If you are looking for OpenStack Interview Questions And Answers for Experienced 2018, you are at right place. Here Mindmajix sharing a list of 15 interview question on OpenStack. According to the sources, OpenStack has a global share of about 1% and it's growing rapidly. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career by choosing OpenStack. Mindmajix offers OpenStack Interview Questions that help you in cracking your interview & acquire dream career as OpenStack Engineer.
Q1. Differentiate between AWS and OpenStack.
The main criteria of differences between AWS and OpenStack are as follows –
|Points of difference||AWS||OpenStack|
|License||The license of AWS is Amazon proprietary.||Open Source is the license of OpenStack.|
|Operating medium||The medium through which operations are performed repeatedly is by using templates.||OpenStack uses text files to perform operations repeatedly.|
|System of operation||Operates using system provided by cloud administrator.||Operates by AMIs which are put forward by AWS.|
Q2. Give a brief description of OpenStack.
OpenStack is described as the future Cloud Computing software programming by different multinational companies. It can create as well as handle the various large amounts of data which are found on the Internet at present. Mainly it works with the help of Graphical User Interface. It can easily manage both public and private software platforms which involve Cloud Computing.
Q3. Mention the three main components of OpenStack.
The architecture of the OpenStack developmental software program is made of three main components -
1. The image service - The virtual disk images are registered and also discovered by this service provided by OpenStack.
2. Computing - The management of large network over the Internet is also done in a good way by OpenStack.
3. Storing Object - Two types of storage, block and object are both supported by the system of OpenStack.
Q4. What benefits do you get by using the OpenStack?
For the development of any software or for the improvements of any solution, OpenStack can be of great help. It can also develop a SAAS application. These are the following benefits of using OpenStack -
Q5. How many types of block storage ads provided by OpenStack?
Mainly two types of block storage are provided by OpenStack -
Q6. Where are the VM images stored in OpenStack?
The list of locations of VM images are as follows -
1. File system
3. Object storage by OpenStack
5. Rados Block Device
Q7. What is the meaning of Cell?
For scaling the compute cloud of OpenStack, Cell is used. It functions in a very simple way. Basically, the host gets divided into various groups and these are called cells.
Q8. List the most important components of the identity user management.
These are the most important components of identity user management -
Q9. What is the meaning of the word Token in OpenStack?
Token is referred to as the validation required for any kind of authentication. Thr generation of Token mainly occurs after the insertion of the various credentials which are done by the users. Any type of services provided by OpenStack can be accessed by Token. However, token can be used for a specified time period and after that, it has to be renewed. The credentials of the users must be authentic in order to create token.
Q10. What is the meaning of the term 'Flavor' in OpenStack?
OpenStack provides various hardware templates which are found virtually and they are known as Flavor. Generally, the size of the memory of any hard disk and RAM are defined by it. In fact, various components like Name, ID, Disk, Memory are all illustrated by it. The flavor can be modified in the OpenStack.
Q11. What are the components of OpenStack?
The following is the list of the components of OpenStack -
1. Horizon - This is the basic component of OpenStack and is also the most important operator
2. Swift - Files, and objects are mainly stored here and certain information also gets stored.
3. Nova - Various kinds of computing tasks are handled by this engine called Nova.
4. Cinder - This refers to a specific kind of block storage system and files can be accessed at a very fast rate with the help of this.
5. Keystone - All the identities of the various users of OpenStack is known to be the Keystone.
6. Neutron - It connects the various deployment components.
7. Glance - The hard disk consists of various copies virtually and these are provided by Glance.
8. Heat - This is known to be an illustrating engine which stores various cloud applications in files and hence the infrastructure is well maintained.
9. Ceilometer - The users are provided billing services by this.
Q12. How are the services provided by OpenStack being managed?
The services provided by OpenStack are managed with the help of a dashboard named Horizon and is web-based.
Q13. How do Account Reaper works?
Data in the deleted accounts which are not used by the users are removed with the help of Account Reaper.
Q14. Volume often gets transferred from a user of OpenStack to another. How?
Cinder transfer which is considered to be a special kind of command is mainly used to transfer volume between owners.
Q15. Define bare-metal node. What are its components?
The hardware resources can be controlled by users with the help of bare metal nodes which gives the users the right to control the bare metal driver. Its components are -
1. Bare metal node operating system - The is considered to be the software base for various nodes present in the cluster.
