If you're looking for Hyperion Financial Management Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Hyperion Financial Management has a market share of about 2.5%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in Hyperion Financial Management. Mindmajix offers Advanced Hyperion Financial Management Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as Hyperion Financial Management Developer.
Q.What is HFM?
Oracle Hyperion Financial Management is a web based financial consolidation tool.
Q.What is Consolidation?
Consolidation is aggregating the Base level entities amounts with the Parent level entities amounts.
Q.How many Custom dimensions are there in HFM?
Here you need to answer as per your HFM version.
Ex: 9 version to 22.214.171.124 version only we having 4 custom dimension. After that versions are like (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) having 100 custom dimensions.
Q.Can you please Explain 8 standard dimensions?
Those 8 Standard dimensions are like
Q.What is HFM ARCHITECTURE?
Hyperion Financial Management is designed to operate as a multi-tier system.
- The client tier contains the user interface and the ability to communicate with the application tier. You can display data and metadata, enter data, and maintain metadata in this tier.
- The Web server tier contains the Web server. You can access the Web-enabled portions of Hyperion Financial Management in this tier. The Hyperion Financial Management Web client contains all functionality available in the Windows client with the exception of security administration.
- The middle tier contains the domain intelligence and connections to the relational database.
- The data tier contains the relational database and all Hyperion Financial Management data and metadata.
Q.What are HFM services you need to start?
1. Hyperion Foundation Shared Services – Web Application
2. HFM- DME Listener
3. Hyperion Web Service Manager
4. Hyperion Workspace- Agent Application
5. Hyperion Workspace- Web Application
Q.Services dependency means?
Hyperion is dependent on services. Means services are to be started in a specified sequence only.
Q.How many Environments do you having in your Project?
We having 3 environments .Those are
1. Development Environment
2. QA Environment
3. Production Environment
Q.What is application profile; can we change application profile at any point of time?
An application profile contains language, calendar, frequency, and period information for an Application. No, application profile once created cannot be changed.
Q.What are the dimensions will be covered while creating Application Profile?
Year, Period, View.
Q.How many Account types in HFM?
We have 10 Account types in HFM.
Q.Explain those Account types in account dimension?
There are 10 account types –
6. Balance recurring
9. Group label
10. Currency Rate
Q.What is COA?
COA is nothing but chart of accounts, whatever the members we will define under the account dimension will be called sometimes chart of accounts (COA)
Q.What is the difference between switch sign for and switch type for and in which dimension it exists?
It exists in custom dimension
Switch sign for: It is ticked to change
1. ASSET to LIABILITY
2. LIABILITY to ASSET
3. EXPENSE to REVENUE
4. REVENUE to EXPENSE
Switch type for: It is ticked to change
1. ASSET to EXPENSE
2. EXPENSE to ASSET
3. LIABILITY to REVENUE
4. REVENUE to LIABILITY
5. BALANCE to FLOW
6. FLOW to BALANCE
Q.What does a balance sheet contain?
In financial accounting, a balance sheet is a summary of the financial balances of a company. Assets, liabilities and ownership equity are listed as of a specific date, such as the end of its financial year.
Get Updates on Tech posts, Interview & Certification questions and training schedules