In this article, we have listed out Top Agile Project Management Tools that are being widely used within organizations across the globe.
Why do we need Project Management Software?
Is it really important to accomplish a project within a specified timeline?
Using Project Management tool is expensive, do we really need it?
Well, these are all different kinds of questions one would get in mind while venturing out new tools and software to boost up our productivity and finally makes our life a little easier.
So, have you ever used emails as a communication channel to send documents, multiple action items, to-do lists to clients and facing big-time issue tracking these on a daily basis?
If you are going through one of the above problems then it is time to venture out some Project Management tools to have all your execution plans intact and don’t have to worry about the keep tracking your email chains every time when you need any information.
Using Project Management tools is essential and increases the chances of successfully completing the project on time and within the budget, irrespective of the size of the project. I.e. small or large project.
What are the Benefits of Agile Project Management Tools?
Using Project Management tool will make you more focused on the action items
- It helps you stay organized as the work has been distributed within the team.
- It helps you stay updated with the latest updates about each individual task and no more running behind developers or checking emails for project updates. It is a one-stop shop for all project related updates.
- It helps you monitor your tasks and have them completed within the scheduled time.
- Helps to reorganize priorities if in case of any last minutes dropouts or issues within the development team.
Now, we will go through a top-level Agile project management tools that you can leverage on.
List of Top Agile Project Management Tools
Here is an Agile Project Management Tools List:
Tool #1 - BaseCamp
- Basecamp is considered to be one of the top most used project management tool throughout the world.
- It has a simple interactive user interface which makes it be to stand out compared to the competitors.
- The user can create multiple projects and create group discussions, manage to-do lists Basecamp can accommodate completely.
- The entire layout of the tool is responsive so you can access the tool from your mobile device as well.
- Basecamp has to offer different packages to cater to all types of customers. They have very generous plans for students and teachers and competitive packages for small level businesses as well.
- They are very generous in terms of giving back to society so for non-profit organizations and charities, they offer a 10% discount.
- For active businesses, they charge $99/ month. This is a flat rate, yes it is the flat price. So this means an unlimited number of users from your company can use, an unlimited number of projects that can be created.
- A free 30 trial is also available, always please try using the tool before purchase.
Tool #2 - TeamWork
Teamwork is considered another best tool in the market for project management activities. It is focused to improve productivity within projects but effectively collaborating with all the team members with the help of this tool.
The entire project can be visualized within a calendar format highlighting the major milestones and Gantt chart setup which is used for reporting purposes.
All the documents for the project can be stored in a single place. The file management is achieved with the help of
- Google Drive
- This tool caters to all different types of businesses ( i.e. from small scale to Enterprise-level organizations).
- Offers a 30 day trial period.
- Small-scale companies can utilize this for $69/month. There is no restriction on the number of users using the tool but has a restriction in terms of a number of projects created and space.
- Mid Level companies can utilize this for $169/ month. There is no restriction on the number of users using the tool but has a restriction in terms of a number of projects created and space.
- Enterprise Level companies, a custom quote will be provided by communicating with their sales team.
Tool #3 - ActiveCollab
ActiveCollab has recently released its new version 5.0. With this new version and revamped app, it is a more powerful and focused project management tool. The following are a set of features that are very useful for a Project Manager to effectively manage the entire project.
- Collaborating features
- Task management
- Time tracking
- Importing expenses and handling
All the invoices can be handled within this tool itself and all the payments are done via PayPal and other major credit card payments.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- Activecollab project management tool pricing is based on a number of users and space.
- Their cheapest plan is $25/ month in which 5 users can use the tool with 5GB space
- An unlimited user plan is $299/month in which 500GB space is allocated.
Tool #4 - Zoho
Zoho projects offer a wide range of options for users who are looking for an effective project management tool. Using this tool, project managers can proficiently manage the entire project right from the start to finish line.
It has some dynamic and advanced features which include reporting and integration with third-party vendors like Google Apps, DropBox, Bug tracking tools, etc.
Also, users have an option to build wiki forms which will be used as a repository of information for further use.
- This tool offers a free package where the user will be able to create only 1 project with 10MB storage restriction.
- Further, they are offering $25, $50, $80 /month packages where the users, number of projects and storage space restrictions are applicable.
