In QlikView10 Software, the capability to add Metadata is included as a feature. Metadata is defined as data about data. In the QlikView Application, Metadata is information about tags created by developers, objects, and QlikView Documents.
In this blog, we will discuss the following topics:
Metadata is data about data, Provides information about objects, tags, and documents. The ability to generate, save, and read the Metadata has been included in the critical frameworks of the QlikView. It will help QlikView developers and administrators when the Metadata is blended with the QlikView Governance Dashboard.
In QlikView, we have two types of Metadata, they are:
The data used for making business decisions
The structural elements of QlikView Deployment are referred to as QlikView Deployment Data.
[Related Article: Synthetic keys in QlikView]
Data Governance is managing applications and data in an organization. It ensures that information assets are adequately managed across the enterprise and can be believed to make appropriate decisions. Uses of Data Governance are as follows:
It is used to Enhance Consistency.
It Minimizes Data Redundancy.
It Enhances Regulatory Compliance.
It Introduces the best repeatable processes and practices.
The QlikView Governance Dashboard is a review or analysis application that enables the QlikView Administrators to get in-depth knowledge that assists in handling QlikView Environment. Through the QlikView Governance Dashboard, we can perform the following activities:
1. Monitoring the Health Status of the QlikView Server
2. In QlikView Dashboard, QlikView Administrators can check the number of applications they have and their utilization time.
3. Through the QlikView Governance Dashboard, we can monitor when the application was launched, how much time it is used, and who used that application.
4. With the help of QlikView Dashboard Governance, we can enhance the application by identifying the complexities of it.
5. Through the QlikView Governance Dashboard, we can move from the QlikView environment to the QlikSense environment.
Metadata is also used for generating a testable QlikView Application portal by using objects and tags information. It also enables users to find essential performance benchmarks produced by business intelligence architects and developers.
Explore QlikView Sample Resumes! Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!Download Now!
In QlikView, Metadata is useful for Developers and Administrators. Administrators will get in-depth information about the applications present in the QlikView Environment. They can improve the applications and monitor the applications.