What is Informatica?
Informatica is basically an enterprise that renders data integration products. The products include ETL, Data Quality, Data Virtualization, Data Management, etc. Although it moves data from one place to another, it doesn’t store anything.
Informatica is the widely used tool that commonly refers to Informatica PowerCentre ETL tool. It connects, fetches and processes data from various heterogeneous sources. The newest version of Informatica PowerCenter in practice is 9.6.0. Informatica offers a wide range of editions such as:
User can opt a specific edition depending upon the necessity. U.S Air Force, Samsung, ING are some of the popular clients that are employing Informatica.
Informatica is available for all the popular platforms. It offers cloud-based services where a tool can be set up with minimal efficiency. Informatica offers:
- Web services integration
- Real-time integration
- B2B Integration
- Master Data Management
- An enterprise that wants to migrate from the existing mainframe legacy system into the latest database system.
- Enables powerful B2B exchange with end-to-end visibility.
- Enterprises setting up a data warehouse must install an ETL tool to transfer data.
- Data from several heterogeneous systems can be integrated using Informatica.
- Informatica can be employed as a data cleanser.
Related Article: Informatica Concepts
Why do we need Informatica?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Informatica comes to rescue whenever the data system in the backend wants to execute certain operations. The operations can be: data cleansing, data modification, data loading, etc.
Informatica offers varied set of features, like, operating data, integrating data and scheduling data operations. It also includes the metadata feature, where data operations are well-preserved.
Components of Informatica:
Below services form the Informatica PowerCenter Processing engine:
• Integration Service – Conducts and Implements ETL Logic.
• Repository – This database contains ETL metadata.
• Repository Service – Handles connectivity to the metadata repositories. Mapping and workflow definitions are saved.
• Repository Service Process – This multi-threaded process retrieves, inserts and updates repository metadata.
Related Article: Informatica PowerCenter
Informatica client applications are the tools that are used to produce transformations, handle metadata and monitor ETL processes.
• Designer – A tool that develops ETL mappings.
• Workflow Manager – Creates and executes workflows.
• Repository Manager – Manages target connections, folders, objects, etc.
• Workflow Monitor - Monitor workflows.
• Administrator Console – Performs domain and repository tasks
List of Informatica Courses:
Mindmajix offers training for many of other Informatica courses depends on your requirement:
|Informatica Analyst||Informatica PIM|
|Informatica SRM||Informatica MDM|
|Informatica Data Quality||Informatica ILM|
|Informatica Big Data Edition||Informatica Multi-Domain MDM|