In this tutorial you will learn how to install, configure, validate, and patch Spotfire Automation Services. In other tutorials you can learn how to add the Spotfire Application Data Services and Spotfire Statistics Services.
3. At the Configuration for mail panel, for the SMTP host, type localhost
4. Accept all subsequent defaults and complete the installation.
Deploy the Automation Services Package
4. Click Add.
5. In the Add to Deployment dialog, click Browse.
6. Navigate to select AutomationServices.spk and click Open.
7. In the Add to Deployment dialog, click OK
8. Click Save and then OK to save the deployment.
We have installed TIBCO Spotfire Automation Services. Now, we can validate it. Werecommend you close all applications in the machine before continuing.
1. Open the Spotfire Professional client. Select Start > All Programs > TIBCO > TIBCO Spotfire (show login dialog). In the login dialog, for Username and Password, type sfadmin.
2. When prompted, click Update Now.
3. In the Spotfire client, from the menu, click File > Open From > Library.
4. At the top level of the Library, double-click Demo.
5. Double-click Analysis Files.
6. Double-click Baseball.
7. Select Baseball.
8. Click Open.
9. From the Spotfire client menu, click Tools > Automation Services Job Builder.
10. In the Automation Services Job Builder, click Add and select Export Image.
11. For Destination Path, type C:UsersAdministratorDesktoptest.png and for Visualization, select Getting Started : Player Home Runs.
12. In the Automation Services Job Builder, select Tools > Execute Locally.
13. On the Desktop of your lab system, you should see a file named test.png. Open it to confirm the visualization was exported properly.
We have now validated Spotfire Automation Services Successfully.
Apply patches to Spotfire Automation Services.
Note : To find available patches, browse to the TIBCO Spotfire support web site: https://support.spotfire.com/downloads.asp
and click the appropriate link for product patches.
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.