Tool #5 - Trello
Trello is one of my best project management tools that I have used and liked its presentation. Using this tool one can see the entire roadmap of the project on a single screen in a single view.
All the tasks or to-do lists are tagged as cards and these cards can be categorized into different categories. A simple drag and drop functionality is available for the users to move the tasks from one category to another category.
The team members can be associated based on the project boards created within this tool. Further, they will be able to collaborate and comment at the task level. All this is visible in a single view.
The best part with Trello, it is free to use. No restrictions at all.
- Trello offers packages in three different variations.
- The free package where the unlimited number of users can use the tool and collaborate.
- Business Class package is $9.99/ month/user when paid annually. This includes all the free stuff and on top of it enables all third-party integrations
- Enterprise-level package is $20.83/ month/user when paid annually. This includes all the free stuff and on top of it enables third-party integrations and also caters to 2 layer authentication to safeguard your project related data.
Tool #6 - ProofHub
ProofHub is a user-friendly and feature-rich cloud project management tool that enables users to effortlessly manage all stages of a project from planning to delivering output on time. This project management software supports both large scale and small scale businesses and also for freelancers and consultants to handle complex planning needs and supervise the workflow 24/7 in order to meet business goals.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegation and assignments
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
- Gantt charts
- Supports multiple languages
- Time tracking, workflows, and boards
- Customized file upload window
- Ultimate Control - $89/month
- Essential - $45/month
- You can try 14-day free trial version along with all features
Tool #7 - Asana
Asana is classified as one of the best looking project management tools in the market. The User interface is simple and doesn’t need any user education to use the project management tool.
Users will be able to create projects, tasks, assigned the work, account for the work estimations, completely organize the work within the team.
The best part of this project management tool is that you can check your work from any part of the world and at any time. Asana has their own mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms.
This tool is free for about 15 users and if also offers customized pricing to cater to medium to large enterprises.
- This tool offers free access to 15 member team limitation
- A paid version of this tool, $9.99/member/month when paid annually
Tool #8 - Podio
Podio is a unique tool which can be used in different scenarios, it can be used as
- Communication tool,
- Project management tool
- It can be transformed into a CRM system.
All regular project management activities can be availed using this tool, this is still evolving tools where we can observe continuous updates from them.
This tool can be your internal intranet for all of your employees within a business and departments to interact on a daily basis.
Upcoming Batches - Agile Training!
6:30 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
7:00 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
This is customizable according to your needs. With this feature, a lot of small and mid-level companies can take advantage of this customized tool and pay for what they need rather than having a lot of unnecessary functionalities that don’t mean anything.
- The subscription charges are different if paid monthly vs paid annually
Tool #9 - Freedcamp
Freedcamp tool can be classified as a planning tool. Using this tool one can plan and organize a software project or a wedding or an event. This tool helps you to plan efficiently and effectively.
With the help of an effectively organized dashboard, it is easy for the users to view the entire project at a glance. Using the interface you can easily set up tasks, to-do lists and finally organize into the calendar.
With the premium packages, this tool also provides the following features:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Issue Tracking
- Setting up wiki pages as help forms
- The subscription charges are different if paid monthly vs paid annually.
Tool #10 - Wrike
This is one of the best project management tools as this is widely used throughout the world. This tool helps you work smarter compared to all other tools. Using this tool will ensure that the project tasks are intact with the timelines provided and helps you mitigate risks.
Third-party tools like, Google Drive, Excel, Dropbox can easily be worked with Wrike. With a simple click of a button, you can turn your emails into tasks.
- They have a variety of plans catering to all types of business's needs.
Tool #11 - Jira
This tool is known for the Bug tracking tool within the IT industry but it also caters to all the requirements of a project management tool. It provides a beautiful view of all the bugs that are open and how much amount of time is spent on each task for closure, and display list of outstanding bugs all the time.
With Jira, third-party applications can be easily integrated. For example, Hipchat is audio video, file sharing platform.
- Provides a 7 day trial period. Please use the tool before making any purchases.
- Flat $10 /month for 0-10 users
- Flat $7/month for 11-100 users
It doesn’t really matter which tool you are using at the end of the day, but it matters whether you are actually using a project management tool or not in your work life. So please do make sure to inculcate a habit to use a project management tool to run your projects within the estimated timeline and budget.