If you're looking for Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are in the right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Peoplesoft Admin has a market share of about 0.2%. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in Peoplesoft Administration. Mindmajix offers Advanced Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions 2021 that help you in cracking your interview & acquire a dream career as Peoplesoft Administrator.
If you would like to Enrich your career with a Peoplesoft Admin certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “Peoplesoft Admin Training” Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is PeopleSoft Vanilla Database?
Ans: A Vanilla implementation is one where no customization is made to the delivered application. Vanilla is PeopleSoft Application out of the box and implemented exactly as delivered. Vanilla implementation simplifies the PeopleSoft environment in a number of ways. No development costs. Fast time to rollout. Simplified upgrades.
Q2. How do we start & stop Peoplesoft Webserver in a single server domain?
Ans: Start: webserverstartpia
Q3. Which are the external objects in a PeopleSoft environment?
- WEB SHERE
- WEB LOGIC
- DATABASE(ORACLE, SQL, DB2, SYBASE)
Q4. What is PeopleSoft Fileserver?
Ans: The File Server is used as a central storage area for files used by development clients. This allows for a central point of file revision administration. as well as saving significant disk space on each client.
Q5.What is Report Repository?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- The Report Repository is simply a Web Server with the report repository servlet and directory installed to it.
- Report Repository Directory: Location on the Web server where the process scheduler server transfers report and log files.
- Report Repository Servlet: The Java servlet program that manages the display of the report and logs files in a browser. If a user has been granted security access, the servlet allows them to view the files. If the user doesn’t have permission, the servlet will not even show the file exists.
- The Report Repository will always receive any report produced by processes on the server if you establish this link.
Read More -
Q6.What is DDDAUDIT?
Ans: DDDAUDIT delivers a report on the integrity of the links between the System Catalog Table and PeopleTools Table.
Q7.What is SYSAUDIT?
Ans: SYSAUDIT delivers a report on the integrity of the links within the PeopleTools Tables.
Q8.What is the ALTER AUDIT?
Ans: It is used to report differences between the PeopleTools records definition and the RDBMS System catalog.
Q9.Name the configuration file of the Application Server and its location?
Ans: Location: APPSRV/
Name : psappsrv.cfg
Q10.Name the configuration file of Process Scheduler and its location?
Ans: Location: APPSRVPRCS
Name : psprcs.cfg
Q11.Describe the purge process?
Ans: Updates statistics to all of the process request tables before deleting content. Purges of all process requests with the last update date that is past the Days Before Purge value for the specified run statuses. Deletes all of the subdirectories in the Log_Output directory that are associated with the process requests that are purged from the process request table if the Purge Process Files option was specified. Purges the report repository tables with expired dates, based on the specified number of retention days. Deletes all directories from the report repository that are associated with processes purged from the report repository tables.
Q12.What is a shared cache and how you enable it?
Ans: The system assumes that a preloaded cache exists in the shared directory. The preloaded cache contains most instances of the managed object types that are cached to the file. While booting the application server, if the shared cache is enabled but no cache files exist, the system reverts to unshared caching.
To set shared caching for the domain, set the Set ServerCacheMode to With this option enabled, the system stores the cache information in the following directory:appservcacheshare
Q13.What are the benefits of The Shared Cache Mode?
Ans: The shared cache mode offers the following benefits:
- Server processes share a common cache file, which reduces the disk space consumed by multiple cache files.
- Improved initial transaction load performance. Because all objects are already cached, the initial load performance is equivalent to subsequent loads. This is the major difference from previous behavior.
- Improved performance because the system does not write new items to the cache. As such, the cache file never grows. This prevents the host from running out of disk space as each PSAPPSRV cache grows in size.
- Simplifies file management by having fewer files for the system to maintain.
Q14.What are the three logical sets of tables that make up a PeopleSoft database and what is the purpose of each?
- System Catalog Tables: This table contains metadata about all objects in the database.
- People Tools Tables: This table contains the metadata about PeopleSoft that is installed on the database. And also the structure that applications use to define specific objects. The structure of the tables is the same for all applications.
- Application Data Tables: This table contains data entered for use by your organization. Any table updated ad part of a component is an application data table.