If you're looking for Oracle Applications Technical Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research, Oracle Applications Technical has a market share of about 4.7%. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in Oracle Applications Technical Development. Mindmajix offers Advanced Oracle Applications Technical Interview Questions 2019 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as Oracle Applications Technical Developer.
1. What is SET-OF-BOOKS?
Ans: Collection of Chat of Accounts and Currency and Calendars is called SO
2. How can u call a standard interface program from SQL or pl/SQL code?
FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST („PO?,?EXECUTABLE NAME?,,,,PARAMETERS)
3. API?s FOR CUSTOMER INTERFACE?
HZ_CUST_A/C_VZPUB.UPDATE_CUST_A/C HZ_CUST_A/C_VZPUB.CREATE_CUST_A/C FND_PROFILES FND_APPLICATIONS FND_GLOBAL FND-FILE FND_CONCSUB
(can submit conc program in host environment)
4. PL/SQL stored procedure parameters? or what are the two parameters that are mandatory for pl/sql type concurrent program?
Ans: Procedure/function (ERRBUF OUT RETCODE OUT ………………….)
ERRBUF:- Used to write the error message to log or request file.
RETCODE:- Populate log request file with program submission details info.
5. What is a Value Set?
- The value set is a collection (or) container of values.
- Whenever the value set associated with any report parameters. It provides a list of values to the end user to accept one of the values as the report parameter value.
- If the list of values needed to be dynamic and ever-changing and define a table based values set.
6. What Are the validation types?
- None - validation is minimal.
- Independent - input must exist on a previously defined list of values
- Dependent - input is checked against a subset of values based on a prior value.
- Table - input is checked against values in an application table
- Special - values set uses a flex field itself.
- Pair - two flex fields together specify a range of valid values.
- Translatable independent - input must exist on previously defined list
of values; translated values can be used.
- Translatable dependent - input is checked against a subset of values
based on prior values; the translated value can be used.
7. What is a template?
- The TEMPLATE form is the required starting point for all development of new Forms.
- The TEMPLATE form includes platform-independent attachments of several Libraries.
APP SCORE:- It contains package and procedures that are required of all forms to support the MENUS, TOOLBARS.
APPSDAYPK:- It contains packages that control the Oracle applications CALENDER FEATURES.
FNDSQF:- it contains packages and procedures for MESSAGE DICTIONARY, FLEX FIELDS, PROFILES, AND CONCURRENT PROCESSING.
CUSTOM:- it allows extension of Oracle applications forms without modification of Oracle application code, you can use the custom library for customization such as zoom ( such as moving to another form and querying up specific records)
8. What are ad-hoc reports?
Ans: Ad - hoc Report is made to meet one-time reporting needs. Concerned with or formed for a particular purpose. For example, ad hoc tax codes or an ad hoc database query
9. What is responsibility?
Ans: Is collection of menus, request security groups and data groups
Menus: a collection of forms is nothing but menus
Request security groups: a collection of programs.
Data groups: is a group of modules to be made accessible by the user through Responsibility System admin
10. Oracle E-Business Suite?
Ans: Oracle apps + analytical components software. (Oracle discover) (Oracle sales analyzer) (Oracle financial analyzer) (Oracle marketing analyzer)
11. What is multi-org?
Ans: “Legal entity has more than one operating unit is called as multi-org”
- Business group - Human resources information is secured by Business group
- Legal entity - inter-company and fiscal/tax reporting.
- Operating unit - secures AR, OE, AP, PA and PO Information.
- Organizations - is a specialize unit of work at particular locations
12. What is ERP? The architecture of apps?
Ans: A packaged business software system that lets a company automate and integrate the majority of its business processes; share common data and practices across the enterprise; [and] produce and access information in a real-time environment.
13. Data Link
- Data links relate to the results of multiple queries.
- A data link (Parent-Child Relation Ship) causes the child query to be executed once for each instance of its parent group.
