Dashboard is used for visualization. Dashboards are created in the context of a particular app. For example, if you are using the Search and Reporting app, dashboards use this app context.
After you create a dashboard, you can modify its permissions to share or manage access for other users. You can also modify the app context.
Steps to create dashboard.
* From dashboards page click create new dashboard
Saving a visualization
* Select Save as > Dashboard panel
* Click New to create a new dashboard using this panel.
* Provide a Title, ID, and Description for the dashboard.
* Specify permissions.
Save the dashboard.
* From dashboards page click create dashboard
* Saving a visualization Click Save
* Add panels, convert the dashboard to a form, or edit dashboard content.
Searches power panels
This dashboard illustrates the following searches:
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
* Inline search
* Search saved as a report
* Search from a prebuilt panel
* Inline search derived from a pivot
Dashboard with real time search
You can build a real-time dashboard using the Splunk Dashboard Editor or coding the dashboard using simple XML. This example shows how to code the simple XML.
To enable real-time searching, use the and child elements to the element. For example, if you want to enable real-time searching and display the data in a table, specify the following:
Specify properties for visualizations
Simple XML provides a set of simple XML elements that define properties that can be applied to all visualizations. For properties specific to certain types of visualizations, such as or, use the
element to specify a property.
The following table summarizes some of the elements available for all visualizations.
The following example of a panel with a element shows how to specify a title and an inline search. It restricts search results to a 5 hour window and to three fields: