If you're looking for BizTalk Server Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research BizTalk Server has a market share of about 15.6%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in BizTalk Server Development. Mindmajix offers Advanced BizTalk Server Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as BizTalk Server Developer.
Q: Define BizTalk and its functions?
BizTalk is a Business Process Management Server system from Microsoft, and is basically a message based integration tool. With this server system, large enterprises can automate and integrate its organizational procedures. This has been made possible by customizing the communication system among various software systems of an organization. It provides some fundamentals functions like Business Practice Modeling, B2B Communication, Process Automation and EAI. BizTalk helps enterprises to integrate and manage various processes by exchanging various documents like Purchase Order, Invoicing within and across the boundaries of the organization.
Q: Name the different Components of BizTalk server.
Following are the different components of BizTalk server.
1. Receive Port – Listening Messages
2. Adapters – Interchanging Information with External Systems.
3. Pipeline, Dissembler and subcomponents.
4. Message –Box – Internal XML messages published and consumed by users.
5. BizTalk orchestration Engine - Processes internal XML messages and republishes them to message box.
6. Send Port – Consumes internal XML messages, converts them to wire messages by the connected pipeline and assembler.
7. Adapter – Conveys wire messages to the target.
Q: What is direct Binding in Biz Talk Server?
Direct Binding is the process through which messages are sent from one orchestration to another. It is also utilized for sending messages into the message box. It is indispensable in the Microsoft’s publish and subscribe system in BizTalk for sending messages amongst orchestration.
Q: What is a distinguished field in BizTalk server?
A pipeline is required to write Distinguished Field in the message when it is being received on a port. Dis-assembler pipeline component such as XML and flat file disassemble does the task of writing the message context by the pipeline. In addition to it, custom pipeline component might be performing the task too.
Q: How to transfer files without using Orchestration?
1. We can do this by content based routing to transfer files.
2. We can create, receive and send port. If the send port is configuring, we can provide the condition as BTS
Q: What is BizTalk business process configuration?
We can set parameters for an orchestration that implements a business process, which professional analysts might not be able to create, as they are used to practice with traditional methods. Parameters for creating an orchestration can be defined to enable developers to configure it. An information worker sets the parameters using TPM services by specifying their values in the agreement.
Q: What is a trading partner management in BizTalk?
Information workers manage trading partner relations within organizations. Business Activity Services include a Trading Partner Agreement Component to allow them to do accordingly. TPM databases preserves information about trading relations. Information workers create and modify the agreements with trading partners who use BizTalk Server.
Q: Explain differences between BizTalk server and Web services?
1. BizTalk is a service while a Web service is standard for ethical practice.
2. BizTalk is a services rendered by Microsoft whereas Web Services is developed by many organizations.
3. BizTalk is an application built for an enhancing the efficiency of an organization’s internal operations, whereas Web services are small application using UDDI so that general users may access them as and when they are in need.
4. A service like BizTalk is empowered by Web services, whereas Web services are a neutral platform.
Q: Explain the difference between Routing and Content Routing?
Message routing is a technique of passing through BizTalk without being processed, whereas content routing is the technique of the message which is based on certain field value of the schema.
Q: Define Content Based Routing.
Content based Routing offers the flexibility for users who prefer to route messages based on envelope or on receive port configuration properties. Routing can be carried out based on information contained in the envelope of the file or even configuration information from the receive location. Any BizTalk server business process involves receiving, processing and sending messages. Some messages do not require intensive processing in orchestration. They can benefit from an effortless and efficient solution better known as Content based routing.
Q: Define BizTalk Server Convoy and correlation sets.
BizTalk server detects the potential for specific race conditions, which ensures that all correlated messages are received by the same orchestration instance. The potentiality of these race conditions is sensed by BizTalk server. These messages are treated as a convoy. All such messages which match with the general subscription are evaluated against the convoy set and the matched convoys are routed through an existing port.
Q: How rules engine is provided in BizTalk server?
A rule engine is provided as component of a business rule management system, which provides the abilities such as define, register, classify and manage all rules, verifies consistency of rules definitions, defining relationships among rules and relates them to IT applications which are effected by one or more rules.
Q: List the persistent Points
Following is the list of persistent points:
1. Orchestration instance is suspended or finished
2. System shutdowns in a controlled manner
3. Engine determines it want to dehydrate
4. Atomic or long running transactional scope ends
5. At debugging breakpoints
6. Execution of other orchestrations through the start orchestration shape
7. At the send shape.
Q: Describe the persistence points.
1. The procedure of saving your running orchestration states ate certain point is called persistence.
2. Orchestration Engine persist a running instance which is based on the design of orchestration.
3. There are few events or stages which triggers the persistence operation called persistence points.
Q: Define BizTalk Servers rules Engine?
A rules engine is a software system which is used for executing one or more business rules in a dynamic production environment. The rules might be from legal; regulations, company policies or any other resources.
Q: What is promoted property in BizTalk Server?
