If you're looking for IBM WebSphere Server Administration Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research IBM WebSphere Server Administration has a market share of about 0.4%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in IBM WebSphere Server Administration. Mindmajix offers Advanced IBM WebSphere Server Administration Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as IBM WebSphere Server Administrator.
Q: What do you understand by Ripplestart?
Ripplestart stops & starts the instances of cluster at a time. It is actuallya combination of two operations and they are start and stop. First, it stops and then restarts each instance of the cluster. When Ripplestart is clicked, tx1 stops and then again turned on, followed by tx2 stops and then again turned on, & then finally tx3 stops reboots. Rather than considering a manual approach, Ripplestart is considered here. Actually, all the applications within the cluster can easily be stopped and whenever the need of same is felt.
Q: What is Websphere?
It is basically a powerful tool that is actually an initiative of IBM. The primary purpose is to simply create and manage the websites in a reliable manner. When it comes to building the web applications that are scalable, this tool can simply be used. The good thing is almost all the functional related to a business can easily be supported by it. Even if the data belongs to Operating Systems which are different in nature, it is possible to combine the same with the help of this tool.
Q: Can you name the components of WebSphere which are common
1. Generic servers
3. Web Server
4. Data Server
Q: What are some important features that WebSphere is equipped with?
1. Support to the container functionality
2. Support to HTML pages
3. Supports the HTTP servers
Q: What exactly do you know about the working of an application server cluster?
WebSphere’s server plugin element routes all requests to WebSphere’sweb containers. Whenever there is any communication failure within a specific member of cluster, it mark’s the member down & starts routing all the requests to other clusters untill the primary is available.
Q: What exactly do you understand by node group and node agent? What differences or similarities you can find in them?
1. Node is actually considered as an alignment of process that are related to the server and are managed by WebSphere which share common setup.
2. Nodeagent: Every node is equipped with an agent which acts as its assistant and is responsible for the administration tasks.
3. Clustering techniques in both of these are generally same in a number of aspects.
Q: In a situation where the administrator requires to migrate the server profiles of application from v6.1 to v8 using Profile Management Tool (PMT) and wants to keep all the windows services generated for these profiles, how can he make sure that windows services are preserved after migration the process?
Administrator must generate the profile with services enabled before starting the wizard, & point to the profile while working on the migration.
Q: What are the new capabilities in IBM Installation Manager V8?
Following is a list of capabilities included in the:
a) It is equipped with a single installation tools for installation and un-installation of the product
b) It can Update and roll back iFixes & fixpacks.
c) Auto Installation and un-installation of the entire feature packs.
d) GUIinterface performs the individual operations. Response files are recorded either from GUI or generated by specifying the suitable XML file for simple installation purposes.
e) For invoking many operations, Silent mode is supported.
Q: State the difference between WebSphere Business Integration Modeler Advanced Edition V5.1 & WebSphere Business Integration Modeler Entry Edition V5.1?
The business owner can now execute complex operation based on “what if “scenarios, followed by analyzing and creating reports from the simulated results to detect the problem areas in the processes. Advanced Edition of WebSphere offers all the capabilities of the Initial Edition apart from Advanced Edition which also provides “jump-start” to any development of application by enabling more focused users, like IT architects, to export the models to UML, or other FDL models, for further development.
WebSphere Business Edition Version 5.1 is a cost effective option for businesspersons looking for simple model, document, and print their business transactions &processes.
Q: Differentiate between Websphere and Web logic.
Weblogic has attributes to support default transaction, whereas Websphere does not have that kind of default transactional attributes.
Websphere is more focused on integration,connectivity, and web services. It performs better in implementation of J2EE, and in extensive integration and management of transactions as compared to Weblogic.
Q: Brief, the ways we can deploy the Websphere applications>
In two way we can istall the IBM Websphere application:
1. We can copy the files to install the application folder directly in Websphere.
2. Using Websphere specific ant automate tasks to generate robotic scripts for installation of the application, through administration console
Q: Mention the Websphere MQ programming APIs.
Websphere MQ programming APIs include
1. JMS known as Java Message Service
2. AMI known as Application Messaging Interface
3. MQI known as Message Queue Interface
Q: Mention the functionality performed by the caching proxy server
1. Reverse Content &proxy based routing
2. Caching server provides functionality
3. Dynamic content caching &Integration with servlet caching.
Q: What do you understand by WebSphere Application Server Edge components?
WebSphere Edge is a group of web application server components whichissupposed to improve the productivity of web-based information systems, and is an integral part of IBM WebSphere product suite. It comprises of 4 basic components:
1. Caching Proxy
2. Network Dispatcher
3. Application Edge Service
4. Content Distribution
Edge is configured for high availability with a backup of Edge failover server which makes over sessions in case the primary Edge server fails.
Q: How the caching proxy of WebSphere will be done on the edge server?
Caching proxiesare configured as a explicit proxy or in forward direction. When any user requests for the content, and it will be cached by edge server previously sending or following the query. Edge server caches page fragments that generate from JSP or Servlets, and the process of Caching becomes slow. Edge will optimize the Scalability & Performance.
Q: What do you understand by extended deployment in WebSphere?
Extended deployment in WebSphere provides advantageous qualities of service with optimizingfeatures. It covers three areas
1. WebSphere eXtreme Scale
2. WebSphere Virtual Enterprise
3. Compute Grid
Q: Explain MQ in WebSphere?
WebSphere MQ is a program that allows us to communicate with each other using queues&messages. Communication in this form is known as commercial messaging. There are two methods ofcommunication amongst the application,
1. Request/Response and
2. Fire & Forget.
Q: Explain the functions Queue Manager in IBM Websphere MQ.
QueueManager is an important element of WebSphere MQ. It is responsible for routing &storing messages to all other queue manager within the MQ, and communicates with the outside world too.
Q: When does the WebSphere Application server contact registry for any user information?
1. Web-sphere application server contacts the registry when users.
2. Maps the certificate information to a userid.
3. Checks for the user’s password.
4. Obtains any group information.
5. Converts userid to registry unique id.
Q: Explain the functions offered by the caching proxy server?
1. Proxy server provides dynamic content caching which minimizes the load of application’s contents
2. Reverse proxy configuration allows the proxy server to intercept the user requests arriving from the internet, to the host & caching the returned data
3. It also provides content based routing function, which routes all the requests based on rules that we write. The common type of rule is the content rule, which directs all the requests based on the path name of the URL.
Q: What will happen if the JVM heap is very small?
Applications needs minimum amount of memory to reach the stable state,which occurs when the heap is no longer growing consistently. If the JVM is configured with a maximum heap, which is too small, it will never permit the JVM to reach the stable state, which will make allocation failures and the JVM will initiate to throw OutOfMemoryError.
Q: What are the functions of attribute CHANNEL in WebSphere MQ.
The CHANNEL attribute along with WebSphere MQ applications, is used to specify the receiving and sending messages in a file, which defines sender & receiver channels.Channel can be considered as a link that basically connect a receiver with a sender. It is actually channel that is responsible for data transferring. There are some set of rules that governs the control over it and it is not always necessary that the capacity of all the channels in WebSphere is same.
Q: What exactly do you know about the WebSphere’s architecture
>> Every single Web server has its own API, which allows the filters to be deployed.
>> Web server plug-in is used for several purposes and the common among them is monitoring the applications.
>> The architecture is not always necessary to be modified
>> It is possible to impose limit on the architecture if it fails to provide desired security
>> The architecture design is not always necessary to be same for all the models. There are many factors due to which it gets influenced. However, security is always the first concern
>> Architecture can be a combination of various platforms and should be free from any compatibility issues that are becoming common. This is due to the rise in technology.
Q: What exactly do you mean by WebSphere Virtual Enterprise
WebSphere Virtual Enterprise increases the flexibility and alertness to ensure the integrity of business process, &improve the service, help managing the health, and application performance.
WebSphere Virtual Enterpriseoffers the virtualization capabilities of application infrastructure,which lower the overall amount for the production, manage, and operate enterprise applications ina reliable manner.
Q: What do we understand by WebSphere eXtreme Scale?
1. It is basically an initiative by IBM to conduct intense transactional processes.
2. All the applications which are related to a business can simply be managed and bulk transactions with excellent efficiency can be assured.
3. It offers all transactional integrities& transparent failoverswhich ensures high availability, reliability, &constant response times.
4. It manages a data grid, which are dynamically caching the data apart from partitioning & replicatingthe application data. It also manages and applies various business logics across the multiple servers of its cluster.
Q: Tell something about the concept of Asymmetric clustering
1. In this, all the logics which are related to a business are divided into simple panels for better understanding
2. It cannot stand equal to a stateless server due to obvious reasons. Actually, it acts opposite to the same and always make sure of functionality.
3. The Asymmetric clustering in the architecture cannot be considered similar so the stateless server. In fact, it is totally opposite to the same. Generally in the stateless server, the applications are frequently repeated. This can sometime help in boosting the efficiency.
4. All the nodes show outcomes due to cluster implantation through the cache which is local in most of the cases. Actually, this also contribute in making sure of efficiency under every situation.
Q: What do we understand by WebSphere MQ JMS Provider?
1. It is basically an important set that contain all the Java Classes which are useful
2. All the JMS applications are managed through it
3. For clients, only a part of it is accessible rather than whole.
4. Users need to check the efficiency again and again to make sure of a constant output.
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules