If you're looking for Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions & Answers for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Peolplesoft Admin has a market share of about 0.2%. So, You still have opportunity to move ahead in your career in Peoplesoft Administration. Mindmajix offers Advanced Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions 2020 that helps you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as Peoplesoft Administrator.
If you would like to Enrich your career with a Peoplesoft Admin certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: “Peoplesoft Admin Training” Course. This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
Q1. What is PeopleSoft Vanilla Database?
Ans: A Vanilla implementation is one where no customization are made to the delivered application. Vanilla is PeopleSoft Application out of the box and implemented exactly as delivered. Vanilla implementation simplifies PeopleSoft environment in a number of ways. No development costs. Fast time to rollout. Simplified upgrades.
Q2. How do we start & stop Peoplesoft Webserver in single server domain?
Ans: Start: webserverstartpia
Q3. Which are the external objects in a PeopleSoft environment?
- WEB SHERE
- WEB LOGIC
- DATABASE(ORACLE, SQL, DB2, SYBASE)
Q4. What is PeopleSoft Fileserver?
Ans: The File Server is used as a central storage area for files used by development clients. This allows for a central point of file revision administration. as well as saving significant disk space on each client.
Q5.What is Report Repository?
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- The Report Repository is simply a Web Server with the report repository servlet and directory installed to it.
- Report Repository Directory: Location on the Web server where the process scheduler server transfers report and log files.
- Report Repository Servlet: The Java sevlet program that manages the display of the report and log files in a browser. If a user has been granted security access, the servlet allow them to view the files. If the user doesn’t have the permission, the servlet will not even show the file exits.
- The Report Repository will always receive any report produced by processes on the server if you establish this link.
Q6.What is DDDAUDIT?
Ans: DDDAUDIT delivers a report on the integrity of the links between the System Catalog Table and PeopleTools Table.
Q7.What is SYSAUDIT?
Ans: SYSAUDIT delivers a report on the integrity of the links within the PeopleTools Tables.
Q8.What is the ALTER AUDIT?
Ans: It is used to report difference between the PeopleTools records definition and the RDBMS System catalog.
Q9.Name the configuration file of Application Server and its location?
Ans: Location: APPSRV/
Name : psappsrv.cfg
Q10.Name the configuration file of Process Sheduler and it’s location?
Ans: Location: APPSRVPRCS
Name : psprcs.cfg
Q11.Describe the purge process?
Ans: Updates statistics to all of the process request tables before deleting content. Purges of all process requests with a last update date that is past the Days Before Purge value for the specified run statuses. Deletes all of the subdirectories in the Log_Output directory that are associated with the process requests that are purged from the process request table if the Purge Process Files option was specified. Purges the report repository tables with expired dates, based on the specified number of retention days. Deletes all directories from the report repository that are associated with processes purged from the report repository tables.
Q12.What is shared cache and how you enable it?
Ans: The system assumes that a preloaded cache exists in the share directory. The preloaded cache contains most instances of the managed object types that are cached to file. While booting application server, if shared cache is enabled but no cache files exist, the system reverts to unshared caching.
To set shared caching for the domain, set the Set ServerCacheMode to With this option enabled, the system stores the cache information in the following directory:appservcacheshare
Q13.What are the benefits of The Shared Cache Mode?
Ans: The shared cache mode offers the following benefits:
- Server processes share a common cache file, which reduce the disk space consumed by multiple cache files.
- Improved initial transaction load performance. Because all objects are already cached, the initial load performance is equivalent to subsequent loads. This is the major difference from previous behavior.
- Improved performance because the system does not write new items to the cache. As such, the cache file never grows. This prevents the host running out of disk space as each PSAPPSRV cache grows in size.
- Simplifies file management by having fewer files for the system to maintain.
Q14.What are the three logical sets of tables that make up a PeopleSoft database and what is the purpose of each?
- System Catalog Tables: This table contain metadata about all object in the database.
- People Tools Tables: This table contain the metadata about PeopleSoft that is installed on the database. And also the structure that applications use to define specific objects. The structure of the tables is the same for all applications.
- Application Data Tables: This table contain data entered for use by your organization. Any table updated ad part of a component is an application data table.