Does Design Thinking is the absolute property of designers only?
Many innovators and creators have already practiced this process and successfully reached their thoughts.
But what exactly is “Design Thinking”? How it gains more prominence?
To understand information on what design thinking is, we composed this article on the methods and processes involved in design thinking.
Design Thinking is the repeating process where it understands user thoughts, challenge their assumptions and look after more creative and innovative solutions in solving complicated problems.
Design thinking moves with the approach of applying human-focused techniques and methodologies in solving the problems that arise in lives, and in businesses. The entire scope of design thinking turns around the concept of planning a clear and comprehensive approach to solve people’s issues. It assists in the procedure of enquiring about the problem, questioning people’s thoughts, and questioning about implications. Design thinking
The continuous research in design thinking makes this process so remarkable. Brainstorming, implementation of creative ideas and solving ill-defined problems all these make this process to be well-accepted by many.
You might be the person to wonder why people move towards the implementation of design thinking in their workplaces, personal activities and, a business.
Now, we shall also spread out our discussion in this aspect.
So, the substantial force that drives people to go ahead with the implementation of design thinking is a perpetual enhancement in the technology. As today's organizations are becoming completely software-driven, the scope of change enhances and so the complexity.
Most organizations look for the implementation and execution of ingenious solutions to solve their problems. With the presence of a structured creative framework, companies can easily enhance their scalability and business reaches to height.
The term structured creative framework is absolutely ingested in design thinking and this acts as an exceptional tool for enhancing customer experiences. It shows a clear path in minimizing risks, augments performance and empowers employees. This process delivers creative frameworks to address complicated human-centered problems and suggests the best solutions pertaining to:
Accomplishment takes place when design thinking addresses innovative solutions based on the necessities of real people.
Technically speaking, design thinking might be described in many ways, phases and methods. But the fundamental and essential methodology, phase and, framework that is followed by many is as below:
1. Empathize – The most crucial and initial phase of structuring a clear framework in design thinking is Empathize. This phase is all about getting a clear picture of user thoughts, strategies, desires and objectives. This stage makes you understand the user both in an emotional and psychological aspect.
Sit and have a coffee with the user….
Make sure that you collect deep and detailed information from the user. Let your pencil note all the key points.
2. Define – This phase is completely apportioned about defining the problem.
Well, you have a clear sketch of user findings from the empathize phase and now start to have a clear sense of those in the context of:
• What complications and perplexities they are stumbling upon?
• What is the major issue that you need to address?
• What methodologies and patterns do you implement?
Making a clear sense of all these let you have a clear problem statement in the context of the user. Now, make your move towards the third phase.
3. Ideate – Being with a clear and dynamic understanding of user’s problems, now it’s time to execute your thoughts on delivering potential solutions. Here, you need to implement your creative solutions introducing modern angles and solutions as possible.
There are various kinds of ideation procedures where designers might implement, ranging from brainstorming to bodystorming — an intense lateral-thinking procedure allowing the designer to challenge well-known principles and discover comprehensive options. By the end of the ideation, highlight the key points and head towards the next phase.
4. Prototype –
The fourth phase in this process is regarding experimentation and conversion of thoughts tangible results. In general, a prototype is defined as the scaled-down context of the product incorporating dynamic solutions those identified in the above phases. Here, the fundamental operation is to analyse each solution and emphasizing any limitations and mistakes. Throughout this phase, the suggested solutions might be agreed, redefined or denied based on their performance in the prototype style.
5. Test – And here comes the major task and it is to test the proposed solutions. This is the final phase of design thinking procedure. In actuality, the conclusions of the testing stage will probably let you to have your look on the previous phases, thus providing the outcomes you require to state again the actual problem declaration or to discover any new thoughts you might not come across in before.
Yes, you have designed a structured framework and now you are in the aisle to implement. Think that everything performs well in the initial phases of implementing design thinking. Also, you need to go with frequent check-ins into the solution assuming extended sustainability of the solution.
Applying design thinking into your thought process scenarios converts an aggressive mindset to a collaborative one. All across the way, design thinking holds more benefits and delivers superior solutions in managing human-centered problems. So, delivering a polished solution comes up with the amalgamation of brainstorming, detailed insights on the user’s information.
Get to the habit of implementing design thinking in answering your problems.
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.