install,configure and validate TIBCO Spotfire Web Player
Recommended by 0 users
Install,configure and validate Spotfire Web Player
This tutorial walks you through installing, configuring, validating, and patching TIBCO Spotfire Web Player. You should go through this tutorial after completing TIBCO Spotfire Server installation and Deployment.
TIBCO Spotfire Web Player Server runs on Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, 64-bit. It requires that Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 is installed, configured, and allowed on the Web Player.
Before you run the Web Player Server installer, you must have IIS installed and configured. Additionally, you must have ASP.NET 4.0 enabled. For more information on requirements, see the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player Installation and Configuration Manual, and review the information provided at http://support.spotfire.com/sr.asp.
Install the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player
- Navigate to in Administrator Essentials\Installers\Web Player\Products\TIBCO Spotfire Web Player Installer, and then double-click setup.exe.
- Accept the license terms and all defaults until you reach the panel to supply the Server URL. When prompted, set the Server URL to http://localhost:9090.
You have installed TIBCO Spotfire Web Player. The next step is to validate it. We recommend you close all applications in your environment before continuing.
Validate TIBCO Spotfire Web Player:
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost/SpotfireWeb. It will take several seconds for the page to load the first time.
- After the page loads, for Username and Password, type sfadmin.
- After you log in, you should be able to open an analysis file. For example, you should see the following for the Getting Started tab in the Baseball analysis.
We have now validated the Spotfire Web Player.
We can now complete the installation by installing TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services. We recommend to close all applications in the environment before continuing.
Apply Patches to the Spotfire Web Player Server
Before you apply any patches to the Web Player, prepare it for the update. You can check the Spotfire support site for the latest versions.
Patching the Spotfire Web Player requires that you have installed the latest patch for Spotfire Professional, if one exists.
Part 1: Change the Configuration File
Note: Be sure to follow any Web Player specific instructions in the file Administrator Essentials\Patches\Spotfire\TIBCO_Spotfire.htm.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\TIBCO\Spotfire Web Player\ 4.5.0\webroot\bin\Tools.
- Using a text editor, open Spotfire.Dxp.Web.UpgradeTool.exe.config.
3. Under <applicationSettings>, change the following variables, as follows:
Note: See the section Deploying Extensions and Upgrades in the Web Player Installation and Configuration Manual for a detailed reference for the values contained in the configuration file.
4. Save the file.
Part 2: Run the Upgrade Tool
1. Run the webupdate.bat file at the Windows Command Prompt. To do this:
- From the Windows task bar, select Start
- Right click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, change the directory as follows:
cd "C:\Program Files\TIBCO\Spotfire Web Player\4.5.0\webroot\bin\Tools"
- From this directory, at the command prompt, issue the following command:
2. The upgrade tool checks any upgrades are available on the Spotfire Server, and if there are, it automatically stops the application pool, installs the upgrades, and restarts the application pool.
Part 3: Verify the Patch
1. On the Web Player Server, go to the directory C:\Program Files\TIBCO\Spotfire Web Player\4.5.0\webroot\bin\Modules.
2. Verify that the modules are present.