Indicators are a visual way of assigning categories to values. In the same way that conditional formatting in Excel might be used to highlight any negative values in red, low numbers in orange and high numbers in green, in reports, you can add an indicator to show a number of conditions.
A common indicator is the ‘traffic light’, which can be used to show whether certain targets have been met or not. Green for yes, amber for almost, and red for no, etc.
If you would like to become an SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) certified professional, then visit Mindmajix - A Global online training platform: "SSRS Training and Certification Course". This course will help you to achieve excellence in this domain.
A number of indicators are supplied that can be used with minimal configuration. All you need to do is decide what value from the report’s data will set the condition of the indicator, and then set the boundary ranges e.g. 0-100 = Green, 101-200 = Amber, 201-1000 = Red.
THE BUILT-IN INDICATORS
1. Open the Employee Contribution report and add a column to the right of the existing data.(right-click on TotalDue and Insert Column > Right)
2. From the Toolbox, drag an indicator into the new, empty data cell in the column that was just inserted.
3. From the Select Indicator Type window, choose the ‘3 stars’ indicator from the Ratings section and click OK.
4. Click once on the indicator to open the Gauge Data panel, then open the Indicator Properties window by clicking on the small arrow next to ‘Indicator 1’ in the Values section.
5. In Indicator Properties, open the Values and States page and set the value to [Sum(TotalDue)], the measurement unit to Numeric, and the indicator states as shown below.
(Related Page: Working With SSRS Reporting Services Configuration Manager)
6. Click OK
7. Preview the Summary Sales report, select a year, and then select a month to open the Employee Contribution report.
|SCCM||SQL Server DBA|
|Team Foundation Server||BizTalk Server Administrator|
Stay updated with our newsletter, packed with Tutorials, Interview Questions, How-to's, Tips & Tricks, Latest Trends & Updates, and more ➤ Straight to your inbox!
|SSRS Training||May 23 to Jun 07|
|SSRS Training||May 28 to Jun 12|
|SSRS Training||May 30 to Jun 14|
|SSRS Training||Jun 04 to Jun 19|
Ravindra Savaram is a Content Lead at Mindmajix.com. His passion lies in writing articles on the most popular IT platforms including Machine learning, DevOps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Deep Learning, and so on. You can stay up to date on all these technologies by following him on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Copyright © 2013 - 2022 MindMajix Technologies