The Service Operation (SO) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL Service Lifecycle workstream. This module focuses on the principles, processes, operational activities and functions that enable organizations and individuals how to successfully manage their products and services to perform. These activities can also help improve their IT Service Management.
In short, Service operation encompasses the day-to-day activities, processes, and infrastructure responsible for delivering value to the business through technology.
The core challenge when it comes to SERVICE OPERATION is to provide regular services while responding efficiently and effectively in a manner that will improve value for customers. Activities in the Service Operation should be well performed, controlled, and managed.
People involved in service delivery require support tools and processes for them to have a holistic perspective of operation and service delivery to determine any risks or possibility of failures on service security and quality. An important challenge is to present a general view of an end-to-end service, which includes the technical and business perspective, instead of just individual components.
Most services are delivered by several suppliers. One key challenge is to get a good grasp and deal with the end-to-end service with the factors that are externally supplied and handling process workflows throughout organizations. In addition, service providers must properly respond and effectively adapt to changes in the demand needs of users as service demands changes.
Choosing and using the best practices when it comes to Service Operation can help any organization to provide the following substantial benefits:
1. Allow the organizations and end users to receive value from the services by minimizing downtime
2. Decrease unexpected costs by effective management of service outages and identifying their underlying causes
3. Allowing continuous enhancement and better investment decision making by offering operational results and information for decision support
4. Achieve the organizational goals, especially in the security policy by ensuring that IT services will only be used by certified professionals
5. Facilitate improvement in the productivity as well as the quality of business products and services by offering fast and effective access to basic services
ITIL Related Articles:
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
|ITIL Training||Feb 04 to Feb 19|
|ITIL Training||Feb 07 to Feb 22|
|ITIL Training||Feb 11 to Feb 26|
|ITIL Training||Feb 14 to Mar 01|
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 - 2023 MindMajix Technologies