If you're looking for Adobe (AEM) CQ5 Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at the right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Adobe (AEM), CQ5 has a market share of about 0.4%. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in Adobe (AEM) CQ5 Development. Mindmajix offers Advanced AEM Interview Questions 2020 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire a dream career as Adobe CQ5 Developer.
If you would like to Enrich your career with a Adobe (AEM) CQ5 certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “Adobe CQ5 System Administrator Training” Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Frequently Asked Adobe CQ5 System Administrator Interview Questions
1. AEM vs Drupal
|Drag & Drop Interface||Yes||No|
|Web-Based Platform Support||Yes||Yes|
2. What is Adobe CQ5?
Ans: The Adobe CQ5 is also known as Adobe Experience Manager. It is a java based content management system that is provided by Adobe.
Below are some important points suggested to be aware of Adobe CQ5:
As said it is a content management system and it acts as a content repository for all the web content.
- To access the content from the content repository the user has to use JCR ( Java content repository) tool
- To actually map the exact node for the content repository it uses and RESTful Apache Sling framework.
- For the individual development of the modules, it actually uses an exclusive OSGI framework. With the help of this, it will actually help the user to individually start and stop certain areas of the application.
- With the use of Apache Felix as the OSGi container, few parts of CQ5 can be started and stopped.
3. What is the technology stack behind CQ5 or Adobe Experience Manager?
Ans: The technology stack behind CQ5 is listed below:
- Apache Sling
- OSGi (Apache Felix)
4. Why do we need a content management system in CQ? What is a necessity?
Ans: We definitely need a content management system to manage a particular website because of ever-changing business dynamics is vital for the business to update its content according to the market needs and requirements. So, changing the content has been a norm and the content was actually changed very frequently. To mitigate the need a content management system was the only solution to solve the problem. This is the reason why we need a content management system in CQ5.
5. What are the advantages of CQ5 vs other content management systems that are available in the market?
Ans: The following are the advantages of Adobe CQ5 when compared with other content management systems that are available in the market are as follows:
- We have an option of creating a workflow for creating, editing, publishing of content
- The user will have an option to manage their digital library of images, documents and also helpful while integrating them into the websites.
- Extensive utilization of search queries to find out the content when needed and one doesn’t have to know the location of the content and it is not a pre-requisites while searching for information in CQ5.
- The entire social media setup and collaborating with other blogs and groups is fairly easy.
- The digital images that are stored in the library, the user will have an option to tag the images within the organization
6. What is Adobe Marketing Cloud?
Ans: The Adobe Marketing Cloud is nothing but the one-stop solution for all the customers where they can utilize these services and make sure their digital marketing side of the business is completely covered by leveraging on Adobeservices.
------ Related Article: Adobe Marketing Cloud Interview Questions And Answers ------
7. Why do businesses need Adobe marketing cloud? What does it provide?
Ans: As said, businesses can leverage the services offered by Adobe marketing cloud and make sure their digital marketing side is taken care of. The list of services that Adobe marketing cloud makes it happen:
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Adobe Social
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Target
- Adobe Media Optimizer
- Adobe campaign
8. Explain what is the use of the Adobe Experience Manager?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Ans: With the use of Adobe Experience manager suite, the user will have tons of options to create its endless digital appearance in the virtual world across all the available platforms. This way it will help the customer to create a brand globally at a very low cost and effort which ultimately increases their demand.
9. Explain what is the use of Adobe Social?
Ans: With the use of Adobe social, the user will be able to create their leads in the social media network. Some of them include Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. With these mediums, the user will be able to make sure leads and also understand the community sentiments about the business and the operations.
10. Explain what is the use of Adobe Analytics?
Ans: It is exactly the way Google Analytics works. With the help of Adobe Analytics, the user will be able to collect a different set of information like how many visitors have gone through a certain activity within the website, etc. Also, it helps the business owners to understand what part of the content is driving the visitors most of the time. Based on these decisions, the business owner will be able to concentrate on that part of the content which is going viral.
----- Related Article: Adobe Analytics Interview Questions -----
11. Explain what is the use of Adobe Target?
Ans: This is one of the greatest tools, i.e. Adobe Target. For this to work effectively it takes the input from Adobe Analytics. With the help of this data, the tool can project the right content to the user at the right time. It is more like understanding visitor behavior and providing customized content for him to enjoy his or her stay during the website visit. Thus providing a customized visit will help the visitors to spend quality time on the website and also helps the overall increase in the sales.