The promotional of prompted fields properties is done in the message context by a pipeline called receive pipeline at the time when a message is received on a port. This task is performed by dis-assembler pipeline component (XML or a flat file dis-assembler) In addition to it; custom pipeline component could also be performing it.
Q: What is BAM in BizTalk Server?
Business data and process milestones are captured by Business Activity Monitoring system which is a module in Biz Talk. Business decision makers are allowed by BAM for gaining insight for their in-flight process.
Q: Describe the purpose of BAM in BizTalk Server.
Purpose of deriving up-to-date metrics and key performance indicators from BAM databases, Business integration tools are used. The forecasting of process trends by uses and monitors processes in real time scenario is done by using BI tools. Users get alerts for situations which need their intervention for preventing undesirable outcome for encouraging beneficial results, a mechanism is provided by BAM.
Q: How to use message types?
1. Right click messages in the orchestration View Tab to create a new message, you have four choices for the Message Type Property
2. Expand Multi- Part Message type’s ands then choose Create New Multipart Message Type.
3. Name your Multipart message type and then expand it so that you can see its message part_1 member
4. Set the Message Body Part property to true so that it acts just like a regular message.
Q: How to change the message type?
1. Before jumping in to do as the error message suggests, let’s think for a moment about what that requires
2. Inspect every Receive and Send shape to determine if it uses a Message variable that’s associated with the schema you want to change.
3. It’s not a good practice to create a single orchestration with so many Receive/Send shapes
4. Delete Port connection, once you find all the Receive Send Shapes.
5. Change the message variable so that the message type property is set to the new schema and then re-associate the message variable with each Receive/Send shape.
6. Find all the port Types that are associated with ports you disconnected from Receive/ Send shapes and reset their operation’s message Type Properties.
7. Use a Multi-Part Message Type to wrap the underlying schema. It’s flexible and saves time in the long run.
Q: What is the message type in BizTalk server?
Messages in BizTalk are data and each message must be of a selected message type. E-Mail, Documents, Info-Paths form, large binary files, SQL records, flat files and anything XML can be processed as messages. BizTalk is all about messages and message oriented programming. The most common message type in BizTalk is a schema.
Q: What BizTalk enables for organizations?
BizTalk enables large scale organizations to integrate and operate business procedure by exchanging business documents between applications across the organizational boundaries.
Q: What is BizTalk server 2000?
BizTalk server 2000 is based on the BizTalk framework. It provides the infrastructure and tools to enables B2B e-commerce integration.
Q: What does BizTalk provide?
BizTalk provides cost effectiveness in organizational operations. When used in internal IT projects and can be used in externally focused solution too.
Q: What is Correlation in BizTalk servers?
An orchestration can have more than one instance running simultaneously. Even though each of those multiple instances performs the same action, it does it on different data contained within a message. Correlation is a process of associating an incoming message with the appropriate instance of an orchestration. For example if your orchestration issues a purchase order, receives an invoice and sends a payment, the developer must make certain that the invoice message is received by the orchestration instance which corresponds to the orchestration that sent the purchase order. Without correlation, it would be possible to send out an invoice for thousands of items even though the purchase order is for one. And each correlation is based on a set of properties known as correlation types.
Q: What is the difference between Property Schema and Document Schema?
A Documents schema is used to define a message. It is a definition on an XML message with optional extensions for flat files. EDI file, etc, that’s enables the parsers to convert the native format into XML. A Property schema is used to define messages contexts properties. This can be of type MessageDataPropertyBase (the property value is promoted or demoted from to the message itself) or MessageContextPropertyBase (property value only exists within the message context and can be set by adapters, pipelines or within orchestrations). If you wish to promote a field from a message into the context then you need to define a document schema and property schema. In the document schema you promote the required field using the property schema to define the property type that will be used in the message context.
Q: Lists some of the Artifacts of BizTalk server?
6. Role Links
7. Send Ports and Send Port Groups
8. Receive Ports
9. Receive Locations
14. Business Activity Servers.
Q: What is a business Orchestration Dehydration and Rehydration Process?
Dehydration is a situation when the orchestration has been idle for a while, the orchestration engine will save the state information of the instance and free up memory resources
Rehydration is a message when received or else when a timeout has expired, the orchestration engine can be automatically triggered to rehydrate the instance – it is that point that the orchestration engine loads the saved instance of the orchestration into memory, restores the state and runs its from the point it left off.
Q: What is the default mapping for auto mapping?
The default mapping for auto mapping is mapping by Structure. This can be changed to by node name in the map properties.
Q: What is message type in BizTalk server?
BizTalk sets a message context property called BTS Message Type. This is a concentration of the document name space and Rot Node Name in other words Message Type is a BizTalk system property that is promoted inside a Pipleine. It is made up of Documents Name Space and Root Node Name
|SSRS||SQL Server DBA|
|SCCM||Team Foundation Server|
|SharePoint||BizTalk Server Administrator|
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.