|Six Sigma Green Belt Summary:
The Lean Six Sigma Certification includes three levels:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
This article will dig deep into the Six Sigma green belt’s central concepts, the average salaries, available job titles, benefits, and more.
What is the Six Sigma Green Belt - A Complete Guide
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Six Sigma is a Lean methodology that contains the fundamental principles of Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma. This methodology depends on the collective efforts of a team to enhance performance by the elimination of waste. Six Sigma is suitable for individuals who want to get into the field of Quality Management.
This certification is recommended for:
- Delivery Leaders
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Business Analysts/ Data Analysts
- Process Improvement Experts
- Operation Team Leaders
Although there are no specific criteria for being eligible to take the certification exam, you need a basic understanding of the different Lean and Six Sigma tools and methods.
Getting a Six Sigma Green Belt certification will help you upgrade your skills and take up the roles such as Quality Manager, Lean Manufacturing Specialist, Quality Analyst, etc. With a certificate, you will have an understanding of the different phases of D-M-A-I-C.
D-M-A-I-C stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control. It is a quality strategy that improves the Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma processes for quality assurance.
Responsibilities of a Green Belt
There are three prominent roles and responsibilities:
- Green Belts’ work is mostly technical, so they have to ensure their career development within an organization.
- They should make sure they are using their projects in practical ways to deliver their department’s goals.
- They assist the Black Belts to complete projects successfully with minimal distractions.
Structure of the Exam
Below is the typical structure of the certification exam:
- Number of questions: 100 questions (20 in each section)
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Type of exam: Multiple choice questions
- Total score: 500 points
- Minimum score: 385 points
The lean six sigma green belt course curriculum includes five universally accepted phases:
- Define Phase
- Measure Phase
- Analyze Phase
- Improve Phase
- Control Phase
Related Article: Six Sigma Interview Question and Answers
Career Opportunities for Green Belts
The different job titles available for certified green belts are:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Process Development Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Project Engineer
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Data Scientist
- Director of Performance Excellence.
Companies Hiring Green Belts:
- Thomson Reuters
Average Salaries of Green Belt
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Green Belt professional is $83,000 per annum in the US.
Some of the annual salaries for different green belt professionals based on their job roles are:
Differences between Lean and Six Sigma
In Lean, waste is a process or activity that fails to add value to the customer.
Lean professions focus on enhancing processes to create high customer value.
In Six Sigma, waste is an output of a variation within a process.
Six Sigma aims to remove waste by decreasing variability.
Lean is a set of principles that enables a business to make smarter decisions.
Six Sigma is a structured approach to identify and eliminate problems in an organization.
Lean’s leadership principles are fluid. They allow everyone, from individual contributors to prominent executives, to come together in solving organizational problems.
Six Sigma has a more structured leadership model suitable for large organizations where hierarchy is there.
Although there are differences between Lean and Six Sigma, their end goal is to make processes more efficient by eliminating waste.
Benefits of a Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
The Six Sigma Green Belt’s primary use is to enhance the quality of manufacturing process management in an organization. Some of the benefits of the certification are:
- Strategy: The primary responsibility of a green belt professional is to manage strategic-oriented projects. Strategic benefits of green belt certification include i. You can handle complicated issues in the organization in a short amount of time. ii. You can avoid internal failure costs by identifying the main reasons for the issues.
- Career development: Green belt certified professionals have the advantage of upgrading their skills that can be helpful not only to the organization but also to their individual career development. It gives you the confidence to discuss complicated problems and how to solve them and offer useful solutions.
- Financial: The certification helps in finishing projects at lower costs. With the implementation of the six sigma green belt principles, you need not use reserve funds at all. Some ways in which prices are reduced with six sigma are increasing the profitability factor, avoiding problems at the earliest stage, increasing sales, providing helpful customer feedback, etc.
- Benefits to the customer: Certified experts can offer high-quality products and services which can ensure consumer loyalty. Customers can rely on the organizations for the best services and products.
- Leading the competitive market: The advertising and sales departments of an organization can also use Six Sigma to stay ahead of their competitors. With its help, decision-making is also simplified. Currently, there is a massive demand in the market for certified green belt professionals.
In this article, we have learned about the Six Sigma Green Belt certification. It is a certification where candidates understand the necessary tools and methods in DMAIC improvement projects.
Certified Green Belts play an important role in improving processes in an organization. They learn to be team players and learn how to enhance the quality across processes within a business. In addition to process improvement, Green Belts also contribute to data inspection and project management.
Getting your Green Belt Certification will undoubtedly help you upgrade your skills and increase your dream employers’ desire.
If you’re ready to take the next step in getting your Six Sigma Green Belt certification, you can enroll in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training today.