12. Explain what is the use of Adobe media optimizer?
Ans: With the help of this tool, the digital ads that are set according to the customer preferences and overall budget allocated for the ads make sense. In a sense, the target ads are shown to the visitors and this is based on their interest. Thus it will help to optimize the entire money allocated on ads.
13. Explain what is the use of Adobe campaign?
Ans: With the help of this tool, the campaigns are more catered towards visitor behavior. Based on the visitor's interest the campaigns are executed
14. What is a template in Adobe CQ5?
Ans: A template in CQ5 is nothing but a consistent page style can be defined for all the pages within the application. Generally, a template consists of nodes which actually specify the entire page structure within the application.
15. What is a component?
Ans: A component is defined as reusable modules that are responsible for implementing a certain logic to render the website content. In a nutshell, a component can be defined as a collection of scripts. For example JSP, Java servlets, etc)
16. Why do we have to include a global?jsp if we are creating a component in JSP?
Ans: The global jsp.script which is provided by the Adobe actually by default declares the sling, AEM, and JSTL tag libraries to make the component creation process in Adobe Experience Manager.
17. What script should be included in the display sidekick?
Ans: The script that should be included in the display sidekick is:Init.jsp is the script file. This can be included in JSP or display sidekick.
18. What is the primary use of EditConfig node at the time of component creation?
Ans: A CQ Edit config node is used at the time of component creation because it helps in defining the component behavior.
19. What are the basic SCR annotations that are used in creating an OSGI component?
Ans: The basic SCR annotations that are used in creating an OSGI component are as follows:
- Component: With the use of this, it actually defines the class as a component.
- Service: With the help of this, it actually defines the service interface that is provided by the component.
- Reference: With the use of this, it actually injects a service into the component
- Property: with the use of this, it defines a property which can be used in the class
20. What is the full form of MSM in Adobe Experience Manager?
Ans: Within Adobe Experience Manager, MSM stands for Multi-Site manager.
A dialog is nothing but a component at a page level. So in a sense, each Component instance will have their own dialog information which is available in the content folder.
21. What is Design dialog?
Ans: A design dialog is actually present at the template level. With the help of edit in design mode, the user will be able to design the page. Once this is done at the template level so all the pages that share this template will reflect all the changes.
22. What is the primary purpose of Dialog and design dialog?
Ans: The use of Dialog and Design dialog will be helpful for the user to actually configure the component.
23. Can you let me know where the information is stored for Dialog and Design dialog?
Ans: For the design dialog, the information is stored under /etc/design folder.
For dialog, the information is stored at /content folder
24. List out all the available interfaces in Adobe Experience Manager?
Ans: The list of all available interfaces in Adobe Experience Manager is as follows:
- CRX Explorer
- CRX Delite
- Apache Felix
- Site Admin
25. Explain the process of resolving a resource?
Ans: The user will able to resolve a resource by following the process:
- First of all the user has to use ResourceResolver. This can be done by using this method getResourceResolver()
- Use the resolve() method to resolve a resource
26. How to connect external data in CQ?
Ans: The process of connecting to an external database in CQ is fairly simple. While configuring, we need to actually configure to a connection pool by creating a node of type sling: OSGIConfig. But if you are looking to connect to a different database then make sure that you change the property values.
27. What are the two roles in the CQ5 Dispatcher?
Ans: Within CQ5 dispatcher there are two main roles that should be highlighted, as follows:
- Caching: Within this role, the content on the website is cached as much as possible so that it can be a form of a static website. It will reduce the repeated functioning of the layout engine.
- Load balancing: This is used to increase the performance of the website
28. Where does the cache directory actually exist in CQ5?
Ans: The cache directory exists or created in the root of a web server
29. How does a dispatcher perform Load balancing activity?
Ans: The dispatcher performs load balancing activity by executing these steps;
- Performance statistics
- Sticky connections
- Increased fail-safe coverage
- Processing power
By identifying these parameters, the load balancers will work according to in CQ5
30. Can we implement multiple dispatchers in a setup?
Ans: Yes, we can implement multiple dispatchers in a setup. Within these cases make sure that both the dispatchers are accessing the CQ5 directly.