Types Of Tables In DWH: Facts And Dimensions
Tables in DWH
- Dimensions are attributes about facts.
- They store textual description about business.
- Dimensions are denormalized due to one to many relationships
Ex: Store, Product, Employee, Customers
Facts are the actual transactions or values being analyzed
- They contain composite primary key where each attribute of a primary key is a foreign key to the dimension tables
- A fact table contains the facts at the lowest level granularity
- Prod Id, Cust Id, Sales Date are Dimension Keys.
- Quantity Sold, Amount Sold is Fact Measures/KPI’s
- KPI stands for Key Performance Indicators
Explore Informatica Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.