SAP SD Interview Questions And Answers 2018. Here Mindmajix sharing 20 Interview Questions on SAP SD. These SAP SD questions were asked in various companies and prepared by SAP SD experts. This list of 20 SAP Sales And Distribution interview questions will help you to advance your career by cracking your next SAP SD job interview. Learn Now!
?1.Compare SAP SD with its counterparts
2. What according to you are the best ways to boost a company’s sales?
3. What is the difference between Period and Milestone?
4. In SAP SD, how you can assign distribution tasks or channels to the Sales organization
5. What are the basic conditions of sales with which you are familiar with? Can SAP SD help managing the same?
6. What do you mean by the term distribution? What are the types of Distribution business can adopt?
7. What are the key principles of achieving a sales target and how SAP SD can help in this matter?
8. What do you mean by the term Sales management?
9. What exactly is the best feature about the SAP SD tool that you have accessed so far?
10. What are the functions which are involved in the distribution?
11. How can you say SAP SD is a trusted tool for enhancing the sales of an organization?
12. What according to you are the skills of a salesperson that he/she must bear to help organization achieve proper sales and distribution?
13. What the performance monitoring of a salesperson is important according to you?
14. Why the proper management of sales and distribution for any business is important?
15. What do you mean by the term Sales and Distribution volume?
16. Why co-ordination matters in sales and distribution?
17. What according to you are the primary functions of sales and distribution management department?
18. Name the top and bottom units in the Sales and Distribution department?
19. What are the processes which are associated with the distribution?
20. What do you mean by the term promotion and how SAP SD can help in this? Does it have an impact on sales and distribution?
21. Can you name a few strategies which you think can cut down the overall cost of distribution?
22. What according to you is the best method to consider when the point of delivery is too far from the manufacturing unit?
23. What do you mean by the term sales?
24. Can you name the various Sales documents types which are available in the SAP SD?
25. What do you mean by the term condition prices in sales and distribution process?
26. What do you mean by the term PGI? Can it be cancelled?
27. What is the use of SAP Return order?
28. What is SAP Posting Period?
29. How the conflicts can be addressed in sales and distribution?
30. What is Copy control sin the SAP SD?
31) what are the highest organizational units among SD, MM, PP, FICO?
32) What are the elements of SAP SD Enterprise Structure?
34) In sales order what info is obtained from the sold-to party customer master in SAP SD?
35) How do you restrict the user to order materials?
36) What can you do with table control in sales orders?
37) In sales order, Availability check (ATP) is performed at which organizational level?
38) What are the types of Enterprise Structure?
39) What are the most important Master Data in SAP SD?
40) What are VPRS, EK01 and EK02 condition types used for in SAP SD?
Q1) Compare SAP SD with its counterparts
|S.No||SAP PP||Other approaches|
|1||Can keep a good track record of sales and distribution for a long time||Record of sales cannot be kept beyond a certain limits|
|2||It has advanced features to analyze the sales forecast||Features are not so advanced|
|3||SAP SD is trusted and has a wide support available||Support is not vast with other tools|
Q2) What according to you are the best ways to boost a company’s sales?
Sales is exactly what that enables an organization in shaping its future. It’s nothing but sales that enables them to keep up the pace in the current business models. There are certain ways to boost the sales and organizations can consider them simply. A few of them are:
1. Assuring top quality in all the services and products
2. Creating maximum brand awareness
3. Investing in technology that can enhance generating sales
4. Making commitments and references
5. Assuring proper manufacturing standards
6. Offering after sales support
7. Understanding the current market trends and customer needs
8. Investing in right advertisements campaigns
Q3) What is the difference between Period and Milestone?
In periodic, full amount is billed in a single bill while in Milestone, a single bill has partial amount
Q4) In SAP SD, how you can assign distribution tasks or channels to the Sales organization
For this, there is a dedicated feature and i.e. Sap Project Reference Object which can directly be accessed.
Q5) What are the basic conditions of sales with which you are familiar with? Can SAP SD help managing the same?
Sales has a few important conditions to be meet and they are as following:
1. There should be two parties involved in it among which one is known as a seller and the other is known as a buyer
2. The seller is the one who offer goods and the buyer is the one who is interested in buying the same in exchange of money
3. The seller has to transfer the ownership of the item to the buyer once both parties accept each other’s offer
4. SAP SD helps the organizations in understanding all the conditions and it enables them to understand whether to accept the conditions or not. Sometimes there are chances of occurrence of loss and the SAP SD module helps them in providing the relevant information so that final decision could be take.
Q6) What do you mean by the term distribution? What are the types of Distribution business can adopt?
It is nothing but a method of assuring that a particular service or goods are available for use to the end clients. Generally, distribution is of two types in a business and they are:
1. Direct Distribution - Direct distribution means not involving any channel among the manufacturer and consumer. In other words direct distribution is when a company directly sells to the consumers or the users without involving any third-party.
2. Indirect Distribution - It is a type of distribution in which an organization doesn’t sell its product or services directly to the consumers. They are first sold to the dealers which are then made available to the buyers.
Q7) What are the key principles of achieving a sales target and how SAP SD can help in this matter?
There are several key principles in achieving a sales target. Generally, organizations have to adopt a few or all of them to get the favorable fortune without violating the deadline. Businesses can go ahead with the following strategies:
1. Proper planning of resources
3. Training of the employees/workforce
4. Controlling and managing the resources
5. Tare getting customer satisfaction
SAP Sales and Distribution tools is good enough to be trusted. This is because it enable organizations to access the real-time data and the information which are very useful in this matter.
Q8) What do you mean by the term Sales management?
Sales management is nothing but simply an art of salesperson to assist unconditionally an organization in enhancing the overall visibility of their products on the consumers market. It enables business to make more transactions in a specific time period.
Q9) What exactly is the best feature about the SAP SD tool that you have accessed so far?
SAP SD is an application with the help of which the users are free to formulate their ideas and can derive real-time information from the same. It enable them to understand the abstract relationship, problem solving. Also, it enables employees or the salesperson to have all the relevant information with them about the product or the service they are going to sell.
Q10) What are the functions which are involved in the distribution?
It consists of important functions such as shipping, warehousing, data packaging, private trucking, store planning, handling of material and management of activities.
Q11) How can you say SAP SD is a trusted tool for enhancing the sales of an organization?
SAP Sales and Distribution tools is a powerful one which has been equipped with the features that enables business in understanding the current and future market trends. With same, the business can easily keep up the pace. Also, there are features that help them to keep close eye on their customers and the impact of factors such as competition on them. SAP SD enables them to understand the spending pattern of modern buyers with the help of which business can achieve sales. Also, this tool is a trusted one in understanding the right markets to be targeted and how they all can be managed easily.
Q12) What according to you are the skills of a salesperson that he/she must bear to help organization achieve proper sales and distribution?
Q13) What the performance monitoring of a salesperson is important according to you?
It simply enables organizations to fill all their loop holes when it comes to proper sales and distribution
Q14) Why the proper management of sales and distribution for any business is important?
1. It is required for achieving the sales and distribution targets
2. To boost the customer demand
3. For facilitating the sale of a product or a service at the best price for an organization
4. For maximizing the revenues
5. For achieving the organizational goals
6. Panning the investments
7. Monitoring the customer preferences
8. Help understanding the government policies
9. Maintaining strong relations with the customer
Q15) What do you mean by the term Sales and Distribution volume?
It is nothing but the overall number of products or services sold or distributed in a specific time period. Generally, the business divides one complete year in a quarter and monitors the overall sales in one quarter. This helps them in achieving their yearly targets.
Q16) Why co-ordination matters in sales and distribution?
Co-ordination matters a lot. This is because sales and distribution is not an individual’s work. In fact, it’s a team work where everyone has to agree upon the directions or the instructions given to them. With co-ordination, human resources are free to keep up the pace all the time and can contribute in their own as well as to the growth of the organization they work with.
Q17) What according to you are the primary functions of sales and distribution management department?
They are responsible for the effective management of the following
Sales and return, Quotes, inquiries, back order, consignment, scheduling agreements, rush orders and so on
Q18) Name the top and bottom units in the Sales and Distribution department?
These are Sales Manager and Sales Group
Q19) What are the processes which are associated with the distribution?
Distribution is a vast term and there are many processes which are related to the same. These are Packaging, billing, inventory, supplying, warehousing and so on.
Q20) What do you mean by the term promotion and how SAP SD can help in this? Does it have an impact on sales and distribution?
Promotion can be defined as the various methods that are used by the businesses to communicate, inform, and create interest, representation good image or to simply convince the society members to buy their products. Promotion is one of the leading weapons in sales and distribution if done in an effective manner. SAP SD is useful in generating low of new ideas on the same. In addition to this, it enables the organizations to manage all their promotions in a cost effective manner. The organizations are free to enhance their sales and so does profit by considering this approach.
Q21) Can you name a few strategies which you think can cut down the overall cost of distribution?
1. Selling directly to the consumers
2. Investing on a proper tool such as SAP SD
3. Building a dedicated customer care department
4. Assuring delivery of right products at the right time to avoid re-scheduling of deliveries
5. Maintaining a storing distribution channel
Q22) What according to you is the best method to consider when the point of delivery is too far from the manufacturing unit?
This can be done by making business tie-ups such as with a national courier service or with a shipping company.
Q23) What do you mean by the term sales?
It is nothing but the exchange of services or goods by manufacturer against money. In most of the organizations and business, it is the major function for generating the revenues. Sales are of significance importance for any business. It is nothing but sales which actually enable businesses to grow and expand. Maintaining and increasing sales is something towards which every business has to make sincere efforts in the current scenario.
Q24) Can you name the various Sales documents types which are available in the SAP SD?
These are Standard Order, Debit Memo request, Credit Memo request and Returns
Q25) What do you mean by the term condition prices in sales and distribution process?
It reflects all the conditions or the aspects that can influence the daily pricing of a product. There are actually certain factors on which the same depends largely and the organizations have to make sure that all the conditions can go smoothly and in an easy manner.
Q26) What do you mean by the term PGI? Can it be cancelled?
It is nothing but a sort of verification done on the stock once it is delivered. The cancellation is not always possible in all the cases.
Q27) What is the use of SAP Return order?
It is basically a feature in the SAP that acknowledges that a product has been returned by the customer due to a specified or an unspecified reason. In such a case, the next step is to decide whether the customer is to be returned the actual amount paid by him or a complementary service.
Q28) What is SAP Posting Period?
It is basically a time period in which the sales order are aligned with the financial posting date. It helps marinating the customer accounts and enables the organizations to make sure of favorable fortune in understanding the issues that can declare their presence with the customers.
Q29) How the conflicts can be addressed in sales and distribution?
By establishing an effective a complain readdress mechanism in the customer care department. These can be done. Doing this is of significance important in the modern data business to maintain the trust of clients towards a business. Without same, a business can lose grip on sales and thus on profits.
Q30) What is Copy control sin the SAP SD?
It is nothing but the process of simply copying the data from the source to the target document.
Q31) what are the highest organizational units among SD, MM, PP, FICO?
The highest org units are as follows:
Q32) What are the elements of SAP SD Enterprise Structure?
Some of the organizational units:
Q34) In sales order what info is obtained from the sold-to party customer master in SAP SD?
We can derive Shipping conditions, Incoterms from the sold-to party in the sales order.
Q35) How do you restrict the user to order materials?
Yes, we can restrict the materials a customer can order using Material listing.
Q36) What can you do with table control in sales orders?
By using table control in sales orders we can achieve, Rearrange the sequence of the table columns, Create a personalized display variant, Hide columns.
Q37) In sales order, Availability check (ATP) is performed at which organizational level?
At Plant organization level availability check (ATP) is performed.
Q38) What are the types of Enterprise Structure?
There are the following types of enterprise structure:
Q39) What are the most important Master Data in SAP SD?
The most important master data for SD Processes are:
Q40) What are VPRS, EK01 and EK02 condition types used for in SAP SD?
These three are Cost related condition types in SAP SD.
1. VPRS (Internal Cost): It cost is mainly used to determine whether the material is having the standard price or moving average price.
2. EK01 (Actual Cost): It is used to is used to post actual price.
3. EK02 (Calculated Cost): It is used for statistical posting.
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules