenium Training Houston
- Selenium Training San Diego
- Selenium Training Santa Clara
- Selenium Training Columbus
- Selenium Training Towson
- Selenium Training Salt Lake City
- Selenium Training Austin
- Selenium Training Sunnyvale
- Selenium Training Franklin
- Selenium Training Orlando
- Selenium Training Boston
- Selenium Training San Jose
- Selenium Training St. Louis
Selenium is an open-source suite of tools that is used for test automation and helps in automating web applications. Selenium is a software testing framework that creates robust, browser based regression automation that can be controlled by programming languages. The suite has rich set of testing functionality geared to create quick bug reproduction scripts and support backward compatibility. Test will be written in HTML tables and run directly on web browsers.
Selenium WebDriver is a portable software testing framework for web browsers automation. The Selenium IDE provides a record/playback tool for authoring tests without learning a test scripting language. It provides a test domain specific language (DSL) to write tests in a number of popular programming languages, including Java, C++, Ruby, Groovy, Python, PHP, and Peri. Test playback is possible in most modern web browsers. Selenium deploys on Windows, Linn; and Macintosh platforms.
It has capabilities to operate across different browsers and operating systems.These operations are highly flexible, allowing many options for locating UI elements and comparing expected test results against actual application behavior.
One of Selenium’s key features is the support for executing one’s tests on multiple browser platforms.
Different Tools of Selenium:
Selenium is composed of three major tools. Each one has a specific role in aiding the development of web application test automation.
- Selenium IDE – Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a Firefox plugin that lets testers to record their actions as they follow the workflow that they need to test.
- Selenium RC – Selenium Remote Control (RC) is the flagship testing framework that allows more than simple browser actions and linear execution. It makes use of the full power of programming languages such as Java, C#, PHP, Python, Ruby, and PERL to create more complex tests.
- Selenium WebDriver – Selenium WebDriver is the successor to Selenium RC which sends commands directly to the browser and retrieves results.
- Selenium Grid – Selenium Grid is a tool used to run parallel tests across different machines and different browsers simultaneously which results in minimized execution time.
A command refers to what Selenium has to do and the commands in Selenium are of three types:
- Actions – Actions are commands that manipulate the state of the application. Upon execution, if an action fails, the execution of the current test is stopped.
- Accessors – Accessors evaluate the state of the application and store the results in a variable which is used in assertions.
- Assertions – Element Locators help Selenium to identify the HTML element the command refers to.
Advantages of Selenium
- Selenium is an open-source tool.
- Can be extended for various technologies that expose DOM.
- Has capabilities to execute scripts across different browsers.
- Can execute scripts on various operating systems.
- Supports mobile devices.
- Executes tests within the browser, so focus is NOT required while script execution is in progress.
- Can execute tests in parallel with the use of Selenium Grids.
You’ll find that Selenium is highly flexible. There are multiple ways in which one can add functionality to Selenium’s framework to customize test automation for one’s specific testing needs. This is, perhaps, Selenium’s strongest characteristic when compared with proprietary test automation tools and other open source solutions.
Finally, Selenium is an Open Source project where code can be modified and enhancements can be submitted for contribution.