Unified Functional Testing (UFT) is one of the best automation tools available today. It automates mobile, web, hybrid, API, RPA, and Enterprise Applications and delivers quality software at the speed of your business needs. Currently, over 3400 companies around the globe are using UFT, according to Enlyft. The demand for UFT is intensifying and shows no sign of slowing down in the coming days.
Here, in this UFT tutorial blog, we’ll cover all UFT concepts and features with an easy-to-understand approach. This tutorial is specially designed for beginners with little or no prior knowledge of UFT.
If you would like to Enrich your career with a UFT certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “UFT Training” Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
What is UFT?
Microfocus UFT is formerly known as QTP, provides regression and functional automation for software apps. It helps testers identify errors, gaps, or defects in contrast to the app's expected results under test. With the latest upgrade, UFT is renamed to UFT One.
UFT uses the VBScript (Visual Basic Scripting) language to describe a test procedure and manipulate objects and application controls under test. Developers can test all three layers of the program's operations through a single console by utilizing a UFT tool: service layer, database layer, and interface.
RELATED ARTICLE:- UFT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
QTP was initially written in Mercury Interactive and subsequently acquired by HP (Hewlett-Packard). Its original name was Astra Quick Test and later named Quick Test Professional, but the latest version is Unified Functional Tester (UFT).
HP Testing Service and UFT 11.5 combined HP QuickTest Professional into a single software package, and that was made available as HP Software Division until 2016 and then sold to Micro Focus. The latest version of UFT is UFT One 14.53.
Now, let's look at the version history of QTP/UFT.
- Astra Quicktest first version (1998)
- QuickTest Professional v6.5 (2003)
- HP QuickTest Professional v9.1 (2007)
- Hp-Unified Functional Testing v11.5 (2012)
- Micro Focus UFT v14.3 (2019)
Why is UFT/QTP the best automation testing tool?
UFT One is the most widely used automation tool in the market today. It's known for its ease of use and support of a large community of automation testers. It's a user-friendly tool.
Let's discuss a few points which make it as best automation tool:
- Anyone can use Micro Focus UFT (both technical and non-technical)
- You can test the desktop along with web-based apps.
- UFT supports multiple software development environments like Oracle, SAP, etc.
- QTP supports VB Script
- There is a built-in object repository in QTP.
- You can perform functional automation testing without interruption using the UFT tool.
Features of UFT/QTP
The latest version of UFT includes new features:
- AI-based Testing: Boosts your test coverage and velocity.
- New Test Objects: You'll find several new objects in PDF, Salesforce Lightning, JavaFX, and more.
- Web testing enhancements: With the latest version of UFT, you can automate and accelerate end-to-end testing for more than 200 apps, technologies, and environments.
- Web extensibility support: Gives you additional support for third-party and custom controls.
- PDF Report Makeover: PDFs generated from HTML results look better than ever and are easier to use. You can easily understand the standards of the test.
- Technology stack: You can leverage new supported versions of SAP NWBC, Java, Bamboo, TortoiseGit, and many more.
In this section, we'll see how to install the trial version of UFT. Micro Focus UFT One provides a 30-day trial.
Step 1: First, navigate to the Micro Focus free trial page https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/uft-one/free-trial and fill in the necessary details.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
Step 2: On the next screen, you'll receive a message as registration successful. And go to your inbox and confirm the email from Micro Focus UFT One.
Step 3: Next, enter your email details on the login page and click on the sign-in button.
Step 4: After creating your free trial account, your dashboard will appear, and select the download option of UFT.
Step 5: On the next screen, Click on UFT_14.03_Setup.exe
Step 6: After the download process is finished, open it in a folder and begin the installation process by double-clicking on it on your PC.
Step 7: Click on the Next button.
Step 8: The installation process starts
Step 9: In the next screen, select Microsoft Office Access database engine 2010 and click the OK button. And it will start installing.
Step 10: Next, the welcome screen appears, click on the Next button.
Step 11: Accept the terms and click on the Next button.
Step 12: Next, by default, all the add-ins are selected. Click on the next option.
Step 13: Select all checkboxes and click on the install option.
Step 14: click on the finish option, after the installation process is completed.
Step 15: Select the HPE UFT Icon on a desktop, and select the continue option.
Step 16: Click on OK on the next screen and HPE UFT Dashboard will appear like below.
- The most significant advantage of using UFT is it's easy to use, and since it includes VBScript language doesn't require any high-level programming language.
- Excellent Object Identification process.
- Support for record and playback and capacity to edit scripts after recording.
- Different add-ins like Java, .Net, Oracle, SAP, and many more are supported.
- Popular automation frameworks like the Data-driven testing approach, Keyword-driven testing approach, Hybrid frameworks, Modular testing approach, etc., are supported.
- Integration with test management tools like QC, Test director, and more is easily supported through UFT.
- It comes with loads of inbuilt properties and methods in QTP as well as inbuilt functions in VBScripts.
- Extensible to Several Development Environments
- Enhanced Code Reusability
- Quick Scripting Process
Micro Focus UFT certification is one of the most sought after certifications in the testing world. If you want to step ahead in a testing career, getting Micro Focus UFT certified opens numerous opportunities for your career growth,
The certification exam available for UFT is the Unified Functional Testing (UFT) Certified Professional Exam. This exam verifies and validates candidate's knowledge on Unified Functional Testing (UFT) version 14.x. Application. The cost to attempt the exam is $200.
Scope of UFT
Testers across the globe widely use micro Focus UFT to automate their processes. This tool makes it easier for QA pros to carry out various testing, including regression and functional testing. The testers can further write the test scripts using VBScript edition, which also simplifies the process of manipulating the objects and application controls. With more and more organizations automating the testing process, the demand for UFT is increasing at a steady pace.
Therefore the future of UFT looks wide and provides more opportunities.
UFT has been a great tool in today's software testing market. It allows you to generate test scripts using the user interface and supports only on the Windows environment. We hope this article provides you with the required information about the UFT.
If you have any queries, let us know by commenting in the below section.