14. In which tables FF are stored?
- FND – ID – FLEX
- FND-ID-FLEX-STRUCTURES 5
15. Oracle Applications Architecture
Ans: Internet computing Architecture is a framework for 3-tired, distributed computing that supports Oracle Applications products.
The Three tiers are
- Data Base Tier- Database tier manages Oracle 8i database.
- Application Tier - Application tier manages Oracle Applications and other tools.
- Desk Top Tier - Desktop tier provides the user interface displace.
With internet computing architecture, only the presentation layer of Oracle Applications is on the Desk Top tier in the form of a plug-in to a standard internet brows
16. List of some API?
FND_PROGRAM.EXECUTABLE FND_PROGRAM.REGISTER FND_PROGRAM.PARAMETER FND_PROGRAM.ADD_TO_GROUP FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST FND_PROFILE.VALUE FND_PROFILE.GET
17. How to get the second parameter value based on the first parameter?
$fle x $ value setname.
18. How to call WHO columns into the form
Ans: By using FND_STANDARD API?S
Provides information about the form.
Should be called form when_new_form – instance – instance trigger.
loads WHO columns with proper user information.
Should be called from PRE_UPDTE and PRE_INSERT
Triggers for each block with WHO fields
If this is used FND-GLOBAL need not be called. (FND_GLOBAL.WHO)
This is a function which returns date.
Behave exactly like SYSDATE built-in.
This is a function which returns varchar2
Behaves exactly like built-in USER.
19. APPCORE API?S
- APP_REGION 7
20. FNDSQF API?S
- FND_UTILITIES. PARAM_EXISTS
21. How to register a table and columns through the back end?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- by using AD_DD package for registering a table
- AD_DD BPI doesn't?t check for the existence of the registered table or column in the database schema, but only updates the required SQL tables.
- It should be ensured that all the tables and columns registered exist actually and have the same format as that defined using AD_DD API.
- Views need not be registered.
22. Function FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST
( application in varchar2 default null, program in varchar2 default null, description in varchar2 default null, start-time in varchar2 default null, sub_request in bookan default False, argument1, arguemnt2, argument 100) return number;
If this is submitted from oracle forms, all the arguments ( 1 to 100 ) must be specified.
23. What is the reason for not getting any data when a multi-org view is quired?
- To get the data correctly, the xxx-ALL must be referenced and the ORG_ID value should be specified to extract portioned data.
- Multiorgan views are partitioned by using ORG_ID.
- So access through multi-org views will not return any roes, as the CLIENT_INFO Value is not set
- Use HR_OPERATING UNITS to identify the organization _id of the OU on which query is based.
- Use FND_CLIENT_INFO package to set the value in CLIENT INPO using set_org_contest.
- Execute fnd_client_info. Set_org_context („?);
- Now querying of multi-org views can be done.
24. How do you find that muliorg is installed?
- Multi-organization architecture is meant to allow multiple companies or subsidiaries to store their records within a single database.
- Multiple organization Architecture allows this by partitioning data through views in APPS schema.
- Implementation of Multi org generally includes more than one business group.
To know whether multi-org is existing or not
- If the result is „Y? means the database is the group for multiorg
25. What are Handlers?
Ans: A handler is a group of packaged procedures which is used by Oracle Applications to organize. PL/SQL code in forms.
- Handlers provide a way to centralize the code so that it becomes easier to develop, maintain and debug.
- The packaged procedures available in a handler are called form the triggers by passing the name of the trigger as an argument for the procedure to process.
Handlers are types:-
- Item Handlers
- Event Handlers
- Table Handlers
- Business Rules
3. Handlers reside in program units in the form or in stored packed in the database.
26. What is a Data Group?
- A data group is a group of Oracle applications and the Oracle ID's of each application
- Oracle ID grants access privileges to tables in an Oracle Database
- Data group determines which Oracle Database accounts a responsibilities forms, concurrent programs and reports connect to.
27. What is the Responsibility?
- Responsibility defines Applications Privileges
- Responsibility is a level of authority in Oracle Applications that lets users only those Oracle Applications functions and data appropriate to their roles in an organization.
- Each user has at list one or more responsibilities and several users can share the same responsibility 22
- A specific application or a set of applications.
- A set of books
- A restricted list of windows that a user can navigate
- Reports in a specific application.
Each responsibility allows access to
28. What are security Attributes?
Ans: Security Attributes are used by Oracle self-service web Applications to allow rows of data to be visible to specified users responsibilities based on the specific data contained in the row.
29. What is a Profile Option?
- Profile options are the set of changeable options that affect how the application looks and behaves.
- By setting profile options, the applications can be made to react in different ways for different users depending on the specific user attributes.
30. What are the steps involved in developing a flex field?
- Designing the table structure
- Creating fields on the form (Visible/Hidden)
- Calling appropriate routines
- Registration of the flex field.
- Definition of the flex field.
31. What is an application /Module?
Ans: Application is a collection of forms, function, and menus
32. What are the types of Concurrent Managers 25
Ans: Three MASTER CONCURRENT MANAGERS:
- Internal Concurrent Manager (ICM): This is the one which monitors all other CMs
- Standard Manager (SM): This takes care of report running and batch jobs
- Conflict Resolution Manager (CRM): checks concurrent program definitions for compatibility checks.
We cannot delete a concurrent manager… but we can disable it… but it’s not recommended.
33. multi-org set up
Ans: Begin dbms_application_info.set_client_info(‘ORG_ID’);
34. What is the relation between Responsibility, Menu and Request Group?
Ans: Responsibility: – A responsibility is a set of authority in Oracle Apps that lets users access only that functionality of the application appropriate to their roles.
Menu: – A menu is a hierarchical arrangement of functions and menus of functions that appears in the Navigator. Each responsibility has a menu assigned to it.
Request Group: – it is a collection of reports or concurrent programs. A system Administrator defines report groups in order to control user access to reports and concurrent programs.
Only a system administrator can create a request group.
35. What is a function, how to create one?
Ans: A function is apart of an application?s functionality that is registered under a unique name for the purpose of assigning to it to, or excluding it from, a menu (and by extension, responsibility). There are several types of functions: – Form Functions, SubFunctions, and Non-form functions. We often refer to a form function simply as a form.
36. What is meant by APPL_TOP?
Ans: An environment variable that denotes the installation directory for Oracle Application Object Library and your other Oracle applications. $APPL_TOP is usually one directory level above each of the product directories (which are often referred to as $PROD_TOP or $PRODUCT_TOP or $_TOP).
37. Explain briefly where are the Custom. all, Forms, Reports, SQL Loader Control files, Shell Script source code and executables files kept?
Custom.pll – $AU_TOP/resource Forms – $PROD_TOP/Forms/US Reports – $PROD_TOP/Reports/US SQL Control Files – $PROD_TOP/Bin Shell Scripts – $PROD_TOP/Bin
38. When is Custom.pll used?
Ans: Custom.pll is used while making new or customizing standard oracle forms in apps. It contains all the forms of libraries for apps.
39. What are profile options; at what levels can these be set?
Ans: A user profile is a set of changeable options that affect the way the applications run. Oracle Does applications object Library establish a value for each option in a user?s profile when the User logs on or changes responsibility.
- System Profile: – Profile option can be set for the user community.
- User Profile: – Provide Oracle Apps with standard information which describes a user, Application, Responsibility, and site. At each profile level, user profile options can be set.
40. How can you know the form (FMB) name when you open a form in Apps?
41. Where do you create a table and sequence in Apps? Is it APPS schema?
Ans: In custom schema and then grant privileges on it to APPS schema.
42. Where are Views and Procedures created?
Ans: Views:– Views are to be created only in APPS.
Procedures:– In custom schema and the grant it to APPS schema.
43. Can new profiles be created? If so how?
Ans: Yes. Application Developer.
44. What is the approach to create a new form to be used in Oracle Apps?
Ans: The TEMPLATE form is the required starting point of all development of new forms. Start Developing each new form by copying the TEMPLATE.FMB file, located in $AU_TOP/forms/US(or your language and platform equivalent), to a local directory and Rename it as appropriate.
45. Explain the Value Set? Difference between a Table Validated and Independent Value Set?
Ans: A set of values against which Oracle Application Object Library validates values your end users enter when running your program. You define your value set by specifying validation 28 rules, format constraints and other properties. For example, you could define a value set to contain values that are character strings, validated from a table in your application. You can Specify that Oracle Application Object Library uses the same value set to validate different Report parameters. You can also use value sets that you use in your flex fields to validate Your report parameters.
46. How do you create a table-validated value set dependent on another value set?
in the where condition.
47. How do you set the operating unit context in a report?
Begin Dbms_application_info.set-client-info(); End;
48. Can you submit a concurrent request from the operating system directly?
Write a Shellscript. login to database Run the function FND_REQUEST.Submit()
49. Explain how to generate a trace file for a pl/SQL concurrent program for tuning?
Check the? Enable Trace? a checkbox in the concurrent program registration window.
50. How do you “write” to the concurrent request Log and Output file?
FND_FILE.PUT(FND_FILE.LOG or FND_FILE.OUTPUT, );
51. What is the difference between the Operating Unit and Inventory Organization?
Upcoming Batches - Oracle Applications Technical Training!
6:30 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
7:00 AM IST
6:30 AM IST
Ans: Operating Unit:- An Organization that uses Oracle Cash management, Order Management, and Shipping Execution, Oracle Payables, Oracle Purchasing, and Oracle Receivables. It may be a sales Office, a division, or adept. An operating unit is associated with a legal entity. Information is secured by operating unit for these applications. Each user sees information only for their operating unit. To run any of these applications, you choose a responsibility associated with an organization classified as an operating unit.
An organization for which you track inventory transactions and balances, and/or an organization that manufactures or distributes products. Examples include (but are not limited to) manufacturing plants, warehouses, distribution centers, and sales offices. The following applications secure information by inventory organization: Oracle Inventory, Bills of Material, Engineering, and Work in Process, Master Scheduling/MRP, Capacity, and Purchasing receiving functions. To run any of these applications, you must choose an organization that has been classified as an inventory organization.
52. What is a Set of Books?
Ans: A financial reporting entity that uses a particular chart of accounts, functional currency, And accounting calendar. Oracle General Ledger secures transaction information (such as journal entries and balances) by a set of books. When you use Oracle General Ledger, you choose a responsibility that specifies a set of books. You then see information for that set of books only.
53. What is the Item Validation Organization?
Ans: The organization that contains your master list of items. You define it by setting the OM: Item Validation Organization parameter. You must define all items and bills in your Item Validation Organization, but you also need to maintain your items and bills in separate organizations if you want to ship them from other warehouses.
54. What is the difference between key flexfield and Descriptive flexfield?
Ans: Key Flexfield is used to describe unique identifiers that will have a better meaning than using number IDs. e.g a part number, a cost center, etc Dec Flex is used to just capture extra information. Key Flexfields have qualifiers whereas Desc Flexfields do not. Dec Flexfields can have context-sensitive segments while Key flexfields cannot.
And one more different that KFF displays like text item but DFF displays like [ ].
55. Which procedure should be called to enable a DFF in a form?
ND_DESCR_FLEX.DEFINE (BLOCK => ‘BLOCK_NAME’ ,FIELD => ‘FORM_FIELD_NAME’ ,APPL_SHORT_NAME => ‘APP_NAME’ ,DESC_FLEX_NAME => ‘DFF_NAME’ );
56. Which procedure should be used to make the DFF read-only at run time?
57. What is the difference between the flexfield qualifier and the segment qualifier?
Ans: Flexfiled qualifier identifies segement in a flexfield and segment qualifier identifies value in a segment.
