Informatica MDM Tutorial
Recommended by 0 users
Informatica MDM Tutorial
This tutorial gives you an overview and talks about the fundamentals of Informatica MDM.
What is Informatica MDM ?
- The Informatica® master data management product family empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise.
- The product family delivers true multidomain master data management, empowering you with limitless opportunities to start with any type of business-critical data and add as many different domains as you like.
- Widely recognized for its best-of-breed performance, Informatica master data management products provide comprehensive support for all MDM requirements on a single platform, including data integration, profiling, quality, and master data management.
- The application approach to MDM starts with the user interface, then moves to business logic and finally the data model. Informatica’s Platform approach starts with the data model, then moves to business logic and the user interface.
Informatica’s Platform approach to MDM
- The software uniquely identifies all master data, as well as the relationships within it, stored in different formats and multiple systems. It reconciles inconsistent, duplicate, and conflicting data into the single best version of the truth—a golden record for the enterprise.
- Unlike other MDM applications with fixed data models, which force you to begin with a single domain (such as customer or product), Informatica MDM is remarkably flexible and scalable. You can start your MDM project with any domain, and then, as needs grow and change over time, add domains to the same data model and define the relationships among the different data domains.
- Informatica MDM’s data model, business rules, security, and data stewardship functions can be easily configured to support your environment. Informatica MDM is quickly deployed and easily maintained so that your organization accelerates time to value. Go live in months—not years. Informatica ETL features will be discussed in informatica training.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible business model- driven MDM to meet unique business requirements.
- Complex hierarchy management to reveal valuable relationships between data.
- Rapidly deployable and multi-domain extendable
- Increase operational efficiency through confidence in a unique trust framework.
For more information about Informatica, please refer http://www.informatica.com