Agile is one of the most in-demand software development methodologies that gives a flexible approach to building the right product as per clients' needs.
In this article, we would discuss what the top 20 Agile project management tools are. Before listing the Agile tools, it is important to know why is an agile project management tool important?
Agile project management tools help to organize and track the progress of the task. Here, we have given the updated list of most efficient Agile tools. So, if you are confused about which one to choose or what is the best agile tool in the market, this article is definitely for you.
Interested in mastering Agile Project Management? Enroll now to learn "Agile Training Online".
Top 20 Agile Project Management Tools in 2021
Here is the list of Agile project management tools:
Tool #1. ProofHub
ProofHub is a project management tool offering multiple project features under one roof. It is very easy to understand where the user can edit information without starting all over again which helps teams to coordinate plans in a better way and ensure to finish the work within deadlines.
ProofHub Features List:
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats, Gantt Charts
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Mobile and tablet compatibility
- Advanced search and Secure file storage
- Supports multiple languages
- Customized file upload window
- Time tracking, workflows, and boards
- Essential plan: $50.00/month billed monthly
- Ultimate Control plan: $99.00/month billed monthly
Tool #2. Kanbanize
Kanbanize is a professional project management software comprised of features that help users optimize workflow and organize work better by keeping track of projects. It breaks the project into multiple levels of hierarchical work items and offers unmatched transparency to improve flow on the global level.
- Agile timelines for flexible project planning
- Different workflows on a single platform
- Business rules to automate your process
- Email integration to send and receive messages directly in Kanbanize
- Time tracking
- Analytics for supervising performance to identify room for improvement
License Seats 1–15 Users -$119 / month
Tool #3. Wrike
Wrike is an agile project management tool that boosts information exchange among the teams to manage the project efficiently. It is an award-winning online work management platform enriched with easy integration features ideal for more significant organizations.
Wrike Features List:
- Organized file management
- Native mobile app
- Collaborative editing
- Easy time tracking
- Visual timelines
- Seamless communication
- Resource Management
- Customizable workflows
- Reporting using real-time data
Starting at $9.80/user per month
Tool #4. Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is an agile project management tool that helps teams to plan, track, and complete the ongoing project. It breakdowns projects into smaller chunks and lets teams prioritize the pieces to complete the work on time.
Pivotal Tracker Features:
- Support for Active Resource
- Project transparency at a glance
- Ability to get a list of all the projects
- Stay updated with the project's progress with the tracker’s built-in charts
- Move and edit multiple stories at once
- Workflow transparency
Starts at $15.00 per month, per user
Tool #5. Trello
Trello is one of the best agile project management tools that are a great fit for projects such as marketing projects, support tracking, HR tracking, sales pipelines, etc. that are not financial in nature because it doesn't have any invoicing or budgeting features.
Trello Features List:
- free or zero Price for the basic service
- quick overview on front and back of cards
- An easy organization with tags, labels, and categories
- drag and drop functionality
- checklists, with a progress meter
- easy uploading of files and attachments
- data filtering and in-line editing
- deadline reminders and email notifications
- SSL encryption of data
- activity log
- information retrieval and back-up
- texts and visuals fit any screen size
- Search function
- mobile functionality
- Business Class – $9.99 per user/month
- Enterprise – $20.83 or less per user/month
Tool #6. Taiga
Taiga is a cloud-based agile project management tool free used by small developers, designers, project managers, etc. It consists of customizable functionality such as Kanban boards and backlogs. It enables users to assign tasks and get them fixed.
- Open source Agile project management tool
- Issue tracking
- You can make video calls to team members
- Supports Scrum and Kanban
- Multiplatform importers
- Epics multi-project
Starts at $3.00 per month
Tool #7. Zoho Sprints
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Zoho Sprints is a user-friendly and straightforward agile project management tool that can be used by people to manage their work with proper supervision. Users can create stories, add estimation points, prepare personalized Scrum boards, and schedule meetings from one place.
Zoho Sprints Features:
- Billable & Nonbillable Hours Invoicing
- Burndown and Burnup Chart
- Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Custom Status
- Dashboard Overview
- Drag-and-drop feature
- Global Timer
- One-Click Time Log Approval
- Reminder Alerts
- Sprint Activity
- User Assignments
- Velocity Chart
- Weekly Digest
$12/month first 12 users
Tool #8. JIRA
Do you know what the popular tool used in Agile is? It is nothing but JIRA, the best software development tool that agile teams can use for better project management. With JIRA, dashboards can be customized to look like business processes.
Features of JIRA:
- Polished user experience
- Unlimited custom fields
- Advanced reporting
- Mobile interface
- Available for download
- Powerful search and filtering
- Bugs and defect management
- Seamless source and issue integration
- Integration with flexible REST APIs
- Powerful and customizable workflows
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards
- Advanced security and administration
- Easily import data from other systems
- Available OnDemand in the cloud
$10/month for 1 to 10 users
Tool #9. RaveTree
RaveTree is a fully integrated agile tool that helps project-driven agencies to handle their project and budgets in an organized manner. With its amazing features, it simplifies communication between the team members and helps them to gain insight from statistics to keep them informed in real-time for better output.
The main Features of RaveTree are:
- Automated Alerts
- Customizable Request Forms
- Resource Forecasting
- Personalized Notification Controls
- Granular Permission Settings
- File Approval Workflows
- Custom Fields & Tables
$39 per user/month
Tool #10. Zephyr
Zephyr is the no. 1 selling project management tool, providing end-to-end results to project-oriented organizations of different sizes. Get the required visibility, insights, and flexibility you need to release better software.
Key Features of Zephyr:
- 1-click integration with JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Jenkins, and more
- Server, and Data Center Deployment Options
- Futuristic Analytics and DevOps Dashboards
- No Annual Commitment Required
$10/month for ten users
---------------Explore Here About Agile Production Service Index in Agile Metrics---------------
Tool #11. IceScrum
IceScrum is an agile project management tool with myriad features built on an open-source agile core. IceScrum helps materialize vision and ensures that work deadlines are always met.
- First-class Scrum & Agile support
- Agile indicators: Sprint velocity, team capacity, advanced reports, burnup, and burndown charts.
- High-level vision with LeSS, SAFe, agile roadmaps
- Seamless online collaboration
- Customer support
Starts at $11.82 per month.
Tool #12. Hansoft
Hansoft is an on-premise tool for agile project management that allows users to streamline workflows using advanced methodologies such as kanban and scrum and analyze their business performance. The Gantt charts and dashboard features help team members to track performance metrics to produce better output.
- Native Windows
- Native OSX
- Native Linux
- Gantt charts
- Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Common Product Backlog
- Flexible Release Tagging
- Program Planning
- Portfolio Overview
- Quality Assurance
- Insight Sharing
$28 per user and month.
Tool #13. Clarizen
Clarizen is a cloud-based project management tool that helps businesses to move forward by offering configurable workflows and multiple customized features to handle businesses better and support the entire work lifecycle.
Clarizen Features List:
- Flexibility and full visibility for all divisions
- Social collaboration
- Budget tracking & expense management
- Supports different workstyles and hybrid methodologies
- Automated and repeatable processes, alerts, and workflows
- Professional Edition costs $29.95 per user/per month
- Enterprise Edition costs $44.95 per user/ per month
- Unlimited Edition costs $54.95 per user/ per month
Tool #14. Basecamp
Basecamp is the preferred agile project management tool for thousands of teams, who enjoy its social media-like interface and team collaboration features. In this software, functionalities are bind together with a user-friendly program that can run in minutes.
Top features of Basecamp:
- In-app collaboration with a team
- Email and desktop notifications
- Reporting on project performance
- Separate dashboard for showing to clients
- Message boards for discussing new projects or ideas
$99/month for unlimited users
Tool #15. Asana
Asana is a work platform that combines elements of project management, file storage, and helps to handle and monitor projects across a team without email. Users can set priorities and deadlines, assign tasks to team members and much more in one place to stay on track and get the expected output.
Top features of Asana:
- Break your work into multiple visual tasks, and assign it to team members
- Pinpoint risks and eliminate read blocks
- Organize projects for roadmaps and timelines
- Review milestones, and monitor the team’s progress
- Get notified about projects status
- Use project dashboards for a quick overview
Premium costs $10.99 per user/month (billed annually)
Tool #16. Notion
Notion, another great agile project management tool that helps to plan, discuss projects, share everything with the team member, and keep track of all the ideas. This platform helps us to create customized layouts and toolkit and provide the ability to share, comment, and set reminders along with assigning the tasks.
Top features Notion:
- Keep a personal weekly checklist
- Take notes
- Drag and drop editor
- Share files
- Works across all platforms such as Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Web.
- Nest pages inside each other
- Personal plan for $4 a month,
- Team plan at $8 per member per month
Tool #17. Redmine
Redmine is a flexible project management tool written on the Rails framework. It is an open-source platform that supports multilanguage. Check out the below listed some of the fantastic features of Redmine and find out why is it customers' favorite.
Redmine Features List:
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role-based access control and issue tracking system
- Gantt chart, calendar, and Time tracking
- News, documents & files management
- Feeds & email notifications
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects, and users
- Issue creation via email
- User self-registration support
- Multilanguage support
Starts at $0.01 per month
Tool #18. Smartsheet
Smartsheet is also an agile project management tool that enables professionals to streamline workflows and achieve more. It gives scalable options that fit everyone's work preferences, improves visibility into team priorities, and maintains transparency for portfolio financials.
Smartsheet Features List:
- Project plans and schedule
- Program rollups
- Resource management
- Budget tracking
- Task tracking
- Strategic planning
- Individual costs $14 per month
- Business costs $25 per user per month,
Tool #19. ActiveCollab
ActiveCollab manages and organizes the work in the best way by tracking all tasks, discussions, and activities across all projects. It keeps the team members always updated with the information necessary for proceeding to the next step so that the user never gets surprised and has a clear overview of what work is coming along.
Features of ActiveCollab:
- Kanban cards
- Time tracking and invoicing
- Gantt-like timeline for planning
- Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
- Shared team calendar for collaboration
Starts at $6.25 per month/per user
Tool #20. Scoro
Scoro is a platform having all the required features users might need in project management software: projects & tasks, team collaboration, billing, contact management, quotes, and reporting. So, switch to this tool to get various benefits on a single platform.
Top Features of Scoro:
- Projects with sub-tasks and deadlines
- Contact management
- Real-time KPI dashboard
- Time tracking and billing for work
- Quoting and invoicing with pre-set templates
- Shared team calendar & meeting scheduling
- Detailed reports on project progress and finances
Essentials plan is $26 per user/ per month
Some of the other Agile Project Management Tools are as follows:
[Related article: Best Open Source Project Management Softwares ]
Best Agile Project Management Tools
Agile project management tools help to organize and track the progress of the business processes. There are numerous agile project management tools available. In this article, we have mentioned the top 20 Agile project management tools list that is most popular and helps in handling the projects efficiently. We hope you found the article informative.
Like always, we would love to hear from you about your view on agile tools. For any doubt, please leave your queries in the comment section.