There are four types of flex field qualifier
- Balancing segment qualifier
- cost center
- natural account and
- allow budgeting
- allow posting
- account type
- control account and
- reconciliation flag
58. Where do concurrent request log files and output files go?
Ans: The concurrent manager first looks for the environment variable $APPLCSF If this is set, it creates a path using two other environment variables:
$APPLLOG and $APPLOUT
It places log files in
Output files go in
So for example, if you have this environment set:
$APPLCSF = /u01/appl/common $APPLLOG = log $APPLOUT = out
The concurrent manager will place log files in /u01/appl/common/log, and output files in /u01/appl/common/out Note that $APPLCSF must be a full, absolute path, and the other two are directory names. If $APPLCSF is not set, it places the files under the product top of the application associated with the request.
So for example, a PO report would go under
$PO_TOP/$APPLLOG and $PO_TOP/$APPLOUT
Logfiles go to
Output files to
Of course, all these directories must exist and have the correct permissions. Note that all concurrent requests produce a log file, but not necessarily an output file.
59. How do I check if Multi-org is installed?
SELECT MULTI_ORG_FLAG FROM FND_PRODUCT_GROUPS If MULTI_ORG_FLAG is set to ‘Y’, Then its Multi Org.
60. Why does Help->Tools->Examine ask for a password?
Ans: Navigate to the Update System Profile Screen. ( navigate profile system)
- Select Level: Site
- Query up Utilities: Diagnostics in the User Profile Options Zone.
If the profile option Utilities: Diagnostics is set to NO, people with access to the Utilities Menu must enter the password for the ORACLE ID of the current responsibility to use Examine. If set to Yes, a password will not be required.
61. How an API is initialized?
apps.gems_public_apis_pkg.fnd_apps_initialize ( user_id => p_user_id , resp_id => p_resp_id , resp_appl_id => p_resp_appl_id)
62. How do u register a concurrent program from PL/SQL?
apps.fnd_program.executable_exists -> To check if executable file exists apps.fnd_program.executable -> To make executable file fnd_program.program_exists -> To check if program is defined apps.fnd_program.register -> To register/define the program apps.fnd_program.parameter -> To add parameters apps.fnd_program.request_group -> To add to a request group
63. How Do u register a table & a column?
EXECUTE ad_dd.register_table( ‘GEMSQA’, ‘gems_qa_iqa_lookup_codes’, ‘T’, 512, 10, 70); EXECUTE ad_dd.register_column(‘GEMSQA’, ‘gems_qa_iqa_lookup_codes’, ‘LOOKUP_CODE’, 1, ‘VARCHAR2’, 25, ‘N’, ‘N’);
64. What are the supported versions of Forms and Reports used for developing on Oracle Applications Release 11?
Ans: The following supported versions are provided in Developer/2000 Release 1.6.1:
- Forms 4.5
- Reports 2.5
65. What is the Responsibility / Request Group?
Ans: Responsibility is used for security reason like which Responsibility can do what type of jobs etc.
Set of Responsibility is attached with a Request group. When we attach the request group to a concurrent program, that can be performed using all the Responsibilities those are attached with the Request group.
66. What is DFF?
Ans: The Descriptive Flexi field is a field that we can customize to enter additional information for which Oracle Apps product has not provided a field.
Ex. ATP program calculates for those warehouses where Inventory Org Type is DC or Warehouse in DFF Attribute11 of MTL_PARAMETERS table.
67. What is multi-org?
Ans: It is data security functionality in Oracle 10.6 and above. Applicable User responsibilities are created and attached to a specific Operating Unit. User can access the data that belongs to the Operating unit they log in under. 40
The benefit is it enables multiple operating units to use a single installation of various modules while keeping transaction data separate and secure by operating unit.
It has an effect on the following modules:
- Order Entry
- Project Accounting