2. Bare metal node orchestrator - All the nodes when dispatched in the cluster is managed by this software.
Q16. How can network interface be removed from the bare metal node?
By using the command known as the bare metal interface remove, network interface can be removed from bare metal node.
Q17. What do you mean by the term 'Cinder'?
The storage in the OpenStack is mainly handled by using Cinder.
Q18. What types of commands are used for the generation of Key pairs?
The following are the different commands which can be used -
Q19. How can a user be created in the OpenStack?
The user name is mainly created by the command, sudo nova-manage user.
Q20. List the functions of Identity Service.
There are two main functions. These are as follows -
Q21. What is Hypervisor?
VMM which is the abbreviation of virtual machine monitor is basically defined by the Hypervisor. It is also used to define various components like firmware, hardware, and software. All these are part of the virtual machine. A hypervisor is mainly consisted or included by the host machine or various other virtually available machines. Multiple Hypervisor is also available in the OpenStack developmental software program and can choose accordingly catering to specific uses.
Q22. What are the different types of Hypervisor available in the OpenStack developmental software program?
The following are the lists of Hypervisors available in the OpenStack developmental software program are -
1. KVM - Kernel Virtual Machine
2. QEMU - Quick EMUlator and these are used for the purpose of development
3. LXC - Linux VMs are present in this Linux Containers
4. UML - For the development of the system, User Mode Linux can be used
5. Hyper-V - Virtualization of the server
6. VMware vSphere - Includes VMware Linux
Q23. What work does the Filter Scheduler do?
If there is an instance of creating some new functions, the notification is mainly given by the Filter Scheduler. It also helps in filtering these notifications according to their importance. Compute Nodes are the ones with whom it works. The hosts which are unfiltered gets created at first and by the help of their specific properties, it gets filtered. Such filtered hosts are needed according to the total number of instances.
Q24. What are the different networking options that are available in OpenStack?
The following are the different types of networking options -
1. Capacity Filter - This type of filtering is mainly based on the capacity consumption of the volume host.
2. Availability Zone Filter - Filter did according to the zones available.
3. Different Backend Filter - Done by the volume scheduled to various back end.
4. Retry Filter - Filtering existing hosts.
5. JSON Filter
Some other types of networking options available are -
Hence, OpenStack allows various kinds of networking options to choose from.
Q25. What is the meaning of OpenStack Python SDK?
SDK is the abbreviation form of the Software Development Kit and these are used for writing various python scripts and also managing them. These scripts are well connected with the OpenStack API with the help of SDK. Tasks in Python are also obtained with the help of this by calling on the Python Objects.
Q26. How can an instance be paused and also unpaused?
Two types of command like $ nova pause INSTANCE_NAME and $ nova unpause INSTANCE_NAME are used to pause and unpause instances.
Q27. What are the various functions of the command 'nova'?
The functions of nova are as follows -
1. Compute resources are well managed
2. Authorization and networking
3. API based on the REST
4. Communication which is asynchronous
5. Supports Xen several and is hence considered to be Hypervisor agnostic
6. Helps in the management of instances
Q28. How do Swift functions?
Swift helps in string various objects. It helps in storing objects which are bigger in size and is also numerous in numbers. It helps in reducing data by storing such objects. Its works are often associated with large number sets of data. It contains data which are needed for virtual machines and other apps. Swift also has the capability of media streaming and can also secure a large number of objects stored by it. It has extreme scalability skills and can also help in backing up files and data.
Q29. Define Sanitization Process.
Sanitization process refers to the process of the removal of certain information which is present in the media. This type is information are basically useless as these can't be reconstructed or retrieved. This process mainly includes various techniques like purging, clearing, erasing cryptographically and also destruction. Such process prevents the information to get out to any individuals who are unauthorized during the releases of such information in the media.
Q30. How can you overcome any type of sudden server failure?
During the failure of the server or when the server is not seen to be perfectly functioning then the Object Storage services should not be running. Hence, it is best to close them of this problem arises. This is because to know the solution, troubleshooting must be done. Closing the object storage service will allow it to work or function while troubleshooting is still going on. However, often such failure just needs rebooting and hence for this work which doesn't require much time, the object storage service doesn't need to be closed. Update to this service will be added once the machine gets online after rebooting. Removing the drive from the ring is the best idea when the drive can't be replaced. But if it can be replaced, then it can be added back to the ring.
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.