Slowly Changing Dimensions ( SCD Type I/II/III )
Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD’s)
SCD is a dimension which captures the changes that occur over a period of time.
- Type I – Contains only current data. Change in source is overwritten
- Type II-Maintains complete history + Current data
- Type III-Partial (recent) history + Current data
- Active record is where end date is null
- Active status(Active record – Max Version)
- Change No (Version)
- Duration (Time stamp)
Explore Informatica Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.