If you're looking for TIBCO SPOTFIRE Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research TIBCO SPOTFIRE has a market share of about 1.47%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in TIBCO SPOTFIRE. Mindmajix offers Advanced TIBCO SPOTFIRE Interview Questions 2018 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as TIBCO SPOTFIRE Developer.
Q. What Is Spotfire?
Only with TIBCO Spotfire. Self-service analytics software designed to authorize every individual in your organization with data-driven decisions. TIBCO Spotfire delivers the total set of analytics, unified on a single, centrally-managed platform. Authorize all your users with smart,fast insights. TIBCO Spotfire is a software platform that allows clients to analyze data by statistics.
Q. What is TIBCO Spotfire?
Spotfire’s Enterprise Player, when combined with Core Lab’s RAPID database, allows our clients to perform analytics on the data sets being generated in our Joint Industry Projects. Each active Joint Industry Project has a Spotfire Analytical Template associated with it which allows our clients to investigate the various data sets through tabular and graphical displays. Each display can be filtered by a wide variety of data types stored in our RAPID database such as formation, country, geologic basin, porosity, permeability, geochemistry parameters, etc. Spotfire is extremely easy to use and provides a powerful resource in reservoir evaluation.
Q. Is TIBCO Spotfire a Core Lab product?
The Spotfire Enterprise Player is a product of TIBCO, which Core Lab licenses for use in conjunction with our Joint Industry Projects. The Analytical Templates themselves are a product of Core Laboratories. In order to facilitate the transfer of data from our RAPID database to our Spotfire Analytical Templates, Core Lab developed RAPIDLink which automatically delivers all data to which a client is entitled.
Q. What is S Programming Language?
The award-winning S programming language is at the core of both TIBCO Spotfire S+ and R. The only language created specifically for exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling, the S programming language allows you to create statistical applications up to five times faster than with other languages.
1. Object-oriented, interpreted 4GL language.
2. Interactive exploration and fast prototyping.
3. Rich data structures: vector, matrix, array, data frame, list and many more.
4. User-defined functions, objects, classes, methods and libraries.
5. Library of over 4000 functions for data manipulation, graphics, statistical modeling, and integration.
6. CSAN library of available packages.
Q. What is SpotfireAnalytics?
Spotfire Analytics is an enterprise Analytics platform that helps business and technical users quickly to get an actionable insight.This allows customers to perform in-depth analysis of their data through the use of predictive and complex statistics.
Q. What is the use of Spotfire Analytics?
TIBCO Spotfire Analytics provides an incredibly fast and flexible environment for analysing critical data to help you and your organization make better and smarter decisions. With powerful in-memory analysis, predictive modelling and a highly visual and intuitive interface, Spotfire gives business and technical professionals the ability to rapidly explore their data, helping them find key insights to give them a unique competitive edge.
Spotfire Analytics is a single platform that spans the spectrum from rapid ad-hoc analysis to building custom analytic applications, from analysing spreadsheet and database data to real-time and event-driven data, and from desktop-based data exploration to widely distributed web-based interactive dashboards. Incorporating powerful statistics, Spotfire is the most powerful analytic platform in the world, giving individuals and organizations an immediate information advantage over their competitors.
Q. If i want to see the outlier which visualization i need to use?
Q. Are you able to edit the marking, the name and color?
Yes, from the Document Property, we can change the marking properties based on your requirement.
Q. Can we use different filters in different pages?
We can use filtering schema to apply different filter.
Q. Describe the main features of TIBCO Spotfire 6.5?
1. Faster, Easier Use of Data
2. Create Spotfire applications that interact directly with complex big data sources while hiding the complexity from end users
3. Access huge volumes of information quickly and easily
4. Create complex applications faster and leverage existing database skill sets
5. Richer Location Analytics
6. Visualize sophisticated location source data directly in Spotfire
7. Get access to existing Esri and WMS data sources for richer data visualization
8. Bring GIS and data analysis strategies together seamlesslyNewSpotfire Desktop
9. The most complete desktop analytics authoring for Excel users, business analysts, R- knowledgeable analysts, and data scientists
10. Full Spotfire desktop authoring for a single user
11. Connect to the wide array of Spotfire direct connect data sources
Q. What is Spotfire Cloud?
Spotfire Cloud is the leading data visualization and cloud-based business analytics software available today. Spotfire enables users to create beautiful, interactive visualizations from their laptop or tablet. While traditional business intelligence tools force the user to know what question to ask first, Spotfire allows users to explore trends, outliers and previously undiscovered insights in their data.
Q. What are Spotfire Shared Folders?
Spotfire Cloud allows you to share what you discover instantly. In order to share Spotfire analysis files, you must save the file to a folder in your library. Personal users create folders in their online library; Work Group users can create folders in both their online or desktop libraries. Folders can be public, shared (by you or with you) or private depending on your subscription type.
Q. What are the features of Spotfire?
1. Analyse and explore data with intuitive, interactive visualizations
2. Bar charts, scatter plots, treemaps, box plots, map charts etc.
3. In-Memory data architecture provides incredible speed and flexibility
4. Direct access to corporate and local data sources, including spreadsheets
5. SAP BW, SAP R/3, Oracle E-Business Suite, Salesforce.com, any ODBC database etc.
6. Excel, csv, any flat data file
7. Create and distribute analytic applications for the Web
8. Zero Footprint Client; no coding required
9. Easily creates sophisticated statistical analysis
10. Tight integration between S+ statistical package and Spotfire
11. Analyse event-driven and real-time data
12. Tight integration with TIBCO infrastructure products
Q. What is TIBCO Certified Messaging?
TIBCO certified messaging is an approach to guarantee delivery of every message from sender to its intended recipient. TIBCO certified messaging works on the principle of registration and acknowledgement.
Q. The way dashboard using IL (information link).
First create the data source, then take the columns you wanted for dashboard and save in a folder in the library. If using multiple tables, create the joins. Finally create the IL. Add data from library to access the IL to the front end.
Q. Which version of Spotfire you are working on?
Say only the one you worked, because the next question will be the difference you find in both .Interview Questions and Answers
Q. What are the various visualization used in the Spotfire?
You can tell the one you are able to recollect. If possible tell them the importance and the use of one or two.
Q. Is there any difference between the terms Data on Demand & Details on Demand?
Data on Demand is one of method we used to adding data and Details on Demand is the way of displaying the detailed view of data.
Q. Have you heard about personalized information link?
Yes, using this method we can filter the users to view the dashboard. 2 parameters are used for this. CURRENT_USERS AND GROUP_USERS, from version 6 onwards there is one more named CURRENT_USER_DOMAIN
Q. Have you ever created dashboard using procedures with input parameter ? If your answer is yes , definitely the next question will be how?
You can create the procedures through IL, instead of table columns create procedures. While creating the procedures there is one option to select the query type. If it is with input parameters change that to post – query, write default values and save. Create IL using the procedure, and refresh the parameters to get the values.
Q. Is it possible to create drop down filter?
Yes, using the text area you can create drop down filter.
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.