In the present scenario, Cyber Security is becoming one of the finest options to begin your career with. The prime reason is the growing demand of the experts across the globe since last few years. It is one of the Information Technology domains which are becoming more and more challenging. Due to the rapidly increasing cyber attacks across the globe, organizations are looking for the experts who can help them in tackling the same. Another fact is cyber security is a challenging domain and needs a lot of expertise for the professionals in order to eliminate attacks that are unauthorized in nature. Well, these are not the only reason that why Cyber Security has come up with excellent scope in recent years. There are of course, several other reasons too. Here is the list of top 10 reasons why you should learn cyber security this year.
10. Pay checks that have become fat
9. Highly demanded field
8. Requirements are super basic
7. Trends may come and go but cyber security trends are forever
6. Opportunities and scholarships for cyber security education/training
5. Mathematics is not a concern
4. Work with top class organizations after getting required skill set
3. Skills that no one knows
2. It’s never too late to begin with
1. Managerial and Leadership skills
Let us now explore them in a bit detailed manner to enable you understand the same
There is nothing wrong to say that with the increasing challenges in the cyber security domain, the overall number of professionals needed have fallen short.
* Due to this reason, the experts in this field have seen significant growth in their salary since recent years.
* On an average basis, an expert earns around $42,000 to $78,000 after getting the required skills
* After getting the required training, the professionals are free to work with any organization actually and this is because almost all of them whether small or large-scale needs security experts in their arena
* The salaries of the professionals are still largely expected to grow in the time to come and because there is currently a ton of skill shortage, pursuing career in this domain presently assures a better tomorrow for one and all.
For those having professional recognition of their skills, there are currently a very large number of vacancies which are available all across the globe. In fact, it is one of the professionals with wide demand
* The workforce is expected to rise by around 6.5 million by the end of next year
* Experts says by 2020, there will be more than 4 billion people across the internet and to cater the needs of them, there will be need of more and more cyber security professionals
* Organizations in almost every sector need to have these professionals with them to keep up the pace and the fact is there are many organizations who even hire cyber security professionals consistently.
Well, if you think pursuing career in Cyber Security is challenging, you are possibly wrong
* All that you need to have with you is confidence and a professional background in IT
* The overall eligibility criterion is relaxing across the globe. One reason for this could be the huge gap between the demand and the availability of the experts.
* Even the college students and young professionals can go for it without worrying about anything
* For those who doesn’t have a professional background can simply proceed with the cyber security certification which enable them to earn equally as experts with solid background in cyber security are earning
Related Page: The Fascinating Career of Cyber Security
One of the major issues and drawbacks in working in IT sector is technology change often impact the overall number of jobs and earnings of professionals. However, this is not valid on all the domains in IT including the cyber security
* Cyber Security experts are huge in demand and will also remain in the future due to rapid growth of the internet
* There is nothing much that has changed in this sector since last few years and experts have a very large number of options to begin their career with after fulfilling the requirements
* The Cyber security job trends are always forever and there are no chances of shortfall of demand of those who have gone through professional training in this domain
* Cyber Security is an option for youngsters that they can pursue with closed eyes due to another leading reason and i.e. knowledge. Of course, it has a lot to learn for freshers
Due to extreme shortfall in the availability of cyber security professionals all over the world, various governments have introduced special scholarships for the students
* If you are interested in studying cyber security in any part of the world, probably there will be some best scholarships that you can apply without fulfilling complex and competitive requirements
* There are various opportunities for study and for job one can simply make sure in the present scenario
* Forbes magazine recently stated that there will be more than 2 million jobs lying vacant in this domain in different parts of the world. Thus, experts after getting the required skills can move anywhere they want
Well, the fact couldn’t be denied that mathematics is a challenging subject for many college going students. Not everyone loves it and the fact is this doesn’t let them proceed with other best options which have mathematics as an important part
* Cyber security training and education is totally free from the involvement of mathematics and thus one who hates it need not to worry
* Those who are still very young and consider it one of the best available options due to this reason
* Learners can rather learn the programming and other core topics related to cyber security and can work in a challenging environment
One of the best things about the cyber security is there is no strict upper limit on the overall number of organizations where professionals are required.
* Some of the well-known organizations such as Dell, Accenture etc have many cyber security professionals working for them at many top positions
* Experts also have the option to work with governmental agencies, defense agencies, banks, hospitality industry and in other sectors after proving his/her skills
* Hacking is a coolest thing which you can learn and can simply make sure that things remains safe under all the conditions
Cyber Security is a domain that simply introduces you with the skills that no one else can easily acquire. It is because of this reason also any young minds are paying a lot of attention o building career in this domain.
* White hat cyber security experts are familiar with many concepts about the network and other security which are very interesting to know
* They can simply make sure that professionals work with full satisfaction and have someone new to work on each day
* The job of a cyber security expert is not much complex but there is a lot to learn about the core networking, network security and so on
* Many professionals have already grabbed some of the best paying jobs because of no other reason than the skills they have acquired with time
* Professionals can easily learn the working of a number of gadgets and is thus a useful domain for those who have interest in this.
One of the best things about the Cyber Security is it’s never too late to realize that you want to be in this profession.
* There are a lot of people across the globe that opted this option after completing 50 years of age. In fact, it could be the best things you can do after the retirement if you are having background in IT
* There is no need to worry about the job security as experts in this field are always demanded widely
* You are always welcome to join the training courses and other options and for reaping the benefits Cyber Security domain can have to offer you
Cyber Security professionals with a relevant degree in this domain can simply make sure of excellent managerial and leadership skills.
* It is true that in most of the study programs these skills are not introduced to the students. However, they are required to build a solid reputation and to grow in one’s field.
* All the right qualities required to gain leadership position are directly or indirectly be inherited by those who work as a cyber security professionals
* It’s nothing but the flexibility in the job that make sure workers can simply learnt the same
That’s all about the top 10 reasons why you should learn Cyber Security. There might be other reasons too but these are the best ones to consider it. Presently many colleges and universities are there which offer best programs for those who want to be a cyber security expert in future. It’s not just flexibility in this domain that is helping learners to keep up the pace but there are many other reasons too.
Sandeep is working as a Senior Content Contributor for Mindmajix, one of the world’s leading online learning platforms. With over 5 years of experience in the technology industry, he holds expertise in writing articles on various technologies including AEM, Oracle SOA, Linux, Cybersecurity, and Kubernetes. Follow him on LinkedIn and